Action Figure The Steel Brigade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Steel Brigade Re-Enlistment (FINAL 5...er 7! New Details #459)

Just wanted to take a sec and thank all you guys from the first batch to the final one for being a part of it. I know it took a while for most you to get your helmet and I appreciate you sticking it out and putting up w/ the delays. It really is a blast seeing what you've all come up with in terms of making your trooper your's, and to be honest I think that's why I kept revisiting the project over and over. You guys all made it worth while. Yo Joe! :)

A big thanks to you, for making these killer troopers possible. No doubt about it, this is THE BEST 1:6 custom GI JOE ARAH head ever produced.

Just wanted to take a sec and thank all you guys from the first batch to the final one for being a part of it. I know it took a while for most you to get your helmet and I appreciate you sticking it out and putting up w/ the delays. It really is a blast seeing what you've all come up with in terms of making your trooper your's, and to be honest I think that's why I kept revisiting the project over and over. You guys all made it worth while. Yo Joe! :)

Thanks for giving us back high-end versions of our childhood. :bow

And in my case, righting Hasbro's wrong. :yess: :lol

Yes, big thanks to you Mando! I appreciate the work put in and am glad to be a part of it.

Re: Steel Brigade Re-Enlistment (FINAL 5...er 7! New Details #459)

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

A huge thanks to you for this project Mando!
:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow
If it wasn't for the Steel Brigade, I wouldn't have known the fun and obsession of kit bashing, which has now spread to my other Joe and Cobra figures.

If you ever resurrect the SB, I'll be first in line for another head!

My SB head is on its way so i cant realy say anything but from what i have seen (pic and all the good things every one is saying) i know u put 100% into this project and it shows, I"m very happy to be part of this and if u ever start a project like this u could count me in.thanks one more time.:1-1:

--

This entire endeavor COULD NOT have been MADE POSSIBLE without you . . . period.

I can honestly say that the 1:6 STEEL BRIGADE is one of the best . . . IF NOT . . . THE BEST 1:6 custom GI JOE ARAH head ever produced.

A big thanks to you, for making these killer troopers possible. No doubt about it, this is THE BEST 1:6 custom GI JOE ARAH head ever produced.

Thanks for giving us back high-end versions of our childhood. :bow

And in my case, righting Hasbro's wrong. :yess:

Thanks to you Mando! For me thus turned into a chance to get my son into the hobby. Forever grateful to you friend.

Yes, big thanks to you Mando! I appreciate the work put in and am glad to be a part of it.

A huge thanks to you for this project Mando!

If it wasn't for the Steel Brigade, I wouldn't have known the fun and obsession of kit bashing, which has now spread to my other Joe and Cobra figures.

If you ever resurrect the SB, I'll be first in line for another head!

My SB head is on its way so i cant realy say anything but from what i have seen (pic and all the good things every one is saying) i know u put 100% into this project and it shows, I"m very happy to be part of this and if u ever start a project like this u could count me in.thanks one more time.:1-1:

Thanks guys! :duff

Mine arrived. They're awesome.

Thank you again.

nam said it best . . . "righting Hasbro's wrong."

Lookin forward to seeing how they all look together!

And for ____s and giggles:

Original Fifteen

Evilface
King Darkness
Deak Starkiller
Flosi
Elvis76
DeltaForceChung
Kozin
BWayne
Trebor
Roy the Sunderer
TheNamMagazine
Skiman
Buttmunch
OneThousandMasks
The Angry Orc

Shineys

Cryoguns
Jaberwaki
Maskfreak
Screamingmetal
Saintsyn
Cksport
Matt13

Goldies

TheNamMagazine
Skiman
OneThousandMasks
Buttmunch
Matt13

Alternates

Khev
Drakep3

Night Force

TheNamMagazine
Skiman

Last Call

DeltaForceChung
BuddyGus & Son
Progmatinee
Niltusk
SFC-Dusty
Incurable Collector
OnetrueJoe

Last edited:
^^^Most definately. I'm just tying together the last few bits like some long gloves but I'll post a 99% done pic in the next few days to stand in for a while.

That would be cool to put together a card back like you did for your thread with pics of each SB and then print it out so Mando can frame it! :)

^^^Most definately. I'm just tying together the last few bits like some long gloves but I'll post a 99% done pic in the next few days to stand in for a while.

That would be cool to put together a card back like you did for your thread with pics of each SB and then print it out so Mando can frame it! :)

If memory serves me correct, someone did that in the original thread.

Edit: Found it. It was made by Maskfreak

steelbrigadephase3.jpg

Last edited:
sweet. maybe I was subconsciously remembering that. Very cool SB above as well.

That one was great! Or still is I guess. That SB was ready to bring the pain :rock

cool.. what is a blu-tack.:lol
This is Blu-Tack, basically an adhesive putty:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Blu-Tack-Reusable-Adhesive/dp/B001FGLX72/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347405883&sr=8-1&keywords=blu-tack[/ame]

Fun-Tak is very similar:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-1087306-2-Ounce-Fun-Tak-Mounting/dp/B001F57ZPW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347405847&sr=8-2&keywords=fun+tack[/ame]

I used Fun-Tak that I bought at Wallmart, works fine for the head, but not very good for small 1:6 accessories like scopes on rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back