The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a horrible diet this past week, the Wife bad influenced me to death. :lol

But I still hit the weights hard, so thankfully no gain... but no loss either. This week I had to take a day for a class assignment, but I'm hitting it hard anyway. I really need to get more SP250, I need the boost. My workouts are a lot more tame without it. Still fast, but not as intense as I want them to be.

How good are dumbbell shrugs for neck strength? This is one exercise i am not doing currently.

I work them into my routine every now and again. They're not bad. Everything helps from the perspective that it's good to change up the exercises you use for different muscle groups. Much like cardio, your body can become used to weight exercises if you do the same ones repetitively. Variety is key to waking them up.

Shrugs are all in the contractions, I love dudes that grab a bar load on three plates and pull up ad down as fast as possible

Shrugs are all in the contractions, I love dudes that grab a bar load on three plates and pull up ad down as fast as possible

YUP WITH THE BAR I JUST THROW ON 1 35LBS ON EACH SIDE
plus i havent done traps in a month since i am doing the p90x workout

There's ppl that can control 3-5 plates on the Olympic style bars and shrug into the 100's on dumbbells and there's ppl that don't even belong touching that weight. The only way of knowing is by the results on their traps. If you are able to lift and squeeze and hold that half a second and then slowing release down, then u are controlling and doing the exercise properly.

I do hate watching ppl dropping the weight automatically once the positive lift of the exercise is complete. You have the whole negative part of the exercise that is wasted motion whenever the weight is just dropped.

My hands give out on shrugs before anything else as well.

Is there anything we can do for that ? I get this on certain exercises and don't know what to do. I have seen some people use straps. Does this help >

I may have to look at that. I hate when I feel my hands give.

have you tried that P90x that Lam mentioned ?

Yeah, that pisses me off as well. I get to set 4 and my hands are dying on me... I start feeling the weight slipping and putting too much pressure on the side of my wrist, it hurts like Hell and is equally as annoying. :lol

Back