The Official Gears Of War 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Forgot the spoiler tag for a minute there. :lol

Spoiler alert :slap

This is part of the reason I stayed out of here until I completed campaign. Even if it's an unintentional momentary case of "oops I forgot to use the spoiler function" :D

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Still waiting to get 3, but lovin reading all the info on it (spoilers an all :horror ). It's been a simple but enjoyable tale and one that has me actually wanting to pick up some backstories / books on it.

For Raam on insane level, I found you can get him stuck behind a barrier pretty easy with a couple of well placed frags and then pick him off with the torgue bow or Lancer.

Trying to be smart and trying out the chainsaw when he's 'stuck' results in severe head trauma I found :slap

I still haven't beaten Raam on the most difficult setting by myself :thud: Had to do it with a buddy. Basically blind fire was my friend, since Raam would turn me into mulch if I popped up even briefly. CPU controlled Dom was no help :lol...[/SPOILER]

Raam on Insane single-player took me SOOOOOOOOO long to do. :lol It was almost as bad as beating Mass Effect 2 on Insanity.

I had enough trouble with RAAM on the easiest mode, I doubt I have the balls to try to beat him on Insane difficulty. It's those stupid Kryll that made him so difficult.

Raam on Insane is easy once you know the secret! In the train car before Raam's, load up on Frags and the torque bow; wait for them to respawn and load up until everything is at max. Once you move onto Raam's car, keep to the right and move up to concrete barrier near the end of the first car and take cover; fire at Raam to get him to come to you. He should end up on the other side of the barrier from you with the curved end of the train car right behind him. toss a frag at the curved wall so that it bounces right behind Raam, wait for the Kryll to scatter, then blindfire with lancer into him... repeat with all frags and torque bow to scatter the Kryll until he his dead. I can usually do it on the first try these days. :wave

Raam on Insane is easy once you know the secret! In the train car before Raam's, load up on Frags and the torque bow; wait for them to respawn and load up until everything is at max. Once you move onto Raam's car, keep to the right and move up to concrete barrier near the end of the first car and take cover; fire at Raam to get him to come to you. He should end up on the other side of the barrier from you with the curved end of the train car right behind him. toss a frag at the curved wall so that it bounces right behind Raam, wait for the Kryll to scatter, then blindfire with lancer into him... repeat with all frags and torque bow to scatter the Kryll until he his dead. I can usually do it on the first try these days. :wave

Thanks for the tip grandpa, teach us how to fish next.:wave:wink1:

I edited that within 10 seconds , if someone else saw that I'd be very surprised. :rotfl
:lol :clap

Man if I read that without knowing I would have been :gah:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was thinking it might have been unintentional though :D

Hmmm, now that I've read this, it feels like I'm cheating :lol So I won't get the same satisfaction beating Raam now. Thanks for the tip. Didn't realise Raam would stay stationary if you did this. Raam usually creeps all the way up to me, then I blind fire an arrow to get rid of the Kryll, then blind fire him silly with the shotgun since he's right next to me. Then we'd play "ring a ring a rosy" around this one barrier, with me repeatedly doing the same thing :lol

Last edited:
Just finished the campaign. It was decent. Not as good as the first 2.

You're the third person to say this. Are you guys nuts? This one was better than the first two combined. I don't get it.:dunno Maybe some of you aren't that much into Gears.

You're the third person to say this. Are you guys nuts? This one was better than the first two combined. I don't get it.:dunno Maybe some of you aren't that much into Gears.

Love Gears. This just felt much weaker to me as a whole. I think it's a combination of a lot of things all adding up. The script wasn't very strong, the level design (with the exception of a few) felt like I had seen them all before, the set pieces were pretty boring (the underwater segment in particular felt like a Disney ride), the boss battles or lack thereof were way too easy (played on highest difficulty first playthrough and died 4 times = weak), the emotion that should have been there in key scenes was over and done too quickly, the overall scale of things when looking at what was going, what was at stake, and what was about to happen was way to drawn in. I still really enjoyed the game, but in comparison to the other 2 I feel like it went out with a sizzle instead of an explosion.

Love Gears. This just felt much weaker to me as a whole. I think it's a combination of a lot of things all adding up. The script wasn't very strong, the level design (with the exception of a few) felt like I had seen them all before, the set pieces were pretty boring (the underwater segment in particular felt like a Disney ride), the boss battles or lack thereof were way too easy (played on highest difficulty first playthrough and died 4 times = weak), the emotion that should have been there in key scenes was over and done too quickly, the overall scale of things when looking at what was going, what was at stake, and what was about to happen was way to drawn in. I still really enjoyed the game, but in comparison to the other 2 I feel like it went out with a sizzle instead of an explosion.

I agree with everything wofford said.

I have trouble understanding how most of you say the campaign is better than the first two.

I have to say from my POV you are 110% wrong on every aspect. The script was amazing. IMO there was plenty of tension, action, and emotion all throughout the story. The design of the game was amazing as well with the attention to detail among the best I've ever seen on the 360. Are you sure you didn't play on casual? Died 4 times and easy boss battles. I'm calling BS on both those. The emotion in this game got to me twice big time and inbetween those moments was about reflection of the 3 games. Oh and if you didn't like the script for this probably best not to read the books or comics. Same person wrote those and they're as awesome as the game. Like I said I think this is the difference between a casual gears fan and a hardcore gears fan.

Back