The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eat mor human! I am surprise there's no cannibalism, yet. Cmon now, mertle probably ate his own hand to survive. twoo more episode, acme, make it happens!

Buttmunch... There has to be a joke about your screen name, and this thread of The Walking Dead. Cannibalism, human eating Walkers. I just can't come up with anything.

Last edited:
This season has focused on other humans being a threat in this world rather than just the walkers of the first two seasons. But every few episodes they show us that we can't let our guard down with the walkers. We lost T-Dog and Lori in a single episode from them, albeit with a human cause for the walker attack. Then again last episode the Gov left them van full of walkers to deal with. The episode before that there were walkers in the background when Daryl left the group and nobody was concerned about them. Its really shows the number of walkers and the area you are in with them that makes them a problem rather than them being difficult to kill. Just as soon as we feel we don't need to worry about them, we get an episode that takes out a main character. You can't let your guard down. So while the 'horror' has take a bit of a backseat this season, its still there. But the main reason for this season is to show the aren't the only problem in this word the survivors have to deal with.

I agree, and the horror element will always be there to some degree. As much as we can talk about realism in a world where the dead have risen and prey on humans, it would be unrealistic for any group that has survived out in the open as long as this group has to see the Walkers as much of a threat except in situations where they were unprepared or caught in a confined area. Given that, the Walkers were destined to become more of a background threat rather than the main threat. I defnitely think the show has benefitted from the addition of a human threat like the Governor.

So, unless something happens to "evolve" (not a spoiler, since I know nothing about what happens on this show or in the comics outside of this latest episode.) the Walker threat, from this point on the dead will likely be resigned to the background, and Human Beings will take up the mantle as far as primary threats go. Very interested to see where Season 4 takes us after this seasons logical conclusion.

Eat mor human! I am surprise there's no cannibalism, yet. Cmon now, mertle probably ate his own hand to survive. twoo more episode, acme, make it happens!

No, he left his hand with the handcuffs on the roof. Its how we knew he cut off his own hand in season 1.

Buttmunch... There has to be a joke about your screen name, and this thread of The Walking Dead. Cannibalism, human eating Walker. I just can't come up with anything.

I think we should start a campaign to get me on the show as a zombie. Somebody's got to get bitten in the butt sometime on this show :lol

I was fine with the episode. Most of them are like this. It's the exception when there is an "action" scene.

I'm more frustrated by the fact that no one is up front about all the information they have. At this point, everyone needs to talk about every single person they come across out in the world. Even just so everyone is informed in case it could become an issue later. People are in the minority in that world. I would want to at least be aware of anyone else out there, just to keep a running tab. Andrea should have said, "I came across a group of people (and describe them) and sent them to Woodbury". Andrea pointed out that Merle was the "one holding the gun". Merle should have shot back that it was all under the Gov's orders. He should have also given the same speech about how ruthless the Gov is to Andrea and everyone in the room. Rick should have gone more into detail about how the Gov's been terrorizing them without provocation. Maggie should have told Andrea what the Gov did to her.

That brings me back to last week's episode that Glenn finally found out the truth about what the Governor did to Maggie. That whole time he thought the Gov physically raped her. It was days (?) before she finally told him the truth. Ridiculous.

I was fine with the episode. Most of them are like this. It's the exception when there is an "action" scene.

I'm more frustrated by the fact that no one is up front about all the information they have. At this point, everyone needs to talk about every single person they come across out in the world. Even just so everyone is informed in case it could become an issue later. People are in the minority in that world. I would want to at least be aware of anyone else out there, just to keep a running tab. Andrea should have said, "I came across a group of people (and describe them) and sent them to Woodbury". Andrea pointed out that Merle was the "one holding the gun". Merle should have shot back that it was all under the Gov's orders. He should have also given the same speech about how ruthless the Gov is to Andrea and everyone in the room. Rick should have gone more into detail about how the Gov's been terrorizing them without provocation. Maggie should have told Andrea what the Gov did to her.

That brings me back to last week's episode that Glenn finally found out the truth about what the Governor did to Maggie. That whole time he thought the Gov physically raped her. It was days (?) before she finally told him the truth. Ridiculous.

:lol

That is infuriating, huh?

I have never been raped before or potentially raped before so I cannot imagine what that situation would be like but I could easily see her not wanting to talk about it for a while.

I like the amount of frustration that's being built. Obviously it will be a trainwreck if there's no pay off, but so far, all of this is progressing naturally.

I have never been raped before or potentially raped before so I cannot imagine what that situation would be like but I could easily see her not wanting to talk about it for a while.

Very true. But she could have just said, "he didn't hurt me" just to calm Glenn down, and then later go into detail.

I think we should start a campaign to get me on the show as a zombie. Somebody's got to get bitten in the butt sometime on this show :lol

:lol :lol :lol

I like the amount of frustration that's being built. Obviously it will be a trainwreck if there's no pay off, but so far, all of this is progressing naturally.

I was thinking the same thing, Devil.

We also need someone named "Crotch Biter" to take out Andrea.

:horror :lol :lol

A solid episode, but still somewhat of a letdown. I don't know what I was expecting this second half of the season, but the show hasn't delivered it yet. That being said, I have faith that it will by the end of the season.

My heart was pounding while Andrea was standing over the Governor with the knife. I was sooooooo expecting him to take her out, would have been epic. If you look closely, it looks like he cracks open his good eye as she's getting out of the bed. I think he was playing possum, just waiting for her to make a move. Of course she didn't, but I think next episode the Governor will imply that he knows what she almost did.

I liked the Hershel "talk-smacking" Rick, and Andrea Michonne scenes. I was cursing the TV and Rick's insanity as Tyreese was settling in at Woodbury, but I still have hope he'll end up on Rick's side. The writers are remarkably good at quickly altering public opinion of characters (most recently Merle), and I did enjoy his few scenes, but it's only more evidence that he's going to bite it by the end of the season imo.

Looking forward to next week!

As far as Andrea goes:

I wonder if what happened to Michonne in the comics is going to happen to Andrea in the show... beaten, raped, etc. That would be an effective reversal to me... have her suffer for her ignorance, and maybe ultimately be absolved by her retribution...maybe.

Back