The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, you guys have opinions, like Mr. Green. But you'll be back for more, more and more!

Not me, I haven't been keeping up with the show, they just keep going in circles. Last time I was watching week after week was around the Terminus/Cannibals plot. This season I watched like three episodes (not on the air date), including this one. I was excited because I heard Negan was finally in it.

Mr. Green can't deny that this Season 6 finale ending with showing the character Negan chose, to the audience, killing said victim while the other characters cry out in horror, and then ending it with Negan saying he will be back to collect half of their **** next week (i.e. next season) before it faded to black would have been the better choice.

Well, at least Game Of Thrones will be back on soon. Damien is a decent watch.

I didn't even watch the finale, watched a two minute clip posted in here to just see Negan.

I won't be watching this show on Sundays unless I have literally nothing to do. Won't be giving them ratings, not that it will mater. I will watch it on-demand a few days later or whenever I have time out of love for the comics and hope this show gets good. I won't go out of my way anymore to keep up with this show. It has let me down too many times.

Good, don't watch. It's your decision. At least you can't really tell if its a good show if you haven't watch but only a 2 mins clip.

Good, don't watch. It's your decision. At least you can't really tell if its a good show if you haven't watch but only a 2 mins clip.

I can tell it is a crap show just from the ending. All I needed to do was watch the final two minutes to know everything that happened.

Let me guess... (predictable show, I bet I am right) Morgan saves Carol. Rescued by the man that Rick tried to shoot at last week? The Kingdom/Ezekiel I bet.
The rest probably drove around and got captured.
Lined up, Negan swings his bat.
End show.

Yup, crap.

Before the show aired I thought Glenn would be the victim because he has had so many close calls this season and his death is the most expected because of the comic. Now that they have made it a cliff hanger, I think it will be Abraham. He has had a lot of air time recently and it seems like his story arc has come full circle. I think the cliff hanger makes it easier for TWD to justify keeping Glenn around to the audience after teasing it for most of the season.

Not me, I haven't been keeping up with the show, they just keep going in circles. Last time I was watching week after week was around the Terminus/Cannibals plot. This season I watched like three episodes (not on the air date), including this one. I was excited because I heard Negan was finally in it.

Mr. Green can't deny that this Season 6 finale ending with showing the character Negan chose, to the audience, killing said victim while the other characters cry out in horror, and then ending it with Negan saying he will be back to collect half of their **** next week before it faded to black would have been the better choice.

It is a style of writing/directing that not everyone can attach to. It is similar to how sometimes Batman writer leave reader guessing. Yet, this series still is successful. They're making money and a good majority of viewer will still watch it. Heck, Norman Reekus getting his own bike show is proof enough of the success.

Look above to see my answer.

You and the guy who posts the spoilers said you watch mainly for Daryl and might not watch if he dies. Don't make excuses. That is what you said.

Daryl is my favorite character, no doubt.

Joe is not a guy btw.

Stop making excuses? :lol

It is a style of writing/directing that not everyone can attach to. It is similar to how sometimes Batman writer leave reader guessing. Yet, this series still is successful. They're making money and a good majority of viewer will still watch it. Heck, Norman Reekus getting his own bike show is proof enough of the success.

Nobody is arguing the show isn't successful, we know that. That is all they care about. Not the quality of television, but how many zeroes are at the end of their check. No integrity. No love for what they do. Nothing. Just dragging it out more and more. I don't have respect for people who are in it solely for the money and nothing else.

I can tell it is a crap show just from the ending. All I needed to do was watch the final two minutes to know everything that happened.

Let me guess... (predictable show, I bet I am right) Morgan saves Carol. Rescued by the man that Rick tried to shoot at last week? The Kingdom/Ezekiel I bet.
The rest probably drove around and got captured.
Lined up, Negan swings his bat.
End show.

Yup, crap.

You're already jaded by the comics. Recall you're a comic reader of TWD, and if so, they already got your money. All this is more likely redundant to you. But good thing that not everything is the same as the comics.

Unless you have a Nielsen box you don't count in the ratings....so it won't matter if you watch it on Sunday or not.

Good point.

Nobody is arguing the show isn't successful, we know that. That is all they care about. Not the quality of television, but how many zeroes are at the end of their check. No integrity. No love for what they do. Nothing. Just dragging it out more and more. I don't have respect for people who are in it solely for the money and nothing else.

Just your opinion like everyone else here.

Daryl is my favorite character, no doubt.
Joe is not a guy btw.

Username is Joe... I assumed she was a he. My mistake.

So, you won't watch when Daryl dies?

Unless you have a Nielsen box you don't count in the ratings....so it won't matter if you watch it on Sunday or not.

Yeah, I know. Poor choice of words. Should have said won't be giving them my time. Oh well, it won't matter either way.

You're already jaded by the comics. Recall you're a comic reader of TWD, and if so, they already got your money. All this is more likely redundant to you. But good thing that not everything is the same as the comics.

I give my money to Image Comics, not AMC.

Show is similar enough to the comics that it is somewhat predictable what will happen.

I give my money to Image Comics, not AMC.

Show is similar enough to the comics that it is somewhat predictable what will happen.

All the same, since you feed the same universe. You're a fan one way or another, whether you like this or that.

They knew they were going to get backlash with this decision too. I don't watch talking dead but my friend told me they were doing damage control from people on social media who were criticizing it. It's a lame move and they know it.

Yup. "The character's death is not part of this story, it's part of next season's story". They even said it wasn't a gimmick. :lol

The ruined a major scene for a hashtag. :slap

It will be the gay photographer dude. He's the only red shirt in the lineup of otherwise untouchable players. They gave him a short scene early in the episode where he stood up to Rick, to make him stand out.

No guts, absolutely no glory.

3b41b8cde63087fa08ea74f2dcb48a90.jpg

It will be the gay photographer dude. He's the only red shirt in the lineup of otherwise untouchable players. They gave him a short scene early in the episode where he stood up to Rick, to make him stand out.

No guts, absolutely no glory.

Welcome to the forum.

That would be a surprise to most if indeed, it is Aaron. Would be lame for sure. If he's the only one, Negan won't last long. He would be underestimating Rick; like they're hunting one of their own.

Back