The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woodbury on the show is nothing compared to the comic version

:lecture

It was a cesspool in the comic.

Although I agree (for the most part) with the complaints about the crappy writing and character development and it's something nice for us to discuss here, based on the numbers/ratings, the masses disagree.

...and it's never stopped me from watching the show. :lol

I feel like it's going to turn into Dexter with Zombies.

Its pretty clear to me that the show has been a victim of its own success.

The reason Breaking Bad was given so much latitude has more to do with timing than anything else. It was the networks first show. In a time when AMC didn't meddle with their products. Like Madmen, BrBa was allowed to grow into itself and find its voice naturally. Ratings were accepted. Whatever they were.

With TWD AMC's alsways been about 'showing them the money'. They gave Frank Durabont 6 episodes and wouldnt even give him the common courtesy of another season... What if Matthew Weiner and Vince Gilligan had been shown the door after season 1 of their series!?! As good as BrBA is--and in my mind thats the best ever--the first season wasn't exactly a massive hook point. The show really didnt hit its stride until season 2.

AMC has meddled WAAAAAY too much in TWD. Right from the beginning. I was actually okay with the Durabont firing/Mazzarra take-over because I thought that once we got into the meat of Mazzarra's episodes (second half of season 2, first wuarter of season 3) is when the shows been its absolute best. That didnt last. Its a shame.

I think the biggest problem with season 3 is they were too worried about bringing the Governor back in season 4 for anything of substance to happen in season 3.

The highest point of season 3 was Merle's death, and that's it. Lori's wasn't really anything and Andrea was wanted by fans to die :lol

I seems like they're pretty close to writing the show into a corner that it can't get out of

How so? There is a world of countless storylines they can use from here. No need to be confined strictly to the comic. In fact, I prefer they break new ground in the show as much as possible.

How so? There is a world of countless storylines they can use from here. No need to be confined strictly to the comic. In fact, I prefer they break new ground in the show as much as possible.

They can't do that right, they tried to do that the most last season and it was a bust.

I think the biggest problem with season 3 is they were too worried about bringing the Governor back in season 4 for anything of substance to happen in season 3.

The highest point of season 3 was Merle's death, and that's it. Lori's wasn't really anything and Andrea was wanted by fans to die :lol

Eh? The Lori death episode was the best of the season. Very tense and a great final scene.

Tried to avoid all spoilers and have done well, so far. My favourite is the actor Norman Reedus. I have met him at the Comic Con in the summer 2013. He did tell us some news regarding season 4 but nothing to give anything away. No spoilers. Good for him.

Overrated character :lol

He didn't do anything in season 3 aside from wear a poncho and squint.

tumblr_inline_mtghi4nf7W1r3kh5i.gif

:lol

Its pretty clear to me that the show has been a victim of its own success.

The reason Breaking Bad was given so much latitude has more to do with timing than anything else. It was the networks first show. In a time when AMC didn't meddle with their products. Like Madmen, BrBa was allowed to grow into itself and find its voice naturally. Ratings were accepted. Whatever they were.

With TWD AMC's alsways been about 'showing them the money'. They gave Frank Durabont 6 episodes and wouldnt even give him the common courtesy of another season... What if Matthew Weiner and Vince Gilligan had been shown the door after season 1 of their series!?! As good as BrBA is--and in my mind thats the best ever--the first season wasn't exactly a massive hook point. The show really didnt hit its stride until season 2.

AMC has meddled WAAAAAY too much in TWD. Right from the beginning. I was actually okay with the Durabont firing/Mazzarra take-over because I thought that once we got into the meat of Mazzarra's episodes (second half of season 2, first wuarter of season 3) is when the shows been its absolute best. That didnt last. Its a shame.

I remember reading ( I think it was here)

that the problem is that AMC Fully owns Walking Dead while they didn't fully own Breaking bad or mad men,

So they couldn't mess with BB or MM the way they can mess with Walking Dead, With Walking Dead there is no stopping them on what idiotic decisions they make.

I don't know who else owns Breaking Bad, but I clearly remember reading how AMC keeps messing up with Walking Dead because there is no one telling them not to do bad things.

Back