The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what does all that stuff do>?

BCAA's EXTEND

Xtend is a precise, scientific blend of Energy Aminos consisting of the proven 2:1:1 ratio of Branched Chain Amino Acids (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine), Glutamine, Citrulline Malate, and Vitamin B6 that will give you the energy you need to maximize your training while enhancing recovery at the same time. The advanced components in Xtend have been scientifically proven to help speed recovery and enhance ATP production and promote cell volumization. Avoid fatigue by blocking entry of fatigue-inducing tryptophan into the brain. Increase protein synthesis, immune function and digestive health. Promote vasodilation which can lead to better assimilation and absorption of protein. Elevate growth hormone levels. Sounds good!

Bodybuilding.com Xtend Product Guide
Click The Play Button To Start The Video.

Variety Pack (5/30 Serving Containers) Contains:

* 30 Serving Refreshing Apple
* 30 Serving Refreshing Grape
* 30 Serving Refreshing Lemonade
* 30 Serving Refreshing Watermelon
* 30 Serving Refreshing Orange

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

If I already eat a lot of protein, will additional free-form BCAA be beneficial to me?

The metabolic effects seen from ingesting free-form amino acids are different from ingesting the same amino acids when they are in a whole protein (peptide bond). The rapid flushing of the system with the particular amino acid exerts a much more powerful activation of its target pathways. For example, if you were to ingest 5 grams of free-form arginine pre-workout you would notice a greater pump then without it. If you were to ingest 5 grams of arginine in the form of a whole protein (1) you'd have to eat a ton of protein to acquire the 5 grams of arginine and (2) the rate of delivery would be much slower and (3) you would not be flooding your system with a large dose of arginine at one time. The same holds true for BCAA. Ingesting 10 grams of BCAA will lead to greater activation of mTOR, PI3K, etc.* than ingesting 10 grams of BCAA from a whole protein.

What if I already take in a lot of whey protein which is high in BCAA?

Free-form amino acids are absorbed quicker than whey, and as stated above, whey will not flood your bloodstream with BCAA as quick as ingesting free-form BCAA. The BCAA from whey compared to free-form BCAA could be compared to filling up a glass of water from a garden hose (whey) to a faucet (free-form BCAA). If you use a garden hose you have to wait until the water travels the length of the hose before you can use it. With a faucet, the water is right there when you turn it on. On top of this, the faucet has a wider opening than the garden hose and releases more water than the garden hose. During your workout and times of stress (dieting), you want the BCAA to get to your muscles as quickly as possible.

Can women take Xtend?

Yes. Xtend is very effective for both men and women.

Can I stack Xtend with VasoCharge?

Yes. We highly recommend taking 2 scoops of VasoCharge + 2 scoops of Xtend pre-workout and then sipping on 4-8 scoops of Xtend during your workout.

What Other Supplements Can I Combine with Xtend for Enhanced Results?

The Mammalian Target of Rapamycin (mTOR) is one of the body's protein synthesis regulators. mTOR functions as an energy sensor; it is activated when ATP levels are high and blocked when ATP levels are decreased (AMPK is activated when ATP decreases, which works antagonistically to mTOR).

The main energy-consuming process in the cell is protein synthesis. When mTOR is activated (high ATP levels sensed) protein synthesis is increased and when mTOR is suppressed (low ATP levels are sensed) protein synthesis is blunted.

MTOR activation is vital for skeletal muscle hypertrophy. Interestingly, mTOR is also a nutrient sensor of amino acid availability, specifically of leucine availability. Research has shown that regulation of mTOR by ATP and amino acids act independently through separate mechanisms (Dennis et al., 2001).

It is my belief that combining supplements that increase/elevate ATP levels with BCAA will lead to an increased activation of mTOR, and therefore protein synthesis. Our goal is to keep ATP levels elevated while working out. To do so, we must supply the needed nutrients and substrates before and after the workout to keep ATP levels elevated and our bodies primed for growth.

Creatine

Creatine is used in the high-energy phosphate or ATP-PCr system to regenerate ATP. ATP, the body's main source of energy, is a molecule of adenosine (adenine + the sugar ribose) linked to three phosphate molecules by high-energy bonds. Breaking of the two outer bonds results in the release of energy.

When the most outer bond is broken, the energy is released and ADP and Pi are left behind. Creatine, which is bonded to a phosphate ion, transfers energy to the ADP and Pi molecule by breaking its own bond. This regenerates the ATP molecule, which means one now has more energy to use.

Skeletal muscle has a limited storage of creatine. Therefore supplementing with creatine increases your ability to form ATP and therefore increases the available energy for exercise (Casey et al. 1996 & 2000). More importantly to our topic on hand, by keeping ATP levels by supplementing with creatine we increase protein synthesis through mTOR activation. Creatine also has many other beneficial effects that are to numerous to address here.

Nitric Oxide (NO) product (Arginine, DiArginine-Malate, AAKG, etc)

The rate-limiting step of amino acid uptake into skeletal muscle is the transportation of the amino acids through the blood to the skeletal muscle, which is governed by blood flow (Wolfe, 2004). NO vasodilates blood vessels, thereby increasing blood flow. This increase when combined with exercises means greater blood flow and greater amino acid deliver and uptake in the working skeletal muscle. Exercise itself results in an increase in NO production, and the increased blood flow created by exercise is believed to be linked to the increase in protein synthesis post workout (Douglas et al., 2004). Xtend already has Citrulline-Malate in it, which will increase NO production, but an additional serving of arginine (i.e. 5 grams) preworkout should further enhance NO production, blood flow, and amino acid uptake.

Want to learn more about Scivation Xtend? Check out the Scientific Information about how and why Xtend works.

L-Glutamine

Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body, comprising more than 60% of the free amino acid pool in skeletal muscle and greater than 20% of total circulating amino acids. Supplemental L-Glutamine may help reduce muscle soreness and rebuild muscle tissue.*

Animal Pak Multi-Vitamins

New Animal Pak Formula as of August 2009!!!
2009 Supplement Award Winner!
Multivitamin
Of The Year
2005-2009

The #1 selling training pak in the world for twenty three years straight. Since 1984, more competitive bodybuilders have cut their teeth on the Animal Pak than any other bodybuilding supplement in history. Why? Simple. Animal Pak gets the job done. It works. First time. Last time. Every time.

Nature, in all her ingenuity, has designed the human body as the ultimate performance machine. Fact is, since the dawn of mankind, our bodies have changed very little. When it comes to feeding our muscles, we still need the nutrients we get from our diets. But when it comes time to grow our muscles in a freakish way, we need the right combination and mega-doses of essential amino acids, carbs, vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids (EFAs). Only Animal Pak has what you need. You're the kind of primal beast who trains with Animal intensity. You need plenty of the above, plus that little something extra only Animal Pak provides. That's why we've also loaded the Animal Pak with performance optimizers such as PAK, IGF colostrum, nucleotides, lipotropics, L-arginine, Protogen A, eleuthero, and the like. In every pak, you're blasted with a dizzying array of over 55 key ingredients which are delivered in the right amounts at the right time, every time.
Bodybuilding.com Animal Pak Product Guide

Each of the 11 tablets included in each pak has been specifically formulated to deliver the goods. By taking the Animal Pak, you prevent the formation of nutritional gaps. Why should you care? The greater your training intensity, the faster and larger these gaps grow over time. When this happens you eventually hit a plateau. You stop growing. Maybe you've already hit this wall. To make matters worse, if you take other supplements, these same gaps begin to render those expensive supplements useless. Many of today's supplements rely on enzymes and other substances in your body to activate them. Nutrititional gaps mean these key activators may not function at all, so you may be wasting all of your hard-earned money on supplements that won't or can't work.

Consider the Animal Pak as the cast iron skillet of your supplement program, your body's first line of defense. If you train with weights, then you absolutely need to train with the Animal Pak. Remember, while most supplements have come and gone, precious few have stood the test of time. When you're ready for the best, step up to the most trusted name in serious bodybuilding nutrition: Animal Pak.

MCT Oil

Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT's) are fats that are naturally found in coconut and palm kernel oil. MCT's are more easily and rapidly digested than other types of fats, as they require lower amounts of enzymes and bile acids for intestinal absorption. MCT's are metabolized very quickly in the liver and are reported to encourage an increase in energy expenditure, while decreasing fat storage. Numerous studies suggest that substituting MCT Oil for other fats in a healthy diet may therefore help to support healthy weight and body composition.

MCT Oil Highlights

* 100% Pure
* Weight Management
* Thermogenic
* Spares Lean Body Tissue
* Vegetarian Product

L-Arginine

L-Arginine is a popular amino acid for its amazing nitrogen retention ability. Nitrogen as you are all aware is one of the key elements in muscle protein synthesis. Some plants can absorb nitrogen, but we mammals have to make do with the stuff we make ourselves. Arginine is mostly present in protanines and histones, two proteins commonly associated with nucleic acids (like DNA and RNA). So far its main use was for newborns to excite new growth, because at a young age it's difficult to manufacture enough. It enhances the immune system, stimulates the size and activity of the Thymus gland (responsible for the fames T-cells) which makes it a prime choice for anyone in a condition that is less than optimal for health.

* 100% Pure - Free-Form
* Pharmaceutical Grade (USP)
* Vegetarian Product

Whey Protein

Optimum Performance Stack With FREE Bottle of Opti-Men OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE STACK!
Reach your goals even faster with Optimum Performance Stack! For a limited time get the Performance stack and receive a FREE bottle of Opti-Men!

Optimum 100% Whey Cake Batter
2009 Supplement Award Winner! 2009 Supplement Award Winner!
Overall
Supplement
Of The Year
2009 Protein Powder
Of The Year

Optimum 100% Whey Protein won the Supplement Of The Year and Protein Powder Of The Year award for 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008! Since the very beginning, Optimum Nutrition has raised the standard by which all other whey protein supplements are judged. Now we're raising the bar again with the 3rd generation of ON 100% Whey Protein: ON 100% Whey Gold Standard.

Like its predecessors, this canister of ON 100% Whey Gold Standard contains Optimum Nutrition's exclusive, proprietary blend of...

* Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolates
* Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolates
* Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate
* HydroWhey Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides

Bodybuilding.com Optimum 100% Whey Product Guide

To give you more of what you want (pure, unadulterated whey protein) with less of what you don't (fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, lactose, and other carbohydrates) with every serving. This whey protein supplement is no exception. In fact, ON 100% Whey Gold Standard is better than ever! Here's why:

1. ON 100% Whey Gold Standard provides more whey protein isolates (WPI) - the purest and most expensive source of whey protein available.

2. Higher protein percentage. ON's 100% Whey Gold Standard has always been a leader in this respect. Now with 24 grams of protein in just slightly over one-ounce serving, it's nearly 79% protein by weight!

3. We've included more HydroWhey strategically hydrolyzed, low molecular weight whey peptides to make ON's 100% Whey Gold Standard even faster acting!

4. ON's 100% Whey Gold Standard now contains lactase and Aminogen digestive enzymes to further enhance absorption and make this product even more friendly to lactose intolerant individuals.

5. ON's 100% Whey Gold Standard is instantized to mix easily and completely with just a few twirls of a spoon.

6. Every serving supplies even more low, moderate, and high molecular weight, biologically active whey protein microfractions including Alpha-lactalbumin, Glycomacropeptides, Beta-lactoglobulin, Immunoglobulin G (IgG), Lactoferrin, lactoperoxidase, and various growth factors.

7. Over 4 grams of glutamine and glutamine precursors as well as 5 grams of BCAAs (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) in each scoop!

Download the Complete Guide To Protein

Download "The Complete
Guide To Protein"

16 Packet Flavors Include:

* Banana Cream
* Caramel Toffee Fudge
* Chocolate Malt
* Chocolate Mint
* Cookies & Cream
* Delicious Strawberry
* Double Rich Chocolate
* Extreme Milk Chocolate
* French Vanilla Creme
* Mocha Cappuccino
* Orange Cream
* Rocky Road
* Root Beer Float
* Strawberry Banana
* Tropical Punch
* Vanilla Ice Cream

Whey is the waste product of making cheese. Animal product issue aside, I think there has got to be a better protein supplement than that made from a waste product. What is your experience with hemp protein?

Whey is the waste product of making cheese. Animal product issue aside, I think there has got to be a better protein supplement than that made from a waste product. What is your experience with hemp protein?

Well even though that is tru, it's the fastest aborption of protein on the market, I heard of hemp protein and it's suppose to be the organic all natural version and supplementing fiber into the diet but I'm only a one shake per day sort of person and I like to get most of my diet to natural foods. So fiber usually comes from most of my veggies including broccoli or if life and work is traveling too fast then I go more to Flaxseed oil for fiber/digestive supp to even out my balance meal of Protein/Carbs and Fats.

So what does it set you back Ski? How long will it last you?

Eh I would say that depending on the amount maybe around $200-$300 and that's for a few months time, the protein is like a 5lbs tub so that's a few months. The Extend BCAA's (2.2lbs container) is what I run out of mostly just because I drink it daily throughout each day in my gallon jugs of water here at work and at the gym.

Great write ups Ski

Question, Im a seasoned gym goer, always looking to mix it up, should I get back on some creatine?? Ive done it before alwasys feeling stronger, but I used to get bloated and carry water instead of leaning down. Have they corrected this?

Thanks

When you take creatine you gotta drink massive amounts of water or you will get bloated and or sick. (you're supposed to get bloated when you take creatine lol, not "lean down" it shuttles water into your muscle and your weight will go up.) If you don't lift weight hard, don't take creatine. (beta alanine is a good alternative to creatine some people think) either that or a lot of lean red meat!! (good amounts of creatine in red meat)

(btw ON oats and whey buy 2 get 1 free at bb.com)

Last edited:
When you take creatine you gotta drink massive amounts of water or you will get bloated and or sick. (you're supposed to get bloated when you take creatine lol, not "lean down" it shuttles water into your muscle and your weight will go up.) If you don't lift weight hard, don't take creatine. (beta alanine is a good alternative to creatine some people think) either that or a lot of lean red meat!! (good amounts of creatine in red meat)

(btw ON oats and whey buy 2 get 1 free at bb.com)

Does the same go for protein?

Great write ups Ski

Question, Im a seasoned gym goer, always looking to mix it up, should I get back on some creatine?? Ive done it before alwasys feeling stronger, but I used to get bloated and carry water instead of leaning down. Have they corrected this?

Thanks

They also say that Micronized and Kre-Alkalyn helps with less water retention, I haven't had much or any at all with Micronized monohydrate.

Back