The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this episode was good but, taken in context of the whole season I've been disappointed. I feel like the pacing has been horribly off and slow this season. I don't mean just in terms of action which is missing but, also in terms of character development.

Good heavens, make Andrea disappear. I don't care how. Her character was pathetic in season 2 and even worse now. How much stuff does she have to hear about the Gov. before she is convinced he is dangerous and nuts?

I think this episode was good but, taken in context of the whole season I've been disappointed. I feel like the pacing has been horribly off and slow this season. I don't mean just in terms of action which is missing but, also in terms of character development.

Good heavens, make Andrea disappear. I don't care how. Her character was pathetic in season 2 and even worse now. How much stuff does she have to hear about the Gov. before she is convinced he is dangerous and nuts?

Really? This show is nothing BUT character development. You can argue there might not be plot development but there is always character development going on.

I think last night was terrible.. something they could handle within 15min !! they dragged it out till forever!!!!!!!!

I will say that the pacing seems kinda off to me - its like the show takes one step forward, one step back.....the whole Governor storyline has been very anticlimatic

i'm confused...is it hip to say that you loved the walking dead before everyone else knew about it or is it hip to say that it's boring and slow?

i can't keep up with you hipster kids these days

i sit down, i watch, i feel entertained...not expecting game of thrones levels of acting and writing here

The thing is, there are many people in this thread who sincerely believe this show is better than Game of Thrones. :monkey1

Eh I won't say it is better but it is more enjoyable. Mainly because I read all of the books and the show does not stray too far from the books. I love Game of Thrones (obviously the books more than the show) but the show is just something I watch each week but don't necessarily look forward to to geek out to like I do for the walking dead.

I have read all of the comics but they are doing stuff different enough that is keeps me a lot more engaged.

I thought last night's episode was solid - not as good as last weeks, but much better than the first couple back from break.

I'm not sure how you can say this season has been slow - up to the break, it was practically non-stop action. Last night was about slow burn, especially the scenes with Rick and the Govener. I liked the underlying tension, and there was a lot said between them, all between the lines. And who read the situation correctly? Rick, not the Govenor. He believes - quite confidently - that Rick will bring Michonne to him. Rick isn't as confident in his decision, but he's made the right one - that he can't trust the Govenor. Not underestimating his opponent gives Rick the upper hand. He also did it at the meeting by not removing his gun - if he had, he may have ended up dead right there.

I also really like the interactions between the second in commands. Milton is going to have a much harder time treating Rick's people without compassion now, which was a necessary set up for next week. I'm going to be very interested in seeing how Tyrese ends up effecting the outcome - you can bet they're going to use him in some key way, but it's very much up in the air on which side that key role will be.

I do hope we see the war next week - they can wait another week to actually kill the govenor, but they need to get started with the heavy action next week. Kill him off the next week, and give an hour to wrap up and set up the following season.

So what if some fans think this is the greatest show ever. What exactly is that to you? Are you on some kind of crusade to bring them into the light to show them this show can have issues once in a while?

People here and other sites I know and am sure talk about issues with this show. So take a chill with your crusade. Understand while not everyone has a community college film school background they can like, love, or hate something without your approval. Continuing to try to get people to see the light walks a dangerous line of trolling a thread.
:exactly::1-1::hi5::clap

I thought last night's episode was solid - not as good as last weeks, but much better than the first couple back from break.

I'm not sure how you can say this season has been slow - up to the break, it was practically non-stop action. Last night was about slow burn, especially the scenes with Rick and the Govener. I liked the underlying tension, and there was a lot said between them, all between the lines. And who read the situation correctly? Rick, not the Govenor. He believes - quite confidently - that Rick will bring Michonne to him. Rick isn't as confident in his decision, but he's made the right one - that he can't trust the Govenor. Not underestimating his opponent gives Rick the upper hand. He also did it at the meeting by not removing his gun - if he had, he may have ended up dead right there.

I also really like the interactions between the second in commands. Milton is going to have a much harder time treating Rick's people without compassion now, which was a necessary set up for next week. I'm going to be very interested in seeing how Tyrese ends up effecting the outcome - you can bet they're going to use him in some key way, but it's very much up in the air on which side that key role will be.

I do hope we see the war next week - they can wait another week to actually kill the govenor, but they need to get started with the heavy action next week. Kill him off the next week, and give an hour to wrap up and set up the following season.

Well said Mr. Crawford. It wasn't my favorite episode but it did a nice job of setting up the crap storm we're about to see.

I mean, at least people know Dexter sucks now, people acknowledge it.
But this is completely the opposite with Walking Dead. A lot of people that do not even watch horror movies Love this show so much. People that don't care for horror and gore are totally addicted to it.

There will never be improvement if no one thinks there is something wrong with it.
Did you ever stop and think that those who love the show are right and you and the others complaining about the show are wrong? Have you and a group of friends ever had problems with One person before? And that One person thinks you're all jerks? Usually that One person is an ******* and is not a likeable person but they think it's you and your friends. The Walking Dead is like that. The majority of people who watch it love it because it's well written, well acted, and keeps you looking forward to the next episode. You and Celtic get on here each weekend and complain about it. It moved to fast, it moved to slow, there was no zombie action, there was too much zombie action, etc., etc., etc., You and Celtic and some others are that guy.

I loved the episode. I usually know with a few boards I'm on to just skim responses, since it's usually "Oh no, lots of dialogue and not enough killingz is boring!!!", and while it was more positive than I expected, it was still mostly the response I was expecting.

Rick and The Governor's scenes were great. I hated the Governor for what he did and the **** he was spewing, but at the same time respected just how smoothly the lies and manipulations came.

Their scenes were great, but I actually liked the secondary scenes there more. Hershel and Philip talking was great. Hershel was funny, and you actually see some more of Philip, where he isn't just the Governor's stooge, and is genuinely interested in either fixing the outbreak or at least recording the tragedy. And Daryl and Martinez's small scenes together were some of my favorite in a long time. This might be my favorite exchange of the rest of this year:

"I prefer menthols."
"*********."

Last edited:
dude, i laughed pretty hard at martinez chuckling after daryl called miton a butler

I want a spinoff with Daryl and Martinez's wacky adventures.

But what I loved with them was how little needed to be said in order for them to at least somewhat get along. When Martinez tells him about his family, and Daryl simply responds with "Sucks", Martinez genuinely seemed to appreciate his "sympathy".

I want a spinoff with Daryl and Martinez's wacky adventures.

But what I loved with them was how little needed to be said in order for them to at least somewhat get along. When Martinez tells him about his family, and Daryl simply responds with "Sucks", Martinez genuinely seemed to appreciate his "sympathy".
They would kill all the zombies then there wouldn't be a show.:dunno:cuckoo:

You know, I probably would be less harsh on this show if the fans weren't too over the top with it.

It's a good show. But far from the greatest show ever made. It's got problems. And no one seems to ever notice them.

It irks me. It irks me hard. And when it's good, it's good. And I have always given it praise for that.

Why do you care so much about other people's opinions?

I have my opinion of this show and you have yours. I couldn't give two ****s if they are the same or not as your opinion is just that, yours, and has no bearing on my opinion. Why can't you see things this way?

Why does the fact that others heap high praises on this show, while you find fault after fault with it cause you such consternation?

Why do you care so much about other people's opinions?

I have my opinion of this show and you have yours. I couldn't give two ****s if they are the same or not as your opinion is just that, yours, and has no bearing on my opinion. Why can't you see things this way?

Why does the fact that others heap high praises on this show, while you find fault after fault with it cause you such consternation?

:exactly::goodpost:

Back