The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good pics Maul, I'm sure that 40 will be off before you know it.

If i can continue a pace of 2lbs a week or more, it should take 20 weeks, which puts me right about 1 year from when I started the journey. When I began, I wanted to lose 60lbs in about 6 months, now I'm just so happy with it all I'm ok with it taking a year and looking to lost 90lbs in total.

Well done for posting MF. Not many would have the guts to do that. Not knowing what you looked like pre exercise i'm only guessing you've made massive inroads.

As much as it took some bravery to post those, I kinda now wish I'd taken earlier pictures and just never posted them until after I had progress ones like that, the before was just outright disgusting in my eyes.

As much as it took some bravery to post those, I kinda now wish I'd taken earlier pictures and just never posted them until after I had progress ones like that, the before was just outright disgusting in my eyes.

I never had the guts to take before pics because I didn't want them around in case I failed. I know people say that doing that helps with motivation, but I never wanted to take the chance. Like the rest of you, I wish I had now.

I never had the guts to take before pics because I didn't want them around in case I failed. I know people say that doing that helps with motivation, but I never wanted to take the chance. Like the rest of you, I wish I had now.

As bad as I thought things were before, I feel worse towards them now that I've seen how much better it could be. What sickens me more is how much I thought I was OK before.

As bad as I thought things were before, I feel worse towards them now that I've seen how much better it could be. What sickens me more is how much I thought I was OK before.

I agree. You think you look good until you see it in your face. :(

Funny thing is, when I was like mid to late 20's I used to beat myself up about the way I looked, now I would kill to look like I did then. :(

Keep with it JJJ85... attitude is important as well. It's difficuly but the more you work at it the more your feel better about yourself.. the harder you work at it the.. etc etc etc.

Everyone here is doing a good job.

I finally managed a workout day yesterday... glad I did too.. I needed it. I'm still on 190 lbs, so thankfully my bad habits these past 2 weeks haven't ruined everything I have worked for.

Keep with it JJJ85... attitude is important as well. It's difficuly but the more you work at it the more your feel better about yourself.. the harder you work at it the.. etc etc etc.

Everyone here is doing a good job.

thanks c4

I'm trying. I need to stick with it more ritualistically. I had swayed and been trying to get back and track.

It does feel good.

Alright guys.

I've gotten out of using my dumbbells this year, and really wanna get back into it. I had some sort of routine going last summer, which did start to make me feel better, but I'm not sure how truly effective I was being.

So I was wondering if any of you guys had any routines that make the best use of dumbbells, working as much of the body as possible? Theres loads on the internet I know, but its hard to tell whether they're aimed at beginners or seasoned weight lifters.

thanks!

... enter Skiman! ;)

the only thing I can add is work it in groups just like you would at a gym with more equipment. With Dumbells form is everything.

Well, you can do dumbbell squats and lunges for legs. Also use a piece of wood to do calf raises. You can do arms and chest with them, various curls/presses/flys. You can do shoulder raises, to hit all angles of the deltoids. For back you can do bent over rows, and I am sure other exercises for the back.

So yeah, you can use DB's for everything save for abs.... and even those you could work some kind of system out to use them if you wanted to.

Alright guys.

I've gotten out of using my dumbbells this year, and really wanna get back into it. I had some sort of routine going last summer, which did start to make me feel better, but I'm not sure how truly effective I was being.

So I was wondering if any of you guys had any routines that make the best use of dumbbells, working as much of the body as possible? Theres loads on the internet I know, but its hard to tell whether they're aimed at beginners or seasoned weight lifters.

thanks!

So you are only talking about dumbbell workouts correct? Just didn't know if you had any other means, such as barbell, machines, etc...

Still almost every exercise can be done with the use of only dumbbells, it's just that you can't go as heavy on the movements because lets face it with dumbbells it's pretty much got you locked into you only pressing the weight, not leaning on the machine or pushing your back against the bench for more momentum.

That being sad, I would say the best workouts besides the obvious bench press, curls, shoulder presses, etc... is working legs and back with the dumbbells like DA was saying. Squat with the dumbbells in hand, do stand deadlifts with the dumbbells at the side in each hand, standing walking lunges.

Those areas are complete body movements and will work the conditioning as well. You should feel your heart race in the movements of lunges, squats and deadlifts, especially while doing them with little rest between sets. I know it's rough with those big movements but believe me it's a massive adrenalin rush whenever you are able to move like that with weight and move through pushing the weight that quickly. You do feel like you could push about anything around and the high after the workout is the best!!! There's a lot more advance exercises and heck maybe doing these exercises with dumbbells might be too advance right now, try with no weight and feel it out get the form squared away because that is the foundation of moving weight correctly, it's hard to break someone of bad form even with the person standing right next to them watching because their body is so use to using something else that they are not training in order to push/pull the weight.

Shoulders and tri's tonight fellas! :chew My fav :banana

I have gotten into mixing it up. Dumbells, barbells, cables, hammer machines, nautilus and at home, bands. It's good mix.

I have gotten into mixing it up. Dumbells, barbells, cables, hammer machines, nautilus and at home, bands. It's good mix.

Only way to do it bro, can't let the body get comfortable it's in environment otherwise we can't make progress.

jimmyjones this shoulder/tri's workout is for u!!!! Peace *puts on headphones*

Feeling it this morning. Monday night was HIIT "Boot Camp" after doing biceps earlier in the day at the work gym. Cardio only on Tuesday and yesterday was chest & tri's during the day with "Step & Weights" class last night.

... time for breakfast.

It has been hard this week as I am not able to make it to the gym at all. I will be back there this weekend and will be decking the attic so I will be working hard to make up for it.

Only way to do it bro, can't let the body get comfortable it's in environment otherwise we can't make progress.

jimmyjones this shoulder/tri's workout is for u!!!! Peace *puts on headphones*

HAHA ! !!! :rock

Ok, so what are good splits ?

I tend to do:

• chest/tri
  • Back/bi's
  • shoulder/legs

man.. Monday I did chest/back .. my arm was killing me, thought I straind it because I couldn't bend it to touch my shoulder. Cardio was Tuesday. by Wed, my arm was still sore, but was being worked out and I could touch my shoulder.. so I decided to go ahead and lightly do arms (which turned out going all out.. I guess I was motivated ;) ) woke up at 3am and couldn't bend it at all. I took a hot shower and now can bend it, but can't touch my shoulder again. :( hurts like a ^^^^^!

How long should I postpone workouts? I'm ticked.. I feel great.. nice and sore all over.. my gut is tightening (been dieting healthy). My Whey is on the way. man I'm bumbed.

Back