The Matrix 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

My ranking:
  1. Reloaded
  2. Matrix
  3. Revolutions
  4. Resurrections

Resurrections isn't that far behind Revolutions. I know for many that's not saying much! :)

Fourth place, not bad. It could be worse. :lol

"Based on characters created by the Wachowski Brothers."

Damn right it is. "Based" on characters from a completely separate film series.

What the hell. Where do I even begin.

I rewatched the entire trilogy before this and was shocked at how well even Reloaded and Revolutions have aged. This was highlighted repeatedly throughout this very movie with the endless flashbacks to vastly superior films.

I'm in disbelief. They made the entire series a joke. A literal joke. The post credit scene has
Spoiler Spoiler:
I'm almost having an out of body experience just typing that because that's--actually how the movie ended.

Even if I did agree that TLJ crapped on SW this...is a thousand times worse.

Last edited:
"Based on characters created by the Wachowski Brothers."

Damn right it is. "Based" on characters from a COMPLETELY SEPARATE FILM SERIES.

What the hell. Where do I even begin.

I rewatched the entire trilogy before this and was shocked at how well even Reloaded and Revolutions have aged. This was highlighted repeatedly throughout this movie with the endless flashbacks to FAR superior films.

I'm in disbelief. They made the entire series a joke. A literal joke. The post credit scene has
Spoiler Spoiler:
I'm almost having an out of body experience just typing that because that's--actually how the movie ended.

Even if I did agree that TLJ crapped on SW this...is a thousand times worse.

Perhaps the after-credit scene is meant to be stupid as way to make fun of the whole idea of movies having after credit scenes? Obviously, it's not meant to be taken seriously.

Perhaps the after-credit scene is meant to be stupid
Along with pretty much everything else.

And they really started to hook me about halfway through with the implication that they were setting up for an epic conflict between good humans and machines against bad humans and machines. Holy crap did I just get epically punked.

Along with pretty much everything else.

And they really started to hook me about halfway through with the implication that they were setting up for an epic conflict between good humans and machines against bad humans and machines. Holy crap did I just get epically punked.

I'm still watching it in theaters this Saturday. At least I know what to expect. I'm still optimistic.

The endless "commentary" from this movie on Hollywood, audiences, sequels, studios, and so on was all consuming. Just because it's the actual opinions of the director or writers doesn't mean that the manner in which they were expressed were appropriate within the context of this established story. Imagine watching what you think is a continuation of the Matrix films and then the characters just stop in the middle of a scene to look at the camera and say "you know how Deadpool sometimes talks directly to the audience? Well we think that's stupid." That's basically what this freaking movie did over and over.

Watched it last night, I don't know what to think.

Keanu is loyal to Lana Wachowski, but I don't think he knew what he was signing up for.

The whole first act could be jettisoned. I liked the real world stuff seeing Neo in the pod again with the shaved head. But the film was sorely missing Fishburne and Weaving.

It felt like Lana made a film just as an excuse to get her pals together and fund her next project.

I like Yahya as Morpheus, that guy is magnetic as hell, but I might need to watch it again to get a proper grasp.

Jessica Henwick was absolutely fantastic though.

The endless "commentary" from this movie on Hollywood, audiences, sequels, studios, and so on was all consuming. Just because it's the actual opinions of the director or writers doesn't mean that the manner in which they were expressed were appropriate within the context of this established story. Imagine watching what you think is a continuation of the Matrix films and then the characters just stop in the middle of a scene to look at the camera and say "you know how Deadpool sometimes talks directly to the audience? Well we think that's stupid." That's basically what this freaking movie did over and over.

Interesting, I really need to see it for myself to see If I'll dislike it as much as everyone else. I've always thought the Matrix could get away with certain things that other films couldn't because of the nature of the Matrix concept, so I wonder if this commentary on current films and culture works within that context.

Everyone will be speaking like Trump by next generation.
Regardless of whatever anyone thinks of Trump, I fear if things continue like this, he's going to look like Oscar Wilde compared to the new breeds.

That's a filthy silicone whore. Not a cool robo-waifu with a working womb. Where is my feminine incubator with a vagina, Zuck?!

All right......I've been taking wet messy dumps on this pile of trash ever since it was first announced. I mocked the trailers, laughed at all the leaked plots, rolled my eyes at the entire mess.

Sat down after work today and watched it.

So help me god....did I.....LIKE this movie??

I did. I liked it. A lot. It was not what I was expecting. I thought Neo and Trinity were just gonna have cameos like Luke and Han and the main brunt of the movie was gonna be our new blue haired lesbian hero.

But Keanu was in damn near every frame of the movie, and I can't help it...I love Keanu.

I even loved the blue haired lesbian....I kept waiting for her to be the sassy, man hating cliche, but she was really great. I liked the new Smith. I liked NPH being NPH.

When I first saw The Matrix on opening weekend in 1999 (and had my life changed forever like so many of you) my only complaint about it was that it was a kick ass action movie with a love story tacked on.

And I think that's why I liked this so much: it's essentially just a love story with some action tacked on.

Good lord...what's happened to me? I hate everything, you all know that. But I just watched this movie and I was absolutely riveted....all I cared about was Neo and Trinity finding each other again, somehow. This was basically "Eternal Sunshine" with a hell of a lot more guns.

I really liked it. For real. Sure, hipster programmers were detestable, but they were supposed to be detestable.

Honestly I was all in, 100% right up until the end credits and the world's single most cringe-inducing cover of Rage Against the Machine played instead of the original. It's douchey as hell when a guy tries to imitate Zach de la Rocha, but a woman "singer?" Attempting Rage?? Barf. That's just sacrilege.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wor-Gar.....calling it back in January 2020 like a boss!!

All right......I've been taking wet messy dumps on this pile of trash ever since it was first announced. I mocked the trailers, laughed at all the leaked plots, rolled my eyes at the entire mess.

I did. I liked it. A lot. It was not what I was expecting. I thought Neo and Trinity were just gonna have cameos like Luke and Han and the main brunt of the movie was gonna be our new blue haired lesbian hero.

But Keanu was in damn near every frame of the movie, and I can't help it...I love Keanu.

I even loved the blue haired lesbian....I kept waiting for her to be the sassy, man hating cliche, but she was really great. I liked the new Smith. I liked NPH being NPH.

When I first saw The Matrix on opening weekend in 1999 (and had my life changed forever like so many of you) my only complaint about it was that it was a kick ass action movie with a love story tacked on.

And I think that's why I liked this so much: it's essentially just a love story with some action tacked on.

Good lord...what's happened to me? I hate everything, you all know that. But I just watched this movie and I was absolutely riveted....all I cared about was Neo and Trinity finding each other again, somehow. This was basically "Eternal Sunshine" with a hell of a lot more guns.

I really liked it. For real. Sure, hipster programmers were detestable, but they were supposed to be detestable.

Honestly I was all in, 100% right up until the end credits and the world's single most cringe-inducing cover of Rage Against the Machine played instead of the original. It's douchey as hell when a guy tries to imitate Zach de la Rocha, but a woman "singer?" Attempting Rage?? Barf. That's just sacrilege.
Awesome!

I'm watching it tonight! :rock

You just turned Wor-Gar, Clown and Khev’s world upside down you know that right lol

They might even start believing they are themselves in the Matrix!

Wor-Gar right now…

1640266880873.gif

You just turned Wor-Gar, Clown and Khev’s world upside down you know that right lol

They might even start believing they are themselves in the Matrix!

Wor-Gar right now…

View attachment 552024
Don't shoot me guys, but overall I liked it too! I don't know, maybe having such low expectations going in helped? Granted, it didn't need half the the flashes back to scenes from the original films and the action could have been better
Spoiler Spoiler:
but nevertheless I liked the conceit of the "new" matrix design as well as
Spoiler Spoiler:

Also, I loved Jessica Henwick's performance and NPH was outstanding as well. I also liked how Priyanka Chopra's character tied back to the original trilogy. It probably was obvious to others but I haven't watched those films in ages so I was pleasantly surprised.

Back