The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

tumblr_mcqoqct9D31r2acrxo1_500.gif

Gif from Pandorum.

Whoa I thought Darryl actually became zombie lunch!!! :lol

"Take them to the scream pit." What is that? That's where they were going to take Maggie & Glen, before they got rescued. Way to go Glen with improvised weapons, and Maggie too!

"Take them to the scream pit." What is that? That's where they were going to take Maggie & Glen, before they got rescued. Way to go Glen with improvised weapons, and Maggie too!

Remember the pit where they got the walkers for the arena?

I can't wait for February!
If you watched the sneak peak for when they return in 2 months you can see Daryl,alive. Here's what I think happens. Daryl & Merle escape,make their way back to the prison,Daryl convinces Rick to let Merle stay.The Governor now has Merle on the inside to ease their attempt to storm the prison
That's my guess.

Great episode.

So far, they haven't quite made the Governor evil enough, though. Maybe that's been their intent. Maybe he hasn't completely cracked quite yet ... and the worst is yet to come. Or, maybe he's an ambiguous villain (I haven't read the comics), sort of a slightly darker mirror image of Rick, rather than a truly evil villain.

Still ... I kinda get the feeling that he's the villain right now because we've been told he's the villain, and we're more invested in his opponents. Watching the Penny scene without foreknowledge of who's supposed to be good and who's supposed to be bad ... you'd have a hard time coming out thinking Michonne was the hero.

So far, they've shown the Governor to be creepy -- biter heads in aquariums, zombie daughter in the closet. But, that's not much creepier than Daryl's walker ears necklace, Rick's walker-killing rampage in the prison, or Morgan's zombie wife in the lawn (at least Rick didn't shoot the wife in the head while Morgan was pleading with him not to). Good guys have done the same thing.

They've shown the Governor to be ruthless and maybe murderous -- the National Guard detachment, sending a scout team after Michonne, torturing and potentially executing Glenn and Maggie. But, that isn't all that different than Rick's group's treatment of Randall -- torture, scout teams chasing, planned executions. Or the prisoners ... Michonne has been at least as much of a threat to the Governor as that ass-clown prisoner Rick macheted in the head. It is arguable that she's done more to the Governor than he has to her. She's definitely done more to Woodbury than Randall ever did to Rick's crew.

They haven't done enough to differentiate Rick's team from the Governor's. I'm not sure Rick or Daryl wouldn't have done some or most of the stuff the Governor has ... protecting his own. Maybe they will in the future.

Still. Great television.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Okay...

T-Dog dies, Oscar joins the group

Oscar dies, Tyrese Joins the group (potentially)

Why is it that there is only room for one black man on this show?

Okay...

Lol I know right? Dear lord another black guy joins the fray so lets kill the last one so it doesnt get to crowded with minoritys. We already have an asian and we had to get rid of the mexican aswell.

I was all set to be like, "Okay, I can wait until February." Then that last scene happened.

My main takeaways from Season 1 Part 1: Glenn and Carl's badass quotients have increased tenfold.

Loved the Shane bit. The actor who played shane did say he would be lingering throughout the season. Shows that rick is still torn up about it but im sure thats not the last we've seen of shane.

Great episode.

So far, they haven't quite made the Governor evil enough, though. Maybe that's been their intent. Maybe he hasn't completely cracked quite yet ... and the worst is yet to come. Or, maybe he's an ambiguous villain (I haven't read the comics), sort of a slightly darker mirror image of Rick, rather than a truly evil villain.

Still ... I kinda get the feeling that he's the villain right now because we've been told he's the villain, and we're more invested in his opponents. Watching the Penny scene without foreknowledge of who's supposed to be good and who's supposed to be bad ... you'd have a hard time coming out thinking Michonne was the hero.

So far, they've shown the Governor to be creepy -- biter heads in aquariums, zombie daughter in the closet. But, that's not much creepier than Daryl's walker ears necklace, Rick's walker-killing rampage in the prison, or Morgan's zombie wife in the lawn (at least Rick didn't shoot the wife in the head while Morgan was pleading with him not to). Good guys have done the same thing.

They've shown the Governor to be ruthless and maybe murderous -- the National Guard detachment, sending a scout team after Michonne, torturing and potentially executing Glenn and Maggie. But, that isn't all that different than Rick's group's treatment of Randall -- torture, scout teams chasing, planned executions. Or the prisoners ... Michonne has been at least as much of a threat to the Governor as that ass-clown prisoner Rick macheted in the head. It is arguable that she's done more to the Governor than he has to her. She's definitely done more to Woodbury than Randall ever did to Rick's crew.

They haven't done enough to differentiate Rick's team from the Governor's. I'm not sure Rick or Daryl wouldn't have done some or most of the stuff the Governor has ... protecting his own. Maybe they will in the future.

Still. Great television.

SnakeDoc

I must've missed it. What episode did the good guys kill a living person who posed no threat and put his reanimated head in a fish tank to admire? :confused:

Okay...

Georgian quota? :dunno :lol

I can't wait for February!
If you watched the sneak peak for when they return in 2 months you can see Daryl,alive. Here's what I think happens. Daryl & Merle escape,make their way back to the prison,Daryl convinces Rick to let Merle stay.The Governor now has Merle on the inside to ease their attempt to storm the prison
That's my guess.

didnt think of that one. taking martinez's place.

i just dont think the governor would be cool with merel lying about michonne after that. but well see.

Wow! What an intense episode

LOL at Andrea still having faith in the governor even after questioning him about the fish tanks and Penny. :rotfl

didnt think of that one. taking martinez's place.

i just dont think the governor would be cool with merel lying about michonne after that. but well see.

:exactly: Unless the Governor will using Merle's betrayal of Daryl as some kinda redemption for lying about Michonne.

It got pretty creepy when Axel asked Beth how old she was.

Looks like Walking Dead is returning on Feb. 10 and Talking Dead is expanding to a one hour show.

They do have a ways to go to make the tv gov as nutty as the comic gov. But last night clearly made strides to get him there. They also give us his motivation on the show as to what pushes him over the edge.

Wonder how long Andrea sticks with the gov now that he's gone nuts. And clearly it'll be daryll and merle in the pit versus walkers with teeth.

Back