The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typecast but yea some get bored and some enjoy the flow of work/money. If he save wisely, Norman Reedus could live comfortably till his dying days and didn't have to work much more.

I was talking to a friend who read an article in one of the major papers (WSJ or NYT) and it surmised that the show could go for 20 seasons if it wanted. Anyone else come across that? I'd like to read it, but I don't know where to look.

No way can this show last 20 seasons.

For those that have read the comics, have there been any new members to the group that were interesting characters? As the show currently is, it seems all new characters are utterly disposable.

No way can this show last 20 seasons.

LOL! Indeed. Most people will not stay interested that long. Other shows will come along and will be more interesting. I hate to say it (because I'm enjoying TWD myself), but this too will get old.

By Season 8 everyone should be a walker and having a blast. We need to see Rick, Daryl, Carol, and company accepting the inevitable and having a good time together....

Attachments

• b3d46a8aba329c9e096ba7f91b747842.jpg
    b3d46a8aba329c9e096ba7f91b747842.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 64
Walkers are all ready rotting so in another year or two they will all be either skeletons or just big puddles of goo. It would be cool to have Rick die then see him (as a walker) kill off everyone else.

There are many that lasted 10, but few lasted 20 or more. Those were mostly variety, soaps or new shows.

People lose interest in things too quickly now, and there's so much more to watch than years ago.

Today's generation has a very short attention span.

I blame the hippity hoppity music. :lecture :monkey3

Just wait a few years and he'll probably change his tune. He'll grow sick of it, everyone grows sick of their roles eventually.

Typecast but yea some get bored and some enjoy the flow of work/money. If he save wisely, Norman Reedus could live comfortably till his dying days and didn't have to work much more.

what other big roles is he known for? what other jobs does he have line up?

I really dont think he could get tired of being such a big icon. or tired of the money or fame and recognition from the community.

if anything judging from interviews, he is terrified of getting killed off

the one i can see getting tired is rick or even carl. Isnt carl trying for the Han Solo role or something already ?

What if both of them were out and they made Daryl the Leader of the entire group? would you guys like that? or hate it?

I really dont think he could get tired of being such a big icon. or tired of the money or fame and recognition from the community.

the one i can see getting tired is rick or even carl. Isnt carl trying for the Han Solo role or something already ?

What if both of them were out and they made Daryl the Leader of the entire group? would you guys like that? or hate it?

He's done a few indy films. And he was also in Boomtown Saints. I think as long as the role is good, he'll stick with it. They can also work when on hiatus.

Coral will never be Han. He can give up that dream.

As for Daryl being leader, as long as the story is good, why not?

Most of the members of the cast love being a part of the show, treat each other like family and enjoy hanging out with each other even outside filming, and appreciate the overwhelming support from the fans. I don't think any of them want to be killed off. At least not yet. Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus particularly have expressed how much they love their roles. I definitely agree though that Norman is the most scared of being killed off. He once (kiddingly) threatened to burn his trailer down if that were to happen. :lol

Chandler Riggs loves his role too, but I could see him getting tired of it by the time he goes off to college in a few years. Also, you are correct about him auditioning for Han Solo. I actually think he has a pretty good chance of getting the role.

I would honestly hate if Rick and Carl were to both be killed off and Daryl were to be made leader. It wouldn't be The Walking Dead for me without at least Rick. Plus Daryl isn't exactly my favorite character.

Last edited:
He's done a few indy films. And he was also in Boomtown Saints. I think as long as the role is good, he'll stick with it. They can also work when on hiatus.

Coral will never be Han. He can give up that dream.

As for Daryl being leader, as long as the story is good, why not?

*Boondock Saints* and I will be glad to see JD Morgan coming in, this season just has not had it for me. Will be glad to see if they can pick up the momentum they had going at the end of last season. I think every show has an expiration date at some point. This season they really have slowed it down it seems, and not sure that is a good thing.

the only shows that have 20 seasons are soap operas. Not even the mexican soap operas run that long and they are dramatic and over the top as hell :lol
I only know of the American Soap Operas and to be honest that would be awful, AND the show would be nothing like the show we know today. it would be completely different.

Most good shows have around 10 seasons or so I think, I know there is enough material for many more seasons, but the comics have a different speed the show does,
And the show stalls a lot which is pretty not that good.
The only way I could see the show lasting a long time is if they changed the way the show is done. if they didn't stall so much. maybe if the show catch up to the comics faster.

Back