The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the comic has been going on for how long now?

how many of the original characters are still alive? after all this time?

shouldn't your post mean that Rick should have been gone a long time ago?

Rick, Andrea and Carl.

Daryl isn't in the comic is he?

Someone uses a Crossbow, but no not the same guy.

And I'd also like to add, I don't think Kirkman really knows how to run a TV show. Comics and TV shows aren't the same thing. Similar in structure, sure. Serial based stories shown in increments on a weekly or monthly basis. But the problem with his whole "No one is safe" thing is, people don't watch TV shows to watch TV shows. They watch TV shows to watch characters and stories. They want to know what happens to them. And yes, sometimes it IS good to kill off a loved character, if only can create drama organically.

If all Kirkman wants to do is routinely **** with the fans with their favorite character, I have to say...that's not right. T-Dogg got a huge following, almost ironically, because he literally did next to nothing. Yet, they kill him off.....for no reason. Outside of the semi ironic love for T-Dogg, no one, not even the characters of the show, gave a ****.

Same with Andrea. They spent an entire season giving her an arc...only to have her die for no reason, and no purpose. This isn't real life, Kirkman. It's a story. Stories do need to have purpose. But I'm pretty sure her death was just another case of behind the scenes drama, just like Dale's was. Which made his death pretty lame in my opinion. They wrote his character so obnoxiously stupid in those last few episodes, and killed him off because he was mad about Darabont. They killed Andrea because the fans hated her, because the writers wrote her horribly. So because of that, the actress got death threats, and had to leave/was booted from the show.

So hopefully they can get their **** together soon.

:exactly:
As I said earlier, he completely reverted from the Ricktator, with how he handled wanting to turn Michonne over to the Governor.
Yes. Pretty much. Ricktator character should've came to be after a few seasons. Not a few episodes.

no :/

Even more reason not to do anything to him.... At least everyone else was in the Comic, But AMC would be stupid to do anything to both a fan favorite and an original character.

I wish they kept his brother around longer. I think they missed good story opportunities by killing him off so soon after bringing him back.

I think Rick will make a turnaround.

T-Dogg got a huge following, almost ironically, because he literally did next to nothing. Yet, they kill him off.....for no reason. Outside of the semi ironic love for T-Dogg, no one, not even the characters of the show, gave a ****.

Uh... T-dog didn't really have a huge following until he died. Most people even forgot he was on the show until he spoke up about Randal. "Oh, yeah, he's still alive! Forgot about him." :lol

Uh... T-dog didn't really have a huge following until he died. Most people even forgot he was on the show until he spoke up about Randal. "Oh, yeah, he's still alive! Forgot about him." :lol

No. He had a following before he died. Like I said, it was almost ironic. All the T-Dogg memes, the videos, not to mention him not doing anything was the biggest complaint about the show. And then he died, and people were very confused.

Oh, and then mild racism happened. :lol

I think if they kill Daryl it will be when the show starts to fade out, and they all do. To do it now would be downright stupid unless Norman wants off the show, and since Rick is a weak character right now.

No. He had a following before he died. Like I said, it was almost ironic. All the T-Dogg memes, the videos, not to mention him not doing anything was the biggest complaint about the show. And then he died, and people were very confused.

Oh, and then mild racism happened. :lol

Most of that came after. :wink1:

I think if they kill Daryl it will be when the show starts to fade out, and they all do. To do it now would be downright stupid unless Norman wants off the show, and since Rick is a weak character right now.

:goodpost: As it stands right now, the lead character is too incompetent to carry the show.

I remember it very clearly during Season 2's run.

You can see one in here...but my meme is the first one on the list, so im posting it. :lol

https://www.funnyordie.com/slideshows/42066e4cb3/34-funniest-walking-dead-memes-from-season-2

enhanced-buzz-17528-1332274797-6.jpg

enhanced-buzz-9028-1332275327-5.jpg

After he died, it shot up. But he was 'loved' before that. :lol

:goodpost: As it stands right now, the lead character is too incompetent to carry the show.

I think they can kill Daryl off if they bolster Rick's character this season.

Oh they can do anything they want to, but when there's web pages concerning it and fan messages boards warning them not to, I think they better think twice.

And believe me, it's not just fangirls.

I should be more excited than I am currently about the start of season 4. Season 1 and 2 were great and so was the start of season 3 but it kind of fell flat towards the end of season 3.

Hopefully Season 4 can rekindle that excitement.

I should be more excited than I am currently about the start of season 4. Season 1 and 2 were great and so was the start of season 3 but it kind of fell flat towards the end of season 3.

Hopefully Season 4 can rekindle that excitement.

I feel the same. The anticlimactic end to season 3 was a major let down.

The first 4 episodes of season 3 were awesome.

Where will the story continue... Is it just going to be the case of everyone living their lives in the prison and then most likely a walker attack etc etc.

The whole governor was just weakly executed. I prefer the less nuanced flat out hateful version of the comic 100 times more. He was terrifying the less human he was. Also so many good stories from the prison got sacrificed in order to make room for the TV governor and that was a mistake too.

I feel the same. The anticlimactic end to season 3 was a major let down.

The first 4 episodes of season 3 were awesome.

Goddamn right. The 2nd half dragged it's *** with filler for so long until FINALLY Rick confronts the Governor.

The whole governor was just weakly executed. I prefer the less nuanced flat out hateful version of the comic 100 times more. He was terrifying the less human he was. Also so many good stories from the prison got sacrificed in order to make room for the TV governor and that was a mistake too.

:exactly::lecture

You know right from the get go that he's a monster in the comic. The amount of torture and sadism he commits is insane. And... at least in the comic, how many
characters he's killed off from the Prison. Him beheading Tyreese shocked the **** out of me. And the way he kills Hershel disturbed me.

Back