The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never thought andrea would do it either, but seeing her walk around nekkid while thinking about it was nice

I just caught up on episode 10 and 11. I liked the first couple episodes back, and 10 wasn't bad, but 11 was terrble. No character development, no movement forward in the plot at all, and nothing added to the story in anyway. We didn't even get much decent zombie action. Here's hoping they don't drag out the Govenor for another 5 episodes - and I really hope we see some plot momentum next week.

I enjoyed every episode this season. By far the best season of the 3. You can't have constant action and character death every week.

I enjoyed every episode this season. By far the best season of the 3. You can't have constant action and character death every week.

You can't have 5 minutes of story telling, and 40 minutes of nothing every week.

You have to constantly keep the story in motion. Every episode needs to be this cog that keeps on turning. Keep me engaged. Don't make me feel like my time was wasted.

Sometimes they forget to take their Ritalin :dunno

I agree, I like the pacing much better than the farm. Still ready to see it wrap up though.

You can't have 5 minutes of story telling, and 40 minutes of nothing every week.

You have to constantly keep the story in motion. Every episode needs to be this cog that keeps on turning. Keep me engaged. Don't make me feel like my time was wasted.

So you're saying that this last episode only had 5 mintues worth watching?

I'd say there was only a couple scenes that felt like they were padding the run time and the rest was either plot progression or character development.

I didn't care for the amount of time wasted during Beth's song time, but otherwise it felt like an important episode, at least for Andrea.

Why does everyone think our problems are with the lack of action? I just want something to happen. Characters to develop. Stories moving forward.

But none of the characters are doing anything. They're just...static.
Or jumping ahead 10 notches, like Rick. He was slowly coming undone, then just went totally crazy for no reason. And now he's back to normal? What the hell?

If they keep firing showrunners, we'll keep getting inconstant character development.

I'd say there was only a couple scenes that felt like they were padding the run time and the rest was either plot progression or character development.

I didn't care for the amount of time wasted during Beth's song time, but otherwise it felt like an important episode, at least for Andrea.

I think it would've if it had just been smushed with last week's episode, it would've been better. I agree, they are developing her character...but apparently, only her character. Which is why it feels wasted. We got a nice little bit of Merle. But that's two characters out of 8 core characters.

I dunno I was pretty happy that Michonne got to utter more than just a couple words. She was pretty chatty this episode. For a while I was worried that they were going to make her into the female equivalent of T-Dog, except that her silence would have a greater detriment to the plot.

:lol........man, that really is some old bull****. Killing T-Dogg was one of the lowest blows i've ever seen to a character.

It did. Andrea came and met with Rick again. That was the only thing that happened during the entire episode.

Aren't you being a little harsh? I agree that it was a somewhat slow episode, but there was a decent amount of character development/changes. You need character development so that you will care or despise the characters and so that their future actions are a reflection of that development.

Like you pointed out, Andrea's development was the most obvious this episode, but Merle showed a "softer" side by trying to call a truce with Michonne and sharing with Herschel that he is very familiar the Bible. Michonne had dialog with both Merle and Andrea. She is starting to open up more and interact with the group. Carol showed a more devious, ruthless side when she gave Andrea the idea to kill the Governor in his sleep. She also was supportive to Daryl in regards to Merle. Herschel called out Rick in front of the group and basically told him to put up or shut up. I don't think Rick is "cured" of his craziness, but Herschel helped slap some sense into him. Tyreese'e group is now in Woodbury. Too early to tell what that means or how it will play out, but you can tell that Tyreese is a real good guy and he will recognize the Governor for what he really is.

What exactly would you like to see different? :dunno

Aren't you being a little harsh? I agree that it was a somewhat slow episode, but there was a decent amount of character development/changes. You need character development so that you will care or despise the characters and so that their future actions are a reflection of that development.

Like you pointed out, Andrea's development was the most obvious this episode, but Merle showed a "softer" side by trying to call a truce with Michonne and sharing with Herschel that he is very familiar the Bible. Michonne had dialog with both Merle and Andrea. She is starting to open up more and interact with the group. Carol showed a more devious, ruthless side when she gave Andrea the idea to kill the Governor in his sleep. She also was supportive to Daryl in regards to Merle. Herschel called out Rick in front of the group and basically told him to put up or shut up. I don't think Rick is "cured" of his craziness, but Herschel helped slap some sense into him. Tyreese'e group is now in Woodbury. Too early to tell what that means or how it will play out, but you can tell that Tyreese is a real good guy and he will recognize the Governor for what he really is.

What exactly would you like to see different? :dunno

Good summary. And there was that bit where Rick thought he saw Lori again through the binoculars so its not like they've just abruptly dropped that.

Merle's assimilation into the group seems a bit too smooth. I think there needed to have been a scene between him and Glenn having it out at the very least.

Back