The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's hard for me to say what I specifically want different, because I really couldn't give a **** about these characters any more, and I have no idea how I would make them better.

But the best example I can use is this. Breaking Bad, Every single episode something major happened that propelled the story into the next episode. Simultaneously, all while throwing in another subplot, exclusively presented in that episode.

I don't get that here any more. Not much is happening now. Little things. But they're so little, you barely notice. Yes, Michonne said something, yes they had their little "make up" phase, but we as an audience didn't learn anything.

That's my main problem with most TV shows today. We set up too much, and drag it on and on, to a point where we're bored because WE already know this information before the characters do. And that's very frustrating.

I'm being harsh on this show because it's touted as the "greatest TV drama of all time"...and I think that's BS. It's a good show, when it wants to be. But it's just so inconsistent with the characters, and is just too damn serious for it's own good. Which makes some of the silly things stand out too much.

This show would be better if they got Darabont back to put everyone in their place, and stop firing, hiring, and making people quit.

Merle's assimilation into the group seems a bit too smooth. I think there needed to have been a scene between him and Glenn having it out at the very least.

I'm sure there will be in a future episode. I doubt it'll be a smooth transition if he is around longterm. At this early stage he doesn't wanna get kicked out so he's not causing trouble.

This episode wasn't so bad. Andrea was naked. Some other stuff happened.

I think next episode should be pretty fun, what with you-know-who and all.

It's hard for me to say what I specifically want different, because I really couldn't give a **** about these characters any more, and I have no idea how I would make them better.

But the best example I can use is this. Breaking Bad, Every single episode something major happened that propelled the story into the next episode. Simultaneously, all while throwing in another subplot, exclusively presented in that episode.

I don't get that here any more. Not much is happening now. Little things. But they're so little, you barely notice. Yes, Michonne said something, yes they had their little "make up" phase, but we as an audience didn't learn anything.

That's my main problem with most TV shows today. We set up too much, and drag it on and on, to a point where we're bored because WE already know this information before the characters do. And that's very frustrating.

I'm being harsh on this show because it's touted as the "greatest TV drama of all time"...and I think that's BS. It's a good show, when it wants to be. But it's just so inconsistent with the characters, and is just too damn serious for it's own good. Which makes some of the silly things stand out too much.

This show would be better if they got Darabont back to put everyone in their place, and stop firing, hiring, and making people quit.

Do you know why Darabont was hired/quit? He wanted to have episodes dedicated to the backstories of various Walkers. The first one he wanted to do was the Walker in the tank that Rick encounters in episode 1. So if you are looking for plot advancement I don't think Darabont is the answer. I chuckle at people who say how great Darabont was and now the show basically blows without him.

He doesn't make this show; Robert Kirkman does. :lecture

As long as he stays involved, I will continue to watch.

I don't think we are watching the same shows. Breaking Bad has had PLENTY of useless, throw away episodes of just filler. The Fly episode was 90% filler with only a few minutes of useful, meaningful dialog between Walt and Jessie.

Walking Dead has been nothing but great. They spent maybe a bit too much time on the farm, but this season has been nothing but great. Sure there are some slower episodes (ie not a lot of zombie kills) but they are high in character interactions and development. A far superior show to Breaking Bad.

I didn't think it was a filler episode. They recovered from the attack, Andrea reunited with the group, Carol is coldblooded, Carl wants Rick to step down, the Governor is sizing up Andrea, Tyreese and his group left the prison to end up in Woodbury and are planning on giving the Gov the goods on the prison, and Andrea can't kill the Governor is his sleep. It was a pretty key episode really.

I thought they hyped this episode up and it didnt deliver.

Feels like Sopranos in the last 2 season, I dont need someone to die every just dont see where this is goign besides a confrontation with Woodbury.

I thought they hyped this episode up and it didnt deliver.

Feels like Sopranos in the last 2 season, I dont need someone to die every just dont see where this is goign besides a confrontation with Woodbury.

I think it is next week's episode that they have been hyping up as "special". Both Kirkman and Andrew Lincoln are curious to hear our reactions to it. I am going to go out on a limb here and say most in this forum won't like it. :lol

I didn't think it was a filler episode. They recovered from the attack, Andrea reunited with the group, Carol is coldblooded, Carl wants Rick to step down, the Governor is sizing up Andrea, Tyreese and his group left the prison to end up in Woodbury and are planning on giving the Gov the goods on the prison, and Andrea can't kill the Governor is his sleep. It was a pretty key episode really.

It did some stuff with the story but I didn't walk away from the episode going that was one of the better ones for the season. It advanced the stories for the season which is a good thing. It was just an ok episode for me I guess is really what I'm getting at. It felt like a filler.

out of curiousity, what was Tyrese's role in the books? I really expected him and his group to stick around the prison and help out, but now surprised that they're in Woodbury. I trust him more than I'd trust the white trash hillbillies that are along for the ride...

of course put it in Spoilers if someone whats to answer. :monkey3

I guess the problem with this series, if you consider it a problem, is that "filler" is sort of necessary. The characters can't travel freely, and the number of people they have to interact with is limited, so having whole episodes where characters sit around and talk seems unavoidable really.

Thye'll pull the carrot stick a little closer next time. One or maybe two of the main char, rick, glen, mertle, and/or the sword girl, will die. Maybe andrea will take the thrown or maybe the govt saw it coming from his mystic evil eye.

Do you know why Darabont was hired/quit? He wanted to have episodes dedicated to the backstories of various Walkers. The first one he wanted to do was the Walker in the tank that Rick encounters in episode 1. So if you are looking for plot advancement I don't think Darabont is the answer. I chuckle at people who say how great Darabont was and now the show basically blows without him.

He doesn't make this show; Robert Kirkman does. :lecture

As long as he stays involved, I will continue to watch.

Well, he clearly can't make a compelling show. So whatever.

The show doesn't "blow" without him. But you'd have to be delusional to not see that the man gave the show a quality it hasn't came back too.

From the visuals, to the characters. It all felt very natural, and really interesting.

Since that season ended, it's dipped it quality. And i've said this before. And i'll say it again. I'll still ride this ship. But i'll ride on the back. So when it starts to take on water, I can jump off, and swim to safety.

To me, this show has gotten better and better, I dont see a dip in quality.

My best guess as to why some feel that way is perhaps it has moved further away from the Horror element?

Personally, I enjoy the dramatic elements of the show, and dont get upset when they are digging deeper into characters rather than offing walkers.

For those that feel the show has gotten worse, might I suggest watching every other episode, as it seems to rotate between action packed episodes and story/character episodes.

out of curiousity, what was Tyrese's role in the books? I really expected him and his group to stick around the prison and help out, but now surprised that they're in Woodbury. I trust him more than I'd trust the white trash hillbillies that are along for the ride...

of course put it in Spoilers if someone whats to answer. :monkey3

Tyreese and Rick are tight at the prison, but they breakdown and have an epic fight. One of my favorite parts of the comic.

I did find the full outline for next week's episode. You can find it on IMDB. Apparently it's legit. But you never know, obviously. If it is true...it doesn't go really anywhere IMO. Yes...something interesting happens. But ultimately...it just doesn't push the story to where it should go. But then again, I guess we have 4 episodes left...eh.

I might just read your guys' opinions on the next few. Maybe i'll jump in for the last one.

To me, this show has gotten better and better, I dont see a dip in quality.

My best guess as to why some feel that way is perhaps it has moved further away from the Horror element?

Personally, I enjoy the dramatic elements of the show, and dont get upset when they are digging deeper into characters rather than offing walkers.

For those that feel the show has gotten worse, might I suggest watching every other episode, as it seems to rotate between action packed episodes and story/character episodes.

This season has focused on other humans being a threat in this world rather than just the walkers of the first two seasons. But every few episodes they show us that we can't let our guard down with the walkers. We lost T-Dog and Lori in a single episode from them, albeit with a human cause for the walker attack. Then again last episode the Gov left them van full of walkers to deal with. The episode before that there were walkers in the background when Daryl left the group and nobody was concerned about them. Its really shows the number of walkers and the area you are in with them that makes them a problem rather than them being difficult to kill. Just as soon as we feel we don't need to worry about them, we get an episode that takes out a main character. You can't let your guard down. So while the 'horror' has take a bit of a backseat this season, its still there. But the main reason for this season is to show the aren't the only problem in this word the survivors have to deal with.

I was thinking the lack of horror might be one of the reasons I find the show to be so boring now.

Idunno what the full reason is. I don't want mindless zombie action nor do I want episodes full of cheesy, emotional drama. Something's just missing.

I remember when I first found out about this series. It was through a trailer attached to some movie I watched back in fall of 2010. Showed Rick awaking from the coma and seeing the "DEAD INSIDE KEEP OUT" written on the doors, with the walker hands reaching through. It was so thrilling and terrifying. Then I watched season one that winter and was even more amazed. Now it's a chore to get through each episode.

I might go back and re-watch season 1 someday soon to see if I can pinpoint what I feel is lacking now.

Back