The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I meant was that the mask would include the eyeshadow area. I would technically be part of the mask, but sculpted to be the skin painted black. Not sure how well it would work, but considering the fact HT can make a removable pipe for Davy Jones and cigar for Dutch and not have the sculpt affected in the slightest makes me think they could pull of the removable mask. If not, there is a lot of potential for Comedian variants!

I'm not too sure about removable masks like that--in the movie the masks were held on with glue, I don't think there would be a practical and realistic way to do that with figures. And I'm just fine with multiple heads.

Actually it'd be pretty easy to do a proper removable mask if they wanted too, they can do it like DCD does their COMIC figures, which is where their removable mask setup for comedien came from, difference is the comic figure masks have the eyes in the mask since they have white eyes, like green lantern, and green arrow:
https://www.cooltoyreview.com/DCD_13Deluxe_GreenArrow.asp

You'd just have the blacked out eye and then the painted eyeball in the mask, if they can do them on DCD and make them realistic with white eyes just imagine it with iris painted on and its pretty much the same.

It CAN be done, i just dont know if HT will do it. Even as of late with some of their better figures their accessories have lacked. Generally only the most important bits. I'd expect a comedian with maybe two heads, masked and unmasked, one scarred one not. I mean really you consider it, not scarred masked is basic comedian, scarred unmasked is veitnam post comedian whatever you like.

Im not holding my breath for the wide selection of accessories listed by folks here, and while i dont think its wrong ot suggest them hoping HT sees it, i dont expect HT to includ anywhere near that much stuff with their figures.

Expect more full figure, couple sets of hands, extra head, and one or two basic accessories, rorshach would probably be grapnel gun and journal, maybe a cloth mask, niteowl would be lazer, and a pulled down mask, comedian his guns, that kind of thing, each figure obviously coming with an extra unmasked head but thats about it.

I'm hoping with characters like The Comedian and Ozymandias where they have the classic facepaint on under the domino mask that they either do it and make the masks non removable or offer separate heads. The fact that The Comedian doesn't have the paint under the DCD domino really bugs me.....It should have been done in two heads.

PictureorVideo029.jpg

a funny thing about the blood stain. as i was doing this modification i sliced my thumb with an exacto knife. and as i watched the blood drip out of my thumb and into my palm i thought it would be pretty cool to actually put real blood on his coat. i may actually go back and paint a more accurate blood stain but i thought it looked pretty cool. :naughty

Do you not realize how disgusting that is?

*wipes brow* ok as i promised about a million pages ago when we were talking about the 6 inch rorschach i finished my custom job. we were on the topic of how bad the articulation was and that he couldnt stand up without that stupid stand they packaged with him. so i decided i wasnt going to let this figure go to waste.

here are some pictures of what i came up with. if you want an in depth explanation of what I did i can post that as well.

a funny thing about the blood stain. as i was doing this modification i sliced my thumb with an exacto knife. and as i watched the blood drip out of my thumb and into my palm i thought it would be pretty cool to actually put real blood on his coat. i may actually go back and paint a more accurate blood stain but i thought it looked pretty cool. :naughty

Nice use of the Joker's legs from the Movie Masters series. :lol

After seeing the film now, here is what i think the three "announced" figures should come with.

The Comedian
- younger, Vietnam headsculpt w/ removable mask
- older, scared older headsculpt w/ removable mask
- highly detailed Comedian outfit w/ smiley face button
- 2 smiley face pistols
- grenade launcher
- blow torch
- attachable flame
- sniper rifle
- cigar (fits in either head)
- flask
- glass of booze
- many sets of interchangeable hands

* Limited Bathrobe variant w/ much older headsculpt

Nite Owl II
- masked headsculpt w/ removeable goggles
- unmaksed headsculpt w/ attachable mask around his neck
- snow outfit mask (headsculpt?)
- highly detailed Nite Owl outfit
- snow outfit cape and gloves
- owlarang (or whatever his moon batarang is called)
- many sets of interchangeable hands
- Comedian's bloody button, rain smeared

Rorschach
- masked headsculpt w/ removable hat
- unmasked headsculpt
- cloth mask (for holding in hand with unmasked head or half masked eating beans look)
- highly detailed Rorschach outfit with trenchcoat
- grappling hook gun
- cleaver
- can of beans and spoon
- aerosol can
- lighter
- attachable flame
- journal
- flashlight
- Comedian's bloody button
- many sets of interchangable hands

I love your list Buttmunch, but knowing Hot Toys, we'll be extremely lucky to get even half of that stuff with the figures. That's one area where I wish Hot Toys would step it up. They really like to use the extras for future milkings of characters. Shame.

Okay here is the stock look (thanks to Angry Orc providing it.)

I hated it. The hairstyle didn't match the young Comedian whose hair was like this:

jeffrey_dean_morgan_as_the_comedian_watchmen_movie_image1.jpg

or like this:

the-comedian.jpg

The hairstyle was more a kin to the older Comedian from the 1985 look. Not to mention the lack of paint under the domino mask. So my wife has been dying to get into the action figure game so she took a shot at aging my Comedian.

So here is the final product.

MyComedian001.jpg

MyComedian002.jpg

MyComedian005.jpg

MyComedian009.jpg

I love it!

I think we'll get comic "Watchmen" figures once the movie-related stuff starts to dry up.

Possible since DC Direct is making sure that it is listed as Watchmen Movie: The Comedian, etc. You'd think if nothing else was in the works they'd just label is Watchmen: The Comedian.

Looking good, mike! I guess that's good enough, until HT releases their version.

Okay here is the stock look (thanks to Angry Orc providing it.)

I hated it. The hairstyle didn't match the young Comedian whose hair was like this:

jeffrey_dean_morgan_as_the_comedian_watchmen_movie_image1.jpg

or like this:

the-comedian.jpg

The hairstyle was more a kin to the older Comedian from the 1985 look. Not to mention the lack of paint under the domino mask. So my wife has been dying to get into the action figure game so she took a shot at aging my Comedian.

So here is the final product.

MyComedian001.jpg

MyComedian002.jpg

MyComedian005.jpg

MyComedian009.jpg

I love it!

So Blake still wears the small mask after he's been scarred? Seems like a big, disfiguring scar on your face would be a dead giveaway secret identity wise.

Back