EXO-6 Star Trek “Enterprise” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ship sailed long ago on Archer @FlanginHam, if the actor preferred the different option then it is what it is.

You did openly state recently that Dr. Crusher looks “surprisingly great” and I agree wholeheartedly. This company is no where near where they were with Voyager - they have without a doubt gotten better and refined their technical ability. Look forward not backward.

Paint apps make all the difference - look at the TNG Picard PO pictures vs. Viola Wittrocka’s reference. If you don’t see the improvement in SNW Spock then I don’t know what to tell you, to each their own. Would you have preferred how he looked in the PO pictures?

You have to give credit where it is due. 🖖

IMG_1964.jpeg

Yep - this one is a miss (no pun intended).

I get NT likes to get the costuming right given his family involvement in the garment business, but seriously - without a decent head sculpt - why bother?

The portrait is THE single most important thing for me. Maybe others won't mind? :dunno

Yep - this one is a miss (no pun intended).

I get NT likes to get the costuming right given his family involvement in the garment business, but seriously - without a decent head sculpt - why bother?

The portrait is THE single most important thing for me. Maybe others won't mind? :dunno

Because people will tell themselves and all of us that it either looks good when it doesn't or when it's too far gone like this, they'll act surprised that it wasn't "fixed" because exo-6 is so known for resculpting heads when they're bad

I think this is the major weakness to Nanjin's strategy if doing the photography before the figure is ready.
If this is how it'll look, it's another Tom Paris of just being someone else.
If it is improved like some figures have been, that's great and all, but that's taking it on a LOT of faith when you get photos like this.
It just looks like some other woman. He might make the final version look amazing, and I hope he does.

Hope it improves because this is right back to Voyager level as it is. I wanted SNW level!
Yes, I thinks she’s on par with Janeway, EMH, etc as far as likeness goes yet an improvement over Tom Paris.

I think this is the major weakness to Nanjin's strategy if doing the photography before the figure is ready.
If this is how it'll look, it's another Tom Paris of just being someone else.
If it is improved like some figures have been, that's great and all, but that's taking it on a LOT of faith when you get photos like this.
It just looks like some other woman. He might make the final version look amazing, and I hope he does.
I’m pretty sure he (NT) said in the interview that SixScaleMafia did in STLV that he was happy with Hoshi.

I feel like for some characters he deems them as “good enough” and moves on.

They don’t have time to improve drastically for a character like Hoshi, and you have the fans who will be accepting because “it’s the only time x character will be made”. This has been evidenced before and in my opinion is a bit of a copout answer but to me at least it rings true.

I don’t like to be negative but certain things I’ve kind of picked up on between following Nanjin and reading comments from certain people here and in the Facebook group.

Back