The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

So my wife just made this :rotfl

330B0006-11DB-4ACA-B4B1-E6FFDA6F2370.jpg

I don't consider Rian a filmmaker. A filmbreaker, yes.

For the kids that think that's cool.... well, then they deserve the world they're part of now. But I'm glad to be on the way out instead of just coming in, that's for sure.

?Star Wars wasn?t mainstream 20 years ago like it is now? has got to be one of the most insane things ever said here.

It?s as mainstream as it gets. It?s mass entertainment spread across multiple avenues. There is nothing exclusive about it, there never was. It didn?t open small in 77? and wasn?t some rare gem that had to be discovered.

It?s not like it?s the French New Wave, John Waters films or Spanish comic books from the 1980?s, those things are nerdy. The imaginary club fans have made and invited themselves to is absurd. It was all over beach towels and backpacks in 77 and it?s all over them now. Liking it back then it now does not make you special in any way.

The problem isin?t Star Wars, the problem is the gate keeping, male dominated, toxic fandom.

The Mandalorian is like a breath of fresh air. Good old fashioned expanded universe Star Wars. I felt the same way with Solo and Rogue One. If they have an agenda it isn't pushed to the fore. When you move away from the Skywalker story you get to see how the other, more ordinary denizens of this universe live. And I always found that aspect more interesting, hence my attachment to the early Han and Lando novels.

I only wish they would've dropped all the episodes in one go. I usually wait until I have all the episodes of a series before I start watching it, but made an exception with this one.

:exactly: I would've luvd to see more of Finn in the sense of all SW, Stormtroopers everywhere and it was the coolest thing to see this lowly infantry guy - cannon fodder - come to the fore. Seeing an agricultural planet and a simple watering hole, NOT stuffed with shifty characters. Even the Mandalorian being decently polite vs. oozing attitude and dangerousness. For me, getting looks at "ordinary people" really enriches a story - something even the juggernaut MCU misses at times.

TBH - yeah, usually I don't have a lot of patience with weekly series:gah:. GOT for me was a pain in the *ss on weekends and then I felt shafted anyway, in the end. I'd rather do a nice binge watch.

But Mandalorian schedule is working for me, plus there's TROS in the mix to break up the wait for what hopefully is a great Mandalorian season finale. For me it doesn't have to be the most incredible ever - just awesome and solid. I'm already firmly hooked:lol and anyway feel like Favreau & co. know what they are doing.:clap

Yeah as far as cinema goes i?m almost almost ready to call it a day.

What a run.

Yes the ST will be in my collection because of Luke, Leia and Han, deal with it.

I just need the following to retire:

A proper X-Men, Brotherhood, FF4, Silver Surfer and Dr Doom.

One final Batman with Joker movie to sweeten the DC pot.

One final attempt at a F13th movie.

A Gibson Mad Max movie but not holding my breath.

That?s all she wrote.

I no longer am in need of or desire another:

SW movie, Disney + will suffice.
LOTR
Indy
Terminator
Die Hard
Robocop
Alien
Predator
Halloween
Conan
Rambo
John Wick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

?Star Wars wasn?t mainstream 20 years ago like it is now? has got to be one of the most insane things ever said here.

It?s as mainstream as it gets. It?s mass entertainment spread across multiple avenues. There is nothing exclusive about it, there never was. It didn?t open small in 77? and wasn?t some rare gem that had to be discovered.

It?s not like it?s the French New Wave, John Waters films or Spanish comic books from the 1980?s, those things are nerdy. The imaginary club fans have made and invited themselves to is absurd. It was all over beach towels and backpacks in 77 and it?s all over them now. Liking it back then it now does not make you special in any way.

The problem isin?t Star Wars, the problem is the gate keeping, male dominated, toxic fandom.

Male dominant?! There's been plenty of females in all of these Star Wars movies going back to '77. Give me a break.

Yeah as far as cinema goes i?m almost almost ready to call it a day.

What a run.

Yes the ST will be in my collection because of Luke, Leia and Han, deal with it.

I just need the following to retire:

A proper X-Men, Brotherhood, FF4, Silver Surfer and Dr Doom.

One final Batman with Joker movie to sweeten the DC pot.

One final attempt at a F13th movie.

A Gibson Mad Max movie but not holding my breath.

That?s all she wrote.

I no longer am in need of or desire another:

SW movie, Disney + will suffice.
LOTR
Terminator
Die Hard
Robocop
Alien
Halloween
Conan
Rambo
John Wick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll probably always go to an SW movie. Esp. if it's what Favreau mentioned maybe doing a theater movie for Mandalorian. :drool
30 foot IMAX is just something I can't afford at home.

Could do another John Wick.

Looking forward to the Amazon LOTR prequel series - sure there is plenty to be tapped re LOTR. So far Thranduil and Dain defending the North have been ignored while the Quest was going on, for one thing.

Agree with the rest - someone's gonna just hafta be original in Hollywood vs. sequels and reboots.:pfft:

Are female oriented/dominated shows and movies such as Sex and the City, etc horrible and toxic as well? Asking for a friend.

Kathleen, is that you?

What I've observed by visiting this forum and many others like it is "fan-service" seems to be and does come across as a mean-spirited term that cynical clowns spout. I prefer to call them fun little nods. You can really tell that the people that have created this show truly loves the source material. The sequel trilogy snobs can really take a page from Mando's playbook.

I remeber being called an OT snob for not caring much for at the time the prequel triolgy which I have to admit has grown on me over time , the sequel triology I have strong doubts will. The Mandolarian , Rogue One and Solo are the best things SW Disney has put out thus far in my humble opinion.

You're one of them so shut up.

Where have I demonstrated heightened sensitivity to criticism of the OT or ST?

Yes, it was generally considered nerdier to like SW 20 years ago than it is now. Now it’s more of a fad.

Where have I demonstrated heightened sensitivity to criticism of the OT or ST?

Yes, it was generally considered nerdier to like SW 20 years ago than it is now. Now it’s more of a fad.

I meant you're a geek just like the ones that you complained about in your previous post. Come down off of your high horse.

Back