The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

Meaning he was full and didn't partake, leaving the thought to linger that maybe he would have. Seems pretty simple to me, even if you didn't watch the episode and see her not get raped. :dunno

I was surprised when that point of view was brought up by a woman no less. Most experts and law enforcement psychs say rape is about power tripping and dominance not sexual gratification. That fact that he just had Andrea shouldn't have mattered. I think the creators just didn't want to go there.

So...Since I seem to be the only one who thinks the Governer DID rape Maggie... Was I imagining it when it was mentioned on the Talking Dead? I swear they brought it up a couple times, even Yvette mentioning that he just left Andrea so he was just 'satiated', meaning it was a pure power thing... Hardwick is normally pretty quick to make corrections. You think if Yvette was wrong in her assumption he'd have chimed in to the contrary.

I saw Talking Dead. Yvette may have also thought Maggie was actually raped ... otherwise some of her commentary didn't make a lot of sense.

Yvette said the interrogation was worse for Maggie than for Glenn. Glenn got beaten to a pulp, and attacked by a walker while strapped to a chair. Maggie was forced to take her top off by a creepy guy, and was forced onto a table. Glenn nearly died ... Maggie was involuntarily half-naked and tabled. There's no way the latter is even arguably worse unless you thought she was actually raped (in which case, it was actually worse).

But, she wasn't raped. She only stripped from the waist up. Governor pushed her down and grinded against her for a second to intimidate her and show her he could if he wanted ... but he didn't. He made the power-play without actually following through.

I was surprised when that point of view was brought up by a woman no less. Most experts and law enforcement psychs say rape is about power tripping and dominance not sexual gratification. That fact that he just had Andrea shouldn't have mattered. I think the creators just didn't want to go there.

Yeah, I thought that was weird, too. That's part of the reason I'm not sure Yvette quite grasped that he didn't follow through on the rape. Her commentary was a little all-over-the-place.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

It would have come across as corny and forced anyways.
It was setup as a power play on Michionne after having bitten his ear off, he wanted to break her in every way possible, he even stopped himself from killing her after she lied about helping in the arena.
It would just have come across as weak comic copy catting.

I saw Talking Dead. Yvette may have also thought Maggie was actually raped ... otherwise some of her commentary didn't make a lot of sense.

Yvette said the interrogation was worse for Maggie than for Glenn. Glenn got beaten to a pulp, and attacked by a walker while strapped to a chair. Maggie was forced to take her top off by a creepy guy, and was forced onto a table. Glenn nearly died ... Maggie was involuntarily half-naked and tabled. There's no way the latter is even arguably worse unless you thought she was actually raped (in which case, it was actually worse).

But, she wasn't raped. She only stripped from the waist up. Governor pushed her down and grinded against her for a second to intimidate her and show her he could if he wanted ... but he didn't. He made the power-play without actually following through.

Yeah, I thought that was weird, too. That's part of the reason I'm not sure Yvette quite grasped that he didn't follow through on the rape. Her commentary was a little all-over-the-place.

SnakeDoc

Yvette was saying it was worse, not in a physical sense, but in a psychological sense. The Governor was trying to play mind games with her to get her to break. She was scared *****less. Glenn might have been scared too but he was also pissed and defiant. When he saw that raping her wasn't going to break her, he switched to another tactic.

Carl's "leave her!" walker looks a hell of a lot like Lori.

Yvette was saying it was worse, not in a physical sense, but in a psychological sense. The Governor was trying to play mind games with her to get her to break. She was scared *****less. Glenn might have been scared too but he was also pissed and defiant. When he saw that raping her wasn't going to break her, he switched to another tactic.

The guv should've implied the rape threat in front of Glenn.
Then he probably would've broke before Maggie.

The guv should've implied the rape threat in front of Glenn.
Then he probably would've broke before Maggie.

Or Glenn may have asked for one hand to be loosened... :lol
You never know.

Seeing her half naked was enough. :dunno

Shame on you.:monkey3

tumblr_me0nshS0Yu1rkwo43o1_500.jpg

Here's a list of threads for all of you who collect 1/6 scale figures that might be of interest...

WGP

ZGrab02-1.jpg

ZGrab04-1.jpg

DSCN0570.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105850

IMINIME
250130_427370243994275_479343136_n.jpg

253432_427352160662750_2056864750_n.jpg

643941_454341891297110_1429800861_n.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115831
Seanjob and Kato
531106_10151327880508223_1496278532_n.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108763

Kato Sheriff Rick Uniform
mg0754.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119067

Moe productions Sheriff Rick uniform and parts set by Entropy
scaled.php

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118469

Wal-king
60581_10151163070817613_1129559238_n.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119176

tumblr_me2v0lnpOS1r2acrxo1_500.gif

Duct Tape! Hell Yeah!

Oh and all that **** above is wicked, especially love the Daryl head and Xbow. :clap

Wow, Wake, those WD customs are absolutely spot on! Love 'em, dude! you've captured Rick and Daryl perfectly! I can't wait to see who else you do sculpts of!!!

Back