The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

sorry to ask but now the show takes a break till february ???

sorry to ask but now the show takes a break till february ???

Yup, to allow for Christmas programming. There'll be a full marathon of all the episodes from season 1 through this last one on New Years. I'd rather them just run through it and then rerun them all afterwards. :(

What does Carl say to Rick in the promo? he says something like you should stop something leader?
I can't catch that

ohhhhh maaan... that sucks big time.. I thought Zombies and xmas is going well together.. apparently not :D

Hmmm, it looks like a big building structure to me.

This is the preview clip I am talking about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoJFePnJECA

Right at the beginning, it looks like the prison in the background to me. Also at the 21 sec mark, it looks like Michonne recoiling as a van breaks through the fence at the prison.
I agree that when Glenn yells, what the hell is he doing here, that he must be talking about Merle.

I must've missed it. What episode did the good guys kill a living person who posed no threat and put his reanimated head in a fish tank to admire? :confused:

They captured an injured stranger (Randall), brought him back to the farm for medical care, tortured him, and had an nearly-unanimous group decision to execute him just because he knew where they were. But for Rick's crisis of conscience when Carl saw him with a gun to the man's head, he'd have been offed. No word on whether they'd have kept the head in a fish tank.

Their treatment of Randall is just not that far off from the Governor capturing an injured Guardsman, bringing him back to Woodbury, interrogating him for information, and killing him (possibly just because he knew where they were).

Hmmm, am I one of the few who liked the beginning then? I really liked how they introduced Tyrese, he is such a badass.

I thought the beginning was alright. Not great. Tyrese's group didn't seem to have their head on straight. They're over a year into this thing ... and they're still screaming in horror at walkers? No guns. Less-than-impressive combat skills. Still debating whether to put-down somebody that's bit. Their attacks on the walkers looked more like the prison riot than Rick's group's surgical strike on the prison. It just seemed like they were a group from Season 1 ... not Season 3.

I think the Governor has been pretty evil so far, but I am sure now that Penny is "dead" he is going to go "full evil".:lol

I disagree with your assessment that the good guys have done the same things as the Governor. First of all, the Governor isn't "maybe murderous". He didn't maybe murder the National Guard guys. He is murderous - pure and simple. Rick and his group didn't seek out and kill Randall. Randall was trying to kill them first! They rescued him from the fence and were probably going to let him go, especially after Dale's death, until Shane had other ideas and killed Randall himself. I also missed the part where Rick's group set a Walker after Randall and threatened to rape him.

Tomas (the prisoner) was actively trying to kill Rick. He first swung at him with the machete and then pushed a "live" Walker on top of him. Rick only killed him then. Rick has never killed anyone without having been provoked first. The Governor killed those National Guard guys unprovoked.

Daryl's ears are a little morbid. They can be seen as trophys, but they also served a practical purpose as a deterrent from being attacked by other Walkers when Daryl was alone and injured in the woods. He was also in full survival mode at that point and those ears where his way of keeping the adrenaline pumping. I haven't seen Daryl with the ears since he came out of the woods. Does he even still have them? The Governor's heads are also trophys but other than that don't really serve any practical purpose that I can see. There is also a dangerous element to live heads and Penny whereas Daryl's ear collection isn't going to be biting and infecting anyone.

I said "probably murderous" to account for Rick's group in the comparison, not the Governor's. I'd agree that he's murderous. I just think Rick's group probably is as well, at least in part.

Randall tried to kill them first ... true. But, he did so after they discovered Rick had killed two of their own in a gunfight in a bar. Those two had it coming, certainly -- but Randall's eye-for-an-eye reaction wasn't completely out-of-bounds. Everybody but Dale was fine with killing Randall. Rick's crisis of conscience when Carl saw him, and Dale's death changed that ... but they were perfectly ready to kill him. They're just not that far off from the Governor in that respect.

Rick's group didn't set a walker after Randall. But, Rick did kick Andrew's ass out into a courtyard filled with walkers with the expectation that he'd be torn apart. Not all that different.

The rape threat against Maggie is an obvious difference between the two. It is one of a couple of things I can say Rick's group never would've done ... the other being the ambush of the National Guard detatchment. Rick's group hasn't killed unprovoked ... though they have seriously considered it with only slight provocation. The Governor has killed (and attempted to) unprovoked, with only slight provocation, and with a lot of provocation (like Michonne, for instance).

I agree there is a difference between the two. I just think the difference is relatively slight at the moment.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

I said "probably murderous" to account for Rick's group in the comparison, not the Governor's. I'd agree that he's murderous. I just think Rick's group probably is as well, at least in part.

Randall tried to kill them first ... true. But, he did so after they discovered Rick had killed two of their own in a gunfight in a bar. Those two had it coming, certainly -- but Randall's eye-for-an-eye reaction wasn't completely out-of-bounds. Everybody but Dale was fine with killing Randall. Rick's crisis of conscience when Carl saw him, and Dale's death changed that ... but they were perfectly ready to kill him. They're just not that far off from the Governor in that respect.

Rick's group didn't set a walker after Randall. But, Rick did kick Andrew's ass out into a courtyard filled with walkers with the expectation that he'd be torn apart. Not all that different.

The rape threat against Maggie is an obvious difference between the two. It is one of a couple of things I can say Rick's group never would've done ... the other being the ambush of the National Guard detatchment. Rick's group hasn't killed unprovoked ... though they have seriously considered it with only slight provocation. The Governor has killed unprovoked.

I agree there is a difference between the two. I just think the difference is relatively slight at the moment.

SnakeDoc

Agreed. There is no clear "good" and "bad" anymore. Just varying degrees of it. When I compare Rick to The Governor, Rick is still clearly the "good" guy in my eyes. Or in The Governor's case, one eye.:lol

They captured an injured stranger (Randall), brought him back to the farm for medical care, tortured him, and had an nearly-unanimous group decision to execute him just because he knew where they were. But for Rick's crisis of conscience when Carl saw him with a gun to the man's head, he'd have been offed. No word on whether they'd have kept the head in a fish tank.

SnakeDoc

Randall was exactly what Shane said he was. Nice try though. :wave

On another note, it appears that no one really listens to The Governor. When Woodbury was under attack, he told his "army" to take no prisoners and shoot to kill. Half hour later, Daryl shows up as a prisoner.

The guy just can't get any respect.:lol

Nice to see Michonnes other few expressions last night.

I thought the beginning was alright. Not great. Tyrese's group didn't seem to have their head on straight. They're over a year into this thing ... and they're still screaming in horror at walkers? No guns. Less-than-impressive combat skills. Still debating whether to put-down somebody that's bit. Their attacks on the walkers looked more like the prison riot than Rick's group's surgical strike on the prison. It just seemed like they were a group from Season 1 ... not Season 3.

SnakeDoc

yeah Tyrese's group was beyond pathetic. I'm glad he was introduced but they were annoying. I really hope they are not as annoying the rest of the season as that woman was telling Carl to open the cell.

.... Nevermind seems they are going to be worst than Andrea and Lori ever were....
[ame]https://youtu.be/N3tiRQPcIfc[/ame]

I just hope they die soon :gah:

yeah Tyrese's group was beyond pathetic. I'm glad he was introduced but they were annoying. I really hope they are not as annoying the rest of the season as that woman was telling Carl to open the cell.

.... Nevermind seems they are going to be worst than Andrea and Lori ever were....
https://youtu.be/N3tiRQPcIfc

Tyrese should be around for awhile. Maybe Sasha too. Might as well slap red shirts on the other two guys because they are zombie fodder.

Tyrese should be around for awhile. Maybe Sasha too. Might as well slap red shirts on the other two guys because they are zombie fodder.

Yeah I figured Tyrese will be with the group for a while but I wasn't sure about the woman, she has been on the show a couple of minutes and is already on my nerves. I mean Carl just saved them and she just keeps yelling at him? Jesus, Like I said at least Lori and Andrea got hate over time, this girl just started and I already don't want her there.

On another note, it appears that no one really listens to The Governor. When Woodbury was under attack, he told his "army" to take no prisoners and shoot to kill. Half hour later, Daryl shows up as a prisoner.

The guy just can't get any respect.:lol

That's true.

He told Merle to kill Michonne. That went well.

He told Andrea to not get involved in the shooting. Drew her weapon the second he turned his back.

He told Michonne not to don't hurt his little girl.

tumblr_megpxsrayq1rlsyx0o1_250.gif

SnakeDoc

That's true.

He told Merle to kill Michonne. That went well.

He told Andrea to not get involved in the shooting. Drew her weapon the second he turned his back.

He told Michonne not to don't hurt his little girl.

tumblr_megs0rIe1t1rv5605o1_500.gif

SnakeDoc
:goodpost:
best gif ever now need one for the govenor getting his eye stabbed over and over ....:lol

https://youtu.be/N3tiRQPcIfc

They have no idea that Carl is going to go Rambo on their ass.:rotfl

They have no idea that Carl is going to go Rambo on their ass.:rotfl

omg I really hope so, I hope Carl kills at least the moron that talked about taking their guns. Jesus these people are the the biggest morons in the entire state... They were just on the brink of death by walkers, they get saved and want to start crap?.... I mean sure the attack on the Gov was cool, but this was really stupid. The Tyrese stoyline, wtf is going on? why are these people so pathetic?

I don't think so. Merle has burned his bridges with both camps. He lied to the Governor about killing Michonne, and after what he did to Glenn, Ricks' group won't accept him either. He's on his own now, so I'm thinking he's going to be a gonner by the end of the season at the latest. Nobody can trust him, and if you cant trust someone in this zombie apocalypse, you got to kill them. We've seen that a lot this season. If they want to give him a good death, they'll have Daryl finish him off to cement himself in Rick's group for good.

The only way I could possibly see Rick's group taking Merle in is if he agrees to cough up info on The Governor and Woodbury since Merle already knows he has plans to attack the prison. That being said I don't see Merle playing nice with Rick and or even The Governor if The Gov tries to have him and Daryl killed. Either way I don't see Merle surviving pass this season.

Back