the OFFICIALLY sanctioned Spooktacular thread! All other threads bow before me!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collector Freak said:
I know. Even when you WIN something, you have to pay them to ship it. :rolleyes:

No kidding.. those darn people even made me pay for shipping for my 10,000 post Jedi prize pack... geesh... the nerve of them :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Collector Freak said:
No other contest I've ever entered required shipping. If one wins something, make it a true win!

:lol dude....$5 gift card is yours, that's like almost free shipping....

Collector Freak said:
Wait... What?
It's all in the rules regarding gift card use, and has been clarified by Dusty several times here in the forum. All of their gift cards are grouped by promotion (the golden card promotion, the LOTR DVD promotion, etc). Once you use a card from a given promotion, you may not use another card from that same promotion.

Collector Freak said:
No other contest I've ever entered required shipping. If one wins something, make it a true win!

Your right.. that $350 they GAVE me really isn't good enough.. I should have refused it since they didn't want to pay the $20 shipping. :rolleyes:

I used a gift card from the comicon recently and then tried to use one from a random one I recieved in the mail and it said i couldn't because they were from the same promotion.

why not have a different account. For instance...i have an account and my brother as well. I will use one gift card from comic con and he can use the other for his account. No biggie.

King Darkness, I have to thank you for the Freddypillar clues. The other tip in this thread threw me off, I was looking in the wrong place the whole time.
:clap

Anyone need any more hints to help them with scavenger hunt clues?

Oh, and computerfly, I answered your freddypillar contest question in the comments section below that entry on the spook page. Here you go:

"Computer Fly - The contest FORM is the exact same for every contest. It’s simply the Spooktacular 2006 form. The CODE is what differentiates the contests. The system lets each email address enter once PER CODE. The link for the form stays the same the entire time. You can also find the link to the form through the left navigation on this page (’Enter a Contest’). If anyone is REALLY worried that they are not entered in this contest, please send an email to [email protected] with your first and last name, and we can verify your entry really quick. But I’m sure it’s fine, there are over 120 correct entries with that code so far :)"

And to whoever asked, yes, the code is only FIND THE FREDDYPILLAR.

Last edited:
Hey Dusty... there was a heavy debate going on in the chat room about when the Freddypillar contest ended. Since it says... midnight on the 29th... lots were wondering if that meant last night or tonight.

Most seemed to think it was open until 11:59 tonight. I think that's correct. You may want to change that on the site... as some might think it closed as the clock struck 12:00 last night.

swabie2424 said:
Hey Dusty... there was a heavy debate going on in the chat room about when the Freddypillar contest ended. Since it says... midnight on the 29th... lots were wondering if that meant last night or tonight.

Most seemed to think it was open until 11:59 tonight. I think that's correct. You may want to change that on the site... as some might think it closed as the clock struck 12:00 last night.

I clarified in the comments for the contest, plus reposted the contest to the top further clarifying.

Here's my answer in the commments:

In Spooktacular time, Midnight means when the hour chimes 12:00 PM (midnight) on the night of the day in question. So 10/29 at Midnight (Pacific Time) means Sunday night when the clocks set to Pacific Time hit 12:00 (so yes, if you want to get really technical, we mean 11:59 on 10/29). Yes, I have decided that I really hate time.

(PS: I also hate Daylight Savings Time, WHY do we even NEED that?? :lol)

Very cool. Thanks for all that clarification. Spooktacular has fried many brains thus far! People start "out-thinking" themselves...

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

swabie2424 said:

That's what I'm thinking now. But yesterday I would've said it ended this morning.

SideshowDusty said:
I clarified in the comments for the contest, plus reposted the contest to the top further clarifying.

Here's my answer in the commments:

In Spooktacular time, Midnight means when the hour chimes 12:00 PM (midnight) on the night of the day in question. So 10/29 at Midnight (Pacific Time) means Sunday night when the clocks set to Pacific Time hit 12:00 (so yes, if you want to get really technical, we mean 11:59 on 10/29). Yes, I have decided that I really hate time.

(PS: I also hate Daylight Savings Time, WHY do we even NEED that?? :lol)

how was the party last night dusty?

What did you go as?

SideshowDusty said:
So, have I missed anything good? :p

since giving away free stuff is always anything good... and there hasnt been freebies recently, so yes you have missed giving out freebies. :rolleyes:

noelleon69 said:
since giving away free stuff is always anything good... and there hasnt been freebies recently, so yes you have missed giving out freebies. :rolleyes:

well come to think of it... giving hints is also considered anything good. are there more giftcard coupons out there? havnt heard of them for some time.

Back