the OFFICIALLY sanctioned Spooktacular thread! All other threads bow before me!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winner of the KOTD is up, though the answer was wrong ...

Isuldur should read Isildur. :lol :monkey3

:monkey5

King Darkness said:
I that you have ALL the Kurganicons in your sig now!

Not sure I exactly understand that mish-mash of words means... but until the new banner is complete the Kurganicons are the place holder :lol

I won the KOTD statue from last night's contest!!!!! :chew

And I definitely did spell Isildur correctly; I triple-checked before entering.

It did pay off staying up until 2 am!!!

Thanks a superbunch Sideshow!

wampachow said:
I won the KOTD statue from last night's contest!!!!! :chew

And I definitely did spell Isildur correctly; I triple-checked before entering.

It did pay off staying up until 2 am!!!

Thanks a superbunch Sideshow!

Congrats! Glad a freak won it.

SS has since fixed their answer, we believe you Wampa, and grats on your win! :D :cool:

Any word on the runners-up in the scavenger hunt?! :confused:

twistedfreak said:
Spooktacular was SO AMAZING! :D

i hear ya!! i only wish they did things like this more than once per year...It was still awesome though!!! :rock

Nitro said:
i hear ya!! i only wish they did things like this more than once per year...It was still awesome though!!! :rock

Oh but they do, well not exactly like the Spook - but in year's past we have had Fantaculars, ToyFair and San Diego Comic Con to look forward to, all with their own respective giveaways and contests.

It makes for a fun ride! :chew

galactiboy said:
Not sure I exactly understand that mish-mash of words means... but until the new banner is complete the Kurganicons are the place holder :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Sorry, I left out like....

I like that you have ALL the Kurganicons in your sig now!

And whats this I hear about a new banner?!?!??!

LOTRFan said:
Oh but they do, well not exactly like the Spook - but in year's past we have had Fantaculars, ToyFair and San Diego Comic Con to look forward to, all with their own respective giveaways and contests.

It makes for a fun ride! :chew

Amen to that! Nothing compares to the ride! :D I am only on the beginning of my ride... Spook is my first event so far. I am looking forward to ToyFair, and Fantacular if they are held. I am also looking forward to San Diego Comic Con next year, I am hoping to go! :D

twistedfreak said:
Amen to that! Nothing compares to the ride! :D I am only on the beginning of my ride... Spook is my first event so far. I am looking forward to ToyFair, and Fantacular if they are held. I am also looking forward to San Diego Comic Con next year, I am hoping to go! :D

"You gotta be [there]" I went for the first time this year and was blown away. There is absolutly no way to prepare for it until you have been once. I would definately bring certain things I didn't and leave things I did take. Very fun place!

Buttmunch said:
"You gotta be [there]" I went for the first time this year and was blown away. There is absolutly no way to prepare for it until you have been once. I would definately bring certain things I didn't and leave things I did take. Very fun place!

Yeah, that's the line that was used in the videos. And I do believe it, I really do. I would say that my chances of going are pretty decent right now. I have an uncle who wants to go to it so that will be my way of getting there. It's awesome having family members who have some similar hobbies/interests. :D

Oh, do we get Gift Card with our freebies or did we have to buy something? I know the guys that bought Subject 5 during the Spook are getting some, but didn't know if free items would too. Woo Hoo if so, oh well if not.

twistedfreak said:
Yeah, that's the line that was used in the videos. And I do believe it, I really do. I would say that my chances of going are pretty decent right now. I have an uncle who wants to go to it so that will be my way of getting there. It's awesome having family members who have some similar hobbies/interests. :D

My Dad and Brother are very much like me. My mom isn't as interested in the same stuff, but she had a ball! That surprised us all. She mostly enjoyed the panels though, but I think anyone can find something they like at SDCC.

BTW, if possible go ALL the days from start to finish. Trust me the con seems way to short even than. That palace is HUGE and crowded!

BTW again, I was one of the people that say that on the videos (video two I think, I'm right after the orc guy with the fairy on his shoulder. Its very quick, but I'm there :D ).

Buttmunch said:
My Dad and Brother are very much like me. My mom isn't as interested in the same stuff, but she had a ball! That surprised us all. She mostly enjoyed the panels though, but I think anyone can find something they like at SDCC.

BTW, if possible go ALL the days from start to finish. Trust me the con seems way to short even than. That palace is HUGE and crowded!

BTW again, I was one of the people that say that on the videos (video two I think, I'm right after the orc guy with the fairy on his shoulder. Its very quick, but I'm there :D ).

That's cool that you have family that is into it as well. Yeah, I would go for the whole thing if I could. In the video, you're the guy with the black hair and blue shirt right after the ST dude, right? You say: "You gotta be here!".

SDCC is cool to go with a group of people. Last year 4 of us went. It gave us all freedom to do what we wanted to do, since usually 2 of us wanted to do something together for pretty much everything... But of course, you can meet lots of people too! I have one friend I met at SW Celebration. I always run into him at conventions. We never plan it, but it always happens...

Back