The Matrix 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard 'deadass' and seen fr, the rest not so much. And what I have encountered makes me think I should get out more.

Hope it's just a blip.

I think Advertising's relentless emphasis on Youth has warped adults so things they should be contemptuous or dismissive of, they now try to imitate or assimilate.

Or maybe I'm just over here yellin' at clouds.
No, things are getting worse, at the very least in that particular regard. The rise of tv, computers, and then social media, alongside with dependance on texting, have warped the human mind, especially the generations that grew up with them unsupervised. This isn't a case of cycles or patterns repeating themselves; this is pretty much uncharted territory in the grand scheme of human history.

No, things are getting worse,
Oh agreed -- hence hoping it's a bad blip.
at the very least in that particular regard. The rise of tv, computers, and then social media, alongside with dependance on texting, have warped the human mind, especially the generations that grew up with them unsupervised. This isn't a case of cycles or patterns repeating themselves; this is pretty much uncharted territory in the grand scheme of human history.
Yup. One big uncontrolled experiment on territorial hunter-gatherer apes. With nukes.

Oh agreed -- hence hoping it's a bad blip.

Yup. One big uncontrolled experiment on territorial hunter-gatherer apes. With nukes.
Nukes are on the sidelines. Just going down this path with no deviation from the set course will be enough to land us in some pretty horrific circumstances.

I'm a fan of the sequels although I understand why people don't like them. I never want to see this film again.

It doesn't even feel like a sequel or a proper movie. More like a fan fic epilogue or those tie-in comics that no one needs to read. The wire-fu is crap to non-existent, (Neo just resorts to force pushing everything out of his way after a while) out go the slick set pieces and choreography and the score is totally forgettable. Even the 'Wake Up' cover at the end is bad.

I'm dumb founded this thing exists.

Last edited:
Got damn, since I get HBO max for free I watched the opening credits loud in my house then decided to see it at a theater.

A huge complaint from me was the fact that the home theater experience for me was louder than the theater at least, I noticed a huge difference to be honest.

with that said having religiously digested the entire matrix trilogy and all the source material over my youth, I went thinking this was a soft reboot but it really wasn’t, more than anything I was surprised to see it as a sequel for sure, funnily enough a complaint from Grace about No way home’s actors playing SNL versions of themselves applies 100% to this movie, it felt like an SNL parody of the matrix.

for one it felt soulless because it wasn’t filmed in Australia, San Francisco just felt completely soulless for once.

the storyline that life is a vicious circle got to me, this movie deeply reflects this, for sure I wanted more answers but all we got was more questions.
The dialogue was worse than tener, couldn’t understand key plot points, but I love the idea that everyone seemingly gets along in the real world but makes me wonder if the next sequels will deal with consequences of their actions, so I’m not sure. They should have followed stories like the Animatrix to be honest.
It was surreal to see Handsome Chad fighting Carrie I think haha.
but this movie did have its cringe moments, none from The old cast but that new talent.

one key aspect I completely miss is the OST Of the first one, this one had none of it, and although expensive on studios it’s sad that it didn’t felt like one because of that!

I'm not sure I even want to watch this movie. I see no up-side. No gain. I love The Matrix, but discount the sequels for the most part even though I enjoyed the 2nd half of the 2nd movie. Nothing from the 3rd intrigued me.

So why the hell do I want to ruin the taste even more? The first two sequels put a shutter on the original so much that it became uncool to talk about the Matrix for many years. But nothing can stop that 20 year anniversary nostalgia... except a dimwitted sequel from someone that needs money and relevance. (see Indy 5 next)

I think I'll just steer clear of this until its unavoidable on cable.

I'm not sure I even want to watch this movie. I see no up-side. No gain. I love The Matrix, but discount the sequels for the most part even though I enjoyed the 2nd half of the 2nd movie. Nothing from the 3rd intrigued me.

So why the hell do I want to ruin the taste even more? The first two sequels put a shutter on the original so much that it became uncool to talk about the Matrix for many years. But nothing can stop that 20 year anniversary nostalgia... except a dimwitted sequel from someone that needs money and relevance. (see Indy 5 next)

It is brutal

Coupla things I still don't get or missed:

* Why has Morpheus been reduced to code? Did that happen in The Matrix Online?
* What's the connection between Morpheus and Smith?

I don't think this is any worse a nostalgia trip than the ST or Disney Wars in general. If anything it can justify the repetition in terms of a programmatic loop. And at least it's self-conscious while doing it.

Wym you can watch it for free if you have HBO max hahaha

Just because I can watch it for free doesn't mean I want to waste my time. It just takes wasted time from here. :)
If you are watching at home chances are the movie would be background noise at this rate, hell, i can never get anyone to pay the same attention in a theater versus at home hehehe

The volume of crap has been turned up to 11.

Not that we didn't have crap in my day. We had a ton. But we didn't have studios cursing their audience for not embracing their junk. Like female Ghostbusters. That's all new.

Back