The Substance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVILFACE

Super Freak
Reaction score
Didn't know anything about this movie, but we were trying to find something to watch my woman suggested The Substance. AMC A Lister. Couple hours to kill. No need to see a trailer. So why not.

Wow. This movie was awesome. As it unfolded you figure out where it is going and what is going to happen until we get the ending. And I guarantee you don't know what happens next, and then next and then next. . .

I would say see it the same way.

I will say the nudity and gore is severe. And it has body horror like From Beyond.

It's about a old celebrity given a serum that will produce a younger version of the best of them.

Didn't know Demi Moore was still active, but she is great in this. Margaret Qualley is hawt as can be. And Dennis Quaid is so creepy cringy absurdity.

I loved it.

Best movie of the year.

I will say the nudity and gore is severe. And it has body horror like From Beyond.
Well, then I have to see it. My news feed has been trying to get me to read interviews with Demi Moore and I've ignored them, but now I'll have to give them another look.

By the way, I was browsing movies on Prime and an odd movie came up titled, "Onyx the Fortuitous and the Talisman of Souls." I got about a quarter of the way through the movie and couldn't finish it on that watch, but Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton are both in it. Those guys made some killer movies back in the day, including the underrated Castle Freak.

Castle Freak has been in my watch list for a while. Guess I will move it up!

Onyx has come up in my suggestions, so I will give it a shot as well.

Interesting... I skipped past a review on this in the paper just yesterday. Glanced at the 4-stars and headline praise for Demi Moore and made a mental note to come back to it. My daughter is a horror fan and we don't have much cross-over interest to bring us together in front of the screen, but this could be a good one to watch with her :)

Didn't know anything about this movie, but we were trying to find something to watch my woman suggested The Substance. AMC A Lister. Couple hours to kill. No need to see a trailer. So why not.

Wow. This movie was awesome. As it unfolded you figure out where it is going and what is going to happen until we get the ending. And I guarantee you don't know what happens next, and then next and then next. . .

I would say see it the same way.

It's about a old celebrity given a serum that will produce a younger version of the best of them.

Didn't know Demi Moore was still active, but she is great in this. Margaret Qualley is hawt as can be. And Dennis Quaid is so creepy cringy absurdity.

I loved it.

Best movie of the year.

I’ve been hearing good things. This makes me want to see it even more!

Back