The Matrix 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little afraid now to watch this. What if I like it? :)
I don't think you have anything to worry about. :lol But if you like it, then that's a win no matter what.

After the first half hour, the rest of the film is just doing all of the same things as the first three. The only differences are superficial and don't amount to any substantive change. The idea that most people are sheep and inherently prefer lack of true freedom is nothing new in this franchise; it has already been explored.

I think you'll resent this film far more than you'll enjoy or respect it. But hurry up and watch it so we'll know for sure. ;)

Trinity is so freaking hot in Matrix 1.
Reloaded for me dawg haha The Keymaster took that “blue pill” if you know what I mean haha
D18A298F-F97A-4103-B265-1F7DFDDF3AD0.jpeg

That's the truth. Lana's message: be who you want to be, who you were born to be.

I can see that entitled attitude making for a very mixed-up and dangerous world. What if I want to be ruler of the Free World? I mean, I was born to be it so I deserve it. :slap

You already are who you want to be, the melting face man. 🤭

Khev a constipated Capt America

and Jye a constipated Tobey

Last edited:
I'm a little afraid now to watch this. What if I like it? :)
I take back my earlier blue pill comment. Watch the movie and judge for yourself. There was quite a bit to like and definitely some moments of true brilliance (which I'm sure I was able to appreciate more by watching this movie cold and spoiler free.)

At the end of the day I genuinely *like* the direction they took the story.

1. True continuation of the trilogy
2. Organic evolution of the man/machine conflict with some machines breaking ranks from the original AI overlords (The Analyst) and others joining the humans.
3. Explanation for jarring reconstruct of the matrix program actually made sense once you get past the gratuitous color commentary
4. Neo and Trinity remained the main heroes of the story
5. The revelations of Neo and Trinity's symbiotic relationship
6. Bugs and new Morpheus characters were totally likable
7. Neo being nerfed had a good explanation and was IMO necessary to even have a movie with genuine stakes again

When you get down to it that's a pretty sizable list of pros.

But the lack of great action and the manner in which they deconstructed not just society but more importantly the previous films are my main sticking points. That and the fact that I thought the movie was setting up humans and machines working together on both sides which they didn't explore nearly enough IMO. New Smith was very subpar but The Analyst was good.

I take back my earlier blue pill comment. Watch the movie and judge for yourself. There was quite a bit to like and definitely some moments of true brilliance (which I'm sure I was able to appreciate more by watching this movie cold and spoiler free.)

2. Organic evolution of the man/machine conflict with some machines breaking ranks from the original AI overlords (The Analyst) and others joining the humans.
3. Explanation for jarring reconstruct of the matrix program actually made sense once you get past the gratuitous color commentary
7. Neo being nerfed had a good explanation and was IMO necessary to even have a movie with genuine stakes again

When you get down to it that's a pretty sizable list of pros.

But the lack of great action and the manner in which they deconstructed not just society but more importantly the previous films are my main sticking points. That and the fact that I thought the movie was setting up humans and machines working together on both sides which they didn't explore nearly enough IMO. New Smith was very subpar but The Analyst was good.

Now its sounds like you like it. You just got done saying you watched dreck. I'm so confused.

My wife has never watched a Matrix movie. :horror
Will she be lost?

Will she be lost?
They literally play clips from the first three movies (mostly from the original), so that might at least provide enough of a Cliff's Notes kind of summary where she won't be overwhelmed trying to catch up with what the hell is going on. There's enough of a reboot/remake element built in to this premise that might facilitate not feeling lost without having watched the previous installments.

Now its sounds like you like it. You just got done saying you watched dreck. I'm so confused.

Me too. :lol

I need to see it again. I think I'm glad I watched it first on HBO Max. I think I'll go watch it on the big screen after Christmas with my updated awareness of the film's pros and cons to see how it plays.

Will she be lost?
Probably. The movie provides endless flashbacks but it assumes that you recognize the context of the flashbacks. I don't recall the film recapping the events that led to the rise of the machines and the start of the war which is a pretty important backdrop to be oblivious to.

I agree, but the execution was a steaming turd. Wasn't one of the reviews 'weaker than the sum of its parts' ?

I want to get her to sit down and watch the first at least. But then, after that great movie, I wonder what torture is in store watching Matrix 4...?
I'd be very curious to hear how Resurrections plays for someone who didn't have a long standing awareness of what came before. Just like I contend that for people who've never watched any SW films the ST isn't this great offense for people experiencing all the films sequentially in one binge.

Maybe watching the first three Matrix films and then Resurrections will feel like one solid experience to her.

Back