The Not Alamo Drafthouse Poster Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So . . . . thanks for the suggestion I/TP.

Very interesting to watch - TONS that could really animate and open up discussions on here.

The sections about licencing and likeness rights were very reminiscent of discussions that have been ongoing in the Garage Kit community for nearly 30 years. I actually cheered at the "the artist should be the most powerful" portion - lol.

WAY too much of that "Stout" fella's prints though (I'd feel differently if I liked his style - so each to their own).

Obviously LOTS of prints on display, but since appreciation of art is down to individuals tastes and so subjective - there were only TWO that jumped out at me and made me go "oooooh - cool!":

• "The Good The Bad and the Ugly" print at the 39min mark
  • The "First Blood" print around 1hr in.

Really appreciate you prompting me to watch this dude - gave me a lot of background info & history in a short (1hr 20) space of time.

I think I have that Taylor First Blood. I won't know for sure until I get a flat file and start opening up tubes. I have most of the prints in the movie, I need to frame the Pullin Vertigo

View attachment 340665

Regular

View attachment 340666

Variant

Scored a regular, both sold out in a couple minutes

Smart move buying. I think this will sell pretty high in price as the days go. Just like KT's Halloween. I picked up the variant. I just love the blue tint. Kind of like it was in the movie when the moonlight was shining through the room onto him. Gonna look fab hanging in my home.

Sometimes I feel these threads are more investors threads than a love of art thread.

I think both, to be honest. Loved the Halloween print... bought the Halloween print. Prices will go up, best to buy now if you don't already have it but want it. I also stated it will hang well in my home. LOVE the art, keeping the art, hanging the art. Making a comment about the cost of it doesn't negate from the love of it.

Personally - I don't care 1 bit if mine go up in value or could only be given away.

The 5 I have were bought because I LOVE the movie they came from (Predator) and because I love the way they were drawn.

That will be true for any I buy in the future too.

I've seen prints from other movies I love but they just didn't have that certain "something" about them.

I'm always on the lookout for prints & collectibles in general from these . . .

• Pumpkinhead
  • Escape From New York
  • Predator
  • Predator 2
  • AVP
  • PREDATORS
  • Ghost Rider (1 & 2)
  • The Relic
  • Any Which Way But Loose & Any Which Way You Can (although the originals are cool on those!)
  • The Thing (Carpenter's & the prequel)
  • Curse/Night Of The Demon
  • Alien 3
  • Alien Resurrection
  • JAWS . . . .

. . . Just the ones that immediately spring to mind.

But those darn licence & likeness issues seem to be getting in the way for folks :slap :)

Personally - I don't care 1 bit if mine go up in value or could only be given away.

The 5 I have were bought because I LOVE the movie they came from (Predator) and because I love the way they were drawn.

That will be true for any I buy in the future too.

I've seen prints from other movies I love but they just didn't have that certain "something" about them.

I'm always on the lookout for prints & collectibles in general from these . . .

• Pumpkinhead
  • Escape From New York
  • Predator
  • Predator 2
  • AVP
  • PREDATORS
  • Ghost Rider (1 & 2)
  • The Relic
  • Any Which Way But Loose & Any Which Way You Can (although the originals are cool on those!)
  • The Thing (Carpenter's & the prequel)
  • Curse/Night Of The Demon
  • Alien 3
  • Alien Resurrection
  • JAWS . . . .

Most of those have been done either by a Gallery, or a commission group
. . . Just the ones that immediately spring to mind.

But those darn licence & likeness issues seem to be getting in the way for folks :slap :)

Most of those have been done either by a Gallery, or a commission group or both

Smart move buying. I think this will sell pretty high in price as the days go. Just like KT's Halloween. I picked up the variant. I just love the blue tint. Kind of like it was in the movie when the moonlight was shining through the room onto him. Gonna look fab hanging in my home.

I wanna see what the NOES looks like...I'm eyeballing the Vance Kelly at the same time

On commissions, is it true that you pay up-front before you know what you're getting
icon_question.gif

I THOUGHT that WAS the case - as I recently saw an "Escape From New York" that initially had me quite interested - but the end result was (for me) disappointing.

Too big of a risk (unless it's an artist I particularly admire I guess).

Hey HMS, finally some love for the Relic. I thought I was the only one who loved that flick.

And I agree, a lot of commission pieces haven't been for me. I have only put my $ toward one. The Ghost in the Shell print. Drool.

Back