The Not Alamo Drafthouse Poster Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey HMS, finally some love for the Relic. I thought I was the only one who loved that flick.

And I agree, a lot of commission pieces haven't been for me. I have only put my $ toward one. The Ghost in the Shell print. Drool.

I've bought more commissions than anything else lately...some are better than what a Gallery could do

Hey HMS, finally some love for the Relic. I thought I was the only one who loved that flick.

And I agree, a lot of commission pieces haven't been for me. I have only put my $ toward one. The Ghost in the Shell print. Drool.

Awesome movie - I think I may have gone a bit OTT on Garage Kits from that :lol

The Wife's drawn the conclusion (quite fairly) that I have an unfortunate predilection with beasties :)

I've bought more commissions than anything else lately...some are better than what a Gallery could do

I see why, now. I think the art is getting better and better. Most of the gallery art these days isn't all that great.

Awesome movie - I think I may have gone a bit OTT on Garage Kits from that :lol

The Wife's drawn the conclusion (quite fairly) that I have an unfortunate predilection with beasties :)

:lol

Based on the quantity of GALLERY stuff you've owned up to buying on this forum, I now have this picture in my mind . . . Google world shows the rolling hills of Ohio . . . zooming allows viewing of major state attractions . . . including America's version of a Chinese wonder . . . "The Great Wall of Ink" . . . towering piles of prints stacked many feet tall and stretching all around your yard . . .

(* "Great wall of Trash Panda" didn't scan so well OR have the dual meaning :) *)

Based on the quantity of GALLERY stuff you've owned up to buying on this forum, I now have this picture in my mind . . . Google world shows the rolling hills of Ohio . . . zooming allows viewing of major state attractions . . . including America's version of a Chinese wonder . . . "The Great Wall of Ink" . . . towering piles of prints stacked many feet tall and stretching all around your yard . . .

(* "Great wall of Trash Panda" didn't scan so well OR have the dual meaning :) *)

My EB collection list is 13 pages of stuff I know I have...I know I have stuff that I've forgotten about

You got them jellies?

Only explanation. :monkey3

Not at all. SO there's no reason to be a d!ck about it.

I think overall there is too much scalping and people just buying in hopes of the flip, or to fund their trip to an event, or whatever.

80% of a run is normally sold out to scalpers who care less about the art keeping it from real fans of the product or line.

TBH I have not gone after anything in MONTH's cause little has interested me.

I have no reason to be "jelly". I have many a piece I admire and enjoy as true art should be. On my walls, displayed and rotated like any real collection.

I don't await the augmentation of the price with anticiaption for anything I buy and I don't buy anything I don't love.
Best thing is... if I don't get something, i say F it. I don't cry, I don't pay some dumb @$$ scalper for it. I just say oh well.
I find contentment in what I have, not what I don't.

So no no jellies.

I sincerely have no idea what this "Jelly" thing is referring to . . . you kids these days . . .

Mf6OKPW.gif

My Florey Alien and Predator set arrived today in a very large tube. I'll open it up tomorrow if I get a chance to check them over. I don't have any frames yet, or any way to safely store them flat so they'll have to stay in the tube for a while.

My Florey Alien and Predator set arrived today in a very large tube. I'll open it up tomorrow if I get a chance to check them over. I don't have any frames yet, or any way to safely store them flat so they'll have to stay in the tube for a while.

The Timothy Pittides Pred (ordered several weeks AFTER the Florey) arrived at the Post Office last Thursday.

My Florey Pred is due next Tue/Wed, so I'm waiting until then so I can pick them both up together.

Back