The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if my gym remembers me. It has been about 6 days since going but I have not been idle. I worked on the attic all weekend and was lifting 4x8s up to deck it. I did it all my self so it was hard work.

Push ups are a ^^^^^!!! :( I use to be able to do 30 no problem.. Now I can barely do 5 without injury. maybe I should stick to weights.

Prepared for battle today, 10 egg whites, 2 cups of oats, 1/2 cup of blueberries, half a pound of ground turkey, 3 cups of broccoli, 1 cup of almonds and 4oz steak to do the deed at the lifting metal place. :rock

Did some push ups yesterday, I would super set them with regular flat bench at a couple plates 225lbs and then straight to the dumbbell over head two arm press for roundness with a 90lb dumbbell and blasted it out with push ups to failure. I was on my chest on the ground which I couldn't push up any further and had to roll off :lol (3 sets circuit)

304_person_lifting_dumbbell_weights.gif

Last edited:
Got back on the horse big time today after the holiday weekend (did get in some garage workouts the last couple of days). Did 40 minutes on the Medium Intensity program on the treadmill and just got in from "Tai Combo" and "Express Sculpt" classes back to back. Time to eat and rest.

This is an excellent thread.

I just hit my goal of using the 120lb dumbells (gym doesn't go higher than that) on flat bench press a couple weeks ago. Needed help on first press then got 2 solid. Yesterday got a set of 4 and set of 3 all myself.

Also got 115lb dumbbells on the incline press. Needed lots of help on first press then got 3.

Now if only I could gain some more weight. Been stuck at 185-190lbs for a couple months now. Would like to be a solid 200lbs

Congrtas Bonedaddy77!!! :rock

I'm thinking about getting a Powerblock for home use, but am unsure about how much weight I should get.

(I have enough dumbells to make 2 25lbers... maybe I should just buy a seperate 30lb 40lb 45lb. and just move up if I ever get that far.)

any advice?

Last edited:
Also... I just read a Time Magazine article that boldly stated exercise really doesn’t have anything to do with actual weight loss and food is exponentially more effective. https://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1914857,00.html

It basicly says exercise is to stay fit and healthy.. but what you eat is what loses weight. Interesting.

I haven't read the article, but that seems to lack common sense. I know there's the old saying, "Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym", but it seems kind of obvious that the more you exercise, the more weight you'll lose. Diet is extremely important, but the trick is now and always has been, burn more calories in a day than you consume. If you exercise, that allows you to burn more calories. Obviously the person who eats more sensibly & exercises will lose weight more quickly than the person who exercises and eats fast food, but both will lose weight if they burn more calories than they consume. :confused:

I hate when my friends say they are going on a "diet." While I'm in no means a super model or a gym rat, but I've always thought that was retarded. I always stuck to the fact that you just need to eat in moderation. Two years ago when I was going to Jiu Jitsu on a regular basis I lost 5pounds in just over a week by not drinking anything but water and OJ.

My friend's GF is constantly trying the latest diet that everyone talks about--yet never exercising or thinking about joining a gym. Meanwhile we go out to watch the game she drinks 4 beers, nachos, and hot wings....And complains about how she can't lose weight!!!??? I called her on it once and she said "This is my forgiveness day, I can eat whatever I like." I told her I'm sure that they didn't mean you should eat everything you can...how about eating in moderation?? Does this frustrate anyone else but me??

Welcome to my world, only everyone wants to know how to diet and what I eat... :lol

It's almost not worth it to go into depth unless the person is super serious.

It's just meant to be for some ppl. They enjoy eating WAY too much.

"Eat to live, NOT live to eat..."

Congrtas Bonedaddy77!!! :rock

I'm thinking about getting a Powerblock for home use, but am unsure about how much weight I should get.

(I have enough dumbells to make 2 25lbers... maybe I should just buy a seperate 30lb 40lb 45lb. and just move up if I ever get that far.

any advice?

I bought the 90lb(90 each DB) set this march. I LOVE THEM! Plan on upgrading to the 130lb set, probably this winter or so.
IMO men should probably start with the 90lb version, even if you can't lift it all you will be over the 50's(starting version) at least for bench soon. (but then again you can always upgrade them so it don't matter.)

Took Some superpump 250 and it's shoulders tris tonight!

Just finished with leg day today... phew I'm gonna sleep well tonight.

1) Leg extension 70lbs 5 sets of 20 reps

2) Leg press, total of 14 plates on the sled, did a low volume for power
a) 4 plates X 20
b) 6 plates X 15
c) 8 plates X 12
d) 10 plates X 10
e) 12 plates X 8
f) 14 plates X 6

3) Hack Squat
a) 4 plates X 20
b) 8 plates X 15
c) 10 plates X 10

4) Smith Squats
a) 135lbs X 20
b) 225lbs X 15
c) 275lbs X 10
d) 315lbs X 10
e) 365lbs X 10
f) 405lbs, X 8

Calf Raise sitting 4, 5, 6, 6.5 plates for reps of 10

Standing Calf Raise (machine) max stack at 290lbs plus setting weights that increment by 5 (another 15lbs)

Finish with HIIT for 20 minutes, sprinted at 10 seconds intervals with 10.5 speed and jogged on off minute with 5.0

Just finished with leg day today... phew I'm gonna sleep well tonight.

1) Leg extension 70lbs 5 sets of 20 reps

2) Leg press, total of 14 plates on the sled, did a low volume for power
a) 4 plates X 20
b) 6 plates X 15
c) 8 plates X 12
d) 10 plates X 10
e) 12 plates X 8
f) 14 plates X 6

3) Hack Squat
a) 4 plates X 20
b) 8 plates X 15
c) 10 plates X 10

4) Smith Squats
a) 135lbs X 20
b) 225lbs X 15
c) 275lbs X 10
d) 315lbs X 10
e) 365lbs X 10
f) 405lbs, X 8

Calf Raise sitting 4, 5, 6, 6.5 plates for reps of 10

Standing Calf Raise (machine) max stack at 290lbs plus setting weights that increment by 5 (another 15lbs)

Finish with HIIT for 20 minutes, sprinted at 10 seconds intervals with 10.5 speed and jogged on off minute with 5.0

After reading that, all i can think of is this guy...lol!
beast.jpg

I hate when my friends say they are going on a "diet." While I'm in no means a super model or a gym rat, but I've always thought that was retarded. I always stuck to the fact that you just need to eat in moderation. Two years ago when I was going to Jiu Jitsu on a regular basis I lost 5pounds in just over a week by not drinking anything but water and OJ.

My friend's GF is constantly trying the latest diet that everyone talks about--yet never exercising or thinking about joining a gym. Meanwhile we go out to watch the game she drinks 4 beers, nachos, and hot wings....And complains about how she can't lose weight!!!??? I called her on it once and she said "This is my forgiveness day, I can eat whatever I like." I told her I'm sure that they didn't mean you should eat everything you can...how about eating in moderation?? Does this frustrate anyone else but me??

My ex was the exact same way. She constantly complained about her weight, but never did anything about it. I do have to thank her though, as she's the one who inadvertantly started me on my exercise routine.

One day, she decided to buy a treadmill. She never used it, but I did. (I'm one of those people that hates having something or spending money on something and not using it.) Then, she thought "we" should join a gym, so we did. I was the only one who went. She thought we should eat better, but I was the only one who stuck to it. I continued to do research and add routines and exercises to my regimine and she continued to do nothing, but complain. I always told her she was beautiful to me no matter what, but that didn't stop her from complaining or always trying to bring me down with her when she would cave and eat fast food and what not. In the end, I guess that's part of the reason she's now my ex. (A very small part, mind you.)

So you are only talking about dumbbell workouts correct? Just didn't know if you had any other means, such as barbell, machines, etc...

Still almost every exercise can be done with the use of only dumbbells, it's just that you can't go as heavy on the movements because lets face it with dumbbells it's pretty much got you locked into you only pressing the weight, not leaning on the machine or pushing your back against the bench for more momentum.

That being sad, I would say the best workouts besides the obvious bench press, curls, shoulder presses, etc... is working legs and back with the dumbbells like DA was saying. Squat with the dumbbells in hand, do stand deadlifts with the dumbbells at the side in each hand, standing walking lunges.

Those areas are complete body movements and will work the conditioning as well. You should feel your heart race in the movements of lunges, squats and deadlifts, especially while doing them with little rest between sets. I know it's rough with those big movements but believe me it's a massive adrenalin rush whenever you are able to move like that with weight and move through pushing the weight that quickly. You do feel like you could push about anything around and the high after the workout is the best!!! There's a lot more advance exercises and heck maybe doing these exercises with dumbbells might be too advance right now, try with no weight and feel it out get the form squared away because that is the foundation of moving weight correctly, it's hard to break someone of bad form even with the person standing right next to them watching because their body is so use to using something else that they are not training in order to push/pull the weight.

Shoulders and tri's tonight fellas! :chew My fav :banana

Sorry for the slow reply man - all that info is great thanks!

Yeah I've only got dumbbells right now, although I might invest in barbells at some point.

From what I've read, in this thread and on the net, it's best to work say one day a week on a certain group, like arms or chest and back? You need to give the body time to recuperate inbetween workouts don't you?

Sorry for the slow reply man - all that info is great thanks!

Yeah I've only got dumbbells right now, although I might invest in barbells at some point.

From what I've read, in this thread and on the net, it's best to work say one day a week on a certain group, like arms or chest and back? You need to give the body time to recuperate inbetween workouts don't you?

Yes I worked a body part a week, unless I've been in there more so then I just start my routine all over again but for the most part I've torched each muscle group so badly that I might need split in the middle of the week and maybe a day on the weekend. There are sometimes where I can keep on going and I do because I want that much more results but always throw caution in there and listen to the body.

Also I'm definitely not a beginner and I've had workout partners that say they are not beginners and try to run the course with me. More than usually they need the split or a 2 day break between are heavy days or big muscle groups. I really believe in condition versus lifting massive weights but if I can do both then I'm in heaven and that's mainly the way I've trained.

Very little rest between deads and squats will definitely put hair on your chest and weed out the pretenders versus the serious. With a strong heart you very well feel like you could accomplish anything and most of this is mental anyways...

:lol Shoulders and tri's again, only it's this weeks run :rock

"I really believe in condition versus lifting massive weights "

Is that more reps then few reps with heavier weight?

"I really believe in condition versus lifting massive weights "

Is that more reps then few reps with heavier weight?

It could be either one actually, the less rest between sets will improve conditioning. More reps doesn't actually mean you are increasing the heart rate at any rate.

It's more of the strain that your body is at IMO. If your not bleeding sweat from the top of your head then it's not hard enough :lol (yes I know some ppl don't sweat or those that have the cell phone on the other hand while curling the dumbbell)

ok.. I wasn't sure. But that's true.. why work out if you're not straining.

People actually talk on the phone while at the gym? :lol

Back