The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the Zombie Run in Philly this morning. Hell of a lot of fun if one comes near you.
001598x800_zpsc334034f.jpg

Witnessed one of those in Providence about 5 or 6 years ago, was kind of funny as I had never heard of it before. There was a pretty big crowd back then, but it must be huge now with the success of TWD.

I bet they also have Zombie killers now instead of just zombies.

I'm glad they didn't take Andrea down the comic's course because she and Rick had ZERO on screen chemistry.

I'm actually kind of glad they killed her off now so I don't have to continue watching them rape the character.

They wanted Andrea to basically be the group tramp. Sleeping with Shane, the Gov.........and Dale and Rick too?

Blah.

Those last two are her relationships in the comic book.

They should drop the unpredictability shtick for a while until stories get close to having an honest close.

I mean, that's all fun...but when you waste potential on characters, even ****ty ones I hate...it's frustrating.

Anyone read this?

https://www.tvguide.com/news/walking-dead-michael-rooker-merle-death-1063201.aspx?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=yahoo&profileid=tv2

Guess Rooker thought Merle being offed stunk and that it was unfortunate. He thought Merle had a ton of potential too.

I like how the writers do that. Once you start to get to see a little more about a character or they open up a bit and have some potential, they're immediately killed off. I loled when Axel got blown away. Why did they even bother including him in the show? :lol

I hated seeing Merle die. I would've loved to hear about his and Daryl's backstory. Same with Andrea and Michonne's.

Do they have those in the comics?

I hated seeing Merle die. I would've loved to hear about his and Daryl's backstory. Same with Andrea and Michonne's.

Do they have those in the comics?

There was a short backstory for Michonne but that was published in Playboy magazine.

They should drop the unpredictability shtick for a while until stories get close to having an honest close.

I mean, that's all fun...but when you waste potential on characters, even ****ty ones I hate...it's frustrating.

I would say thats exactly what the finale did given the current formula.
No being overrun and forced out as their home burns, no dead bad guy, no Rick seeing visions, no Carl being a *****, no Ricktatorship.

Save for Andrea who needed to be gone, I don't see her as having ever been written well. She wanted to kill herself in s1, instead Dale rescued her only to be told to f himself, she banged Shane and basically helped him come to terms with the fact that he wanted to kill Rick. And than she banged the Governor even after she knew what he was upto. And abandoned Michonne and the rest of the group.

I like how the writers do that. Once you start to get to see a little more about a character or they open up a bit and have some potential, they're immediately killed off.

Walking Dead! Gotta Kill 'Em All!

Yes, and while killing The Governor was something I hoped for, if they do have an actual story to tell, then I'm game.

I just think they need to really wait until the character has reached their height, and then send them off. If they kill off Beth next season, without giving her a purpose...well, that's just not right.

Anyone read this?

https://www.tvguide.com/news/walking-dead-michael-rooker-merle-death-1063201.aspx?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=yahoo&profileid=tv2

Guess Rooker thought Merle being offed stunk and that it was unfortunate. He thought Merle had a ton of potential too.

I like how the writers do that. Once you start to get to see a little more about a character or they open up a bit and have some potential, they're immediately killed off. I loled when Axel got blown away. Why did they even bother including him in the show? :lol

They are trying to manufacture drama. After ignoring the characters they know they are going to kill off they finally decide to develop them at the end so there's some drama when they die. I'd much prefer it if they would spend more time on all the characters throughout the show so it's not so obvious what they are doing.

Back