The Official Gears Of War 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once I have finished the campaign, kinda lost my desire this week to play GOW3....story was pretty weak, and while fun as shooter, the lack of explanation for ANYTHING kinda sucked for me.

Anyone looking for cheap Epic edition minus Adam Fenix and Infected Omen codes, look in the 'For Sale' section or send me PM

if you dont think ANYTHING was explained then you must not have paid any attention to the story telling

regardless, if you went into this game looking for amazing story telling then you must not be familiar with the series. Gears has always been action first, story second

Im going to sell my Marcus statue from my epic edition as well. Im keeping everything else, but the statue is going.

if you dont think ANYTHING was explained then you must not have paid any attention to the story telling

I know action was first and I blame the excellent books by Traviss for ruining the story aspect....and nothing was explained, as far as the queen, Prescott, or sires from game 2. More mad about the lack of explanation with them

Once I have finished the campaign, kinda lost my desire this week to play GOW3....story was pretty weak, and while fun as shooter, the lack of explanation for ANYTHING kinda sucked...

I know action was first and I blame the excellent books by Traviss for ruining the story aspect....and nothing was explained, as far as the queen, Prescott, or sires from game 2. More mad about the lack of explanation with them

This is my main gripe as well. Huge plot points were completely brushed over like they didn't even matter. Epic didn't have to let the players know that Prescott was gone for 18 months, but they chose to make that part of the campaigns story, then it was just forgotten about the rest of the game. Why?

This is my main gripe as well. Huge plot points were completely brushed over like they didn't even matter. Epic didn't have to let the players know that Prescott was gone for 18 months, but they chose to make that part of the campaigns story, then it was just forgotten about the rest of the game. Why?

They tell you exactly where he went for 18 months, but they don't have someone say this is where he went. As far as plot points being left open really only the queen looking human, but I think leaving some stuff open is ok as it leaves things to talk about.

The 5th gears book and I believe the last comes out in May. There is plenty of time for some of you to read the others, and help yourselves understand things more.

The books did a good job of showing what happened from Gow 2 and Gow3...no idea when the heck Gow 3 did start in relation to last book due to the one comment at beginning of game

To me what was not explained: Sires and Old haven in Gow 2. Queen's relationship to Adam or marcus = was she a scientist? Was she something else? Things like that.

I was also 'mad' at the character of Sam - she was in it way too much. I would have preferred Alex or Bernie over such a generic female....if I want Chloe in my game, I will take Uncharted thank you very much

The books did a good job of showing what happened from Gow 2 and Gow3...no idea when the heck Gow 3 did start in relation to last book due to the one comment at beginning of game

Its within a few months of the end of Coalitions End.

To me what was not explained: Sires and Old haven in Gow 2. Queen's relationship to Adam or marcus = was she a scientist? Was she something else? Things like that.

The sires are just an experiment. That's all. Use your imagination a bit instead of it just being told to you. The assumption is the queen is probably a scientist Adam knew,
Spoiler Spoiler:

I was also 'mad' at the character of Sam - she was in it way too much. I would have preferred Alex or Bernie over such a generic female....if I want Chloe in my game, I will take Uncharted thank you very much

She's a major player in the last couple of books and starts to develop a love interest with Dom. Why in the world would she not be in the game? She's a member of Delta squad as well along with Anya. Alex is barely in the books and so her not being in it makes sense. While Bernie has gone with Hoffman to
Spoiler Spoiler:
so her amount of time in game makes sense.

Last edited:
i think everything was explained as it should be...they left enough open to make another series of game, either a prequel or sequel.

The things people are saying were unanswered either were and you just weren't paying attention, or were insignificant to the major plot.

The book says the game starts months later, but Marcus (at beg of game) makes a comment that contradicts that. More of an oversight I am sure.

As for Sires, I could definitely use my imagination, and yes, we can all agree that they were an experiement, but I expected them to more directly tie into plot with Lambent. This was a 'major reveal' in Gears 2, so that's where my attitude is coming from.

Queen - Your story is only as good as your bad guys. Love the Locusts, and the fact they 'exist' is enough. And, I dont soo much care about her relationship with Adam,. More as to why/how she became Queen of the Locusts? Why does she care soo much for them, etc....i thought it was going to somehow turn out that the COG either created them or more directly caused their issues. Game says the badguy was really the Immulsion....left me wanting

I cant be the only one that feels this way? Sucks being ____ retentive ocd!!!!

The book says the game starts months later, but Marcus (at beg of game) makes a comment that contradicts that. More of an oversight I am sure.

What does he say?

As for Sires, I could definitely use my imagination, and yes, we can all agree that they were an experiment, but I expected them to more directly tie into plot with Lambent. This was a 'major reveal' in Gears 2, so that's where my attitude is coming from.

Their point was that Prescott and COG officials were hiding secrets from the military. Other info is out there that the COG knew about the lambency well before Delta found out so without coming out and saying anything they tell you things are tied together. It's all about setting up that there are secrets being kept.

Queen - Your story is only as good as your bad guys. Love the Locusts, and the fact they 'exist' is enough. And, I dont soo much care about her relationship with Adam,. More as to why/how she became Queen of the Locusts? Why does she care soo much for them, etc....i thought it was going to somehow turn out that the COG either created them or more directly caused their issues. Game says the bad guy was really the Immulsion....left me wanting

While, I would be interested in how she became queen I don't think its a major deal in this story line. There was no way thought they could answer all of this within the game though. Some of its left to the immagination or places like Gearapedia (which I'll link for you to read somethings that will give you the answers you seek).
Spoiler Spoiler:

Gearspedia-Queen Myrrah

Gearspedia-New Hope Research Facility

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yea, that's what I got out of the game

Just finished it up on insane. There are several moments by yourself that will make you really feel like you earned it.

Back