The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They re hinting massively at it on their Facebook page."Who is Hot Toys watching?"

If HT does do a Rorschach, will it come with 2 heads, or just a removable mask? Either way, I'd display it masked.

I would say 2 heads, it's hard enough trying to get a hat to work on a character, much less have the sculpt plus the removable mask. The head would probably be too small that way. Although hopefully they make a small dummy head with a removable mask so you can have Kovacs holding the mask.

rorschachlit.jpg

What bout the comedian?

There are:

Young comedian
Grey hair comedian
Gimp mask comedian
Unmasked comedian

So can we expect 4 different head sculpts, then?

I would say 2 heads, it's hard enough trying to get a hat to work on a character, much less have the sculpt plus the removable mask. The head would probably be too small that way. Although hopefully they make a small dummy head with a removable mask so you can have Kovacs holding the mask.

I could see a young and old Comedian sculpt with a removable mask and cigar. I think that would cover most of his looks. Of course, the Comedian (and Rorsachach) could have multiple figures like the Joker. Each coming with a new, different sculpt.

And just guessing, I would think the Comedian would have the Muscle body upper body because of his bare arms. He has about as much skin showing as Jack Krauser and he was on the muscle body.

Removable 'spirit like' mask or those gimp like full head mask?

I'm guessing we are only getting the grey haired comedian the first time around. As both DC direct ones and those from the movie posters and trailers are those of him with those grey sideburns.

And yes, the cigar would be a nice touch. At least my P1 dutch will have someone to keep him company in a closet of non smokers! Lol :D

I could see a young and old Comedian sculpt with a removable mask and cigar. I think that would cover most of his looks. Of course, the Comedian (and Rorsachach) could have multiple figures like the Joker. Each coming with a new, different sculpt.

And just guessing, I would think the Comedian would have the Muscle body upper body because of his bare arms. He has about as much skin showing as Jack Krauser and he was on the muscle body.

I'm guessing we are only getting the grey haired comedian the first time around. As both DC direct ones and those from the movie posters and trailers are those of him with those grey sideburns.

Actually DC Diect has a "Flashback" variant that is the young Comedian.

Removable 'spirit like' mask or those gimp like full head mask?

And yes, the cigar would be a nice touch. At least my P1 dutch will have someone to keep him company in a closet of non smokers! Lol :D

I thought he only wore the Spirit like mask in the film (I'm seeing it in three hours so I don't know yet)? If DCD can make that mask removable and still look nice, I don't see why HT can't. Heck, they can make a cigar removable and not have Arnold's face goofy looking without it!

But yeah, DCD made the grey haired the regular and the younger the variant. The younger one is too young for my tastes. Not gritty enough. I'd like a Vietnam era young sculpt. He looks awesome in the poster of him lighting his cigar with his flamethrower, so I'd like that and the older look to be included.
With a special, "super old" variant figure in a bath robe :D

And Rorschach bring up a whole different problem. Variant mask marking heads or an unmasked head, or both? Or could they pull off a cloth mask and included multiples with different markings? I could see a Prisoner Rorschach being made so that would give us the unmasked head, but the fact that his mask is constantly changing means everyone will have a different "face" they want made. Personally, I am quite fond of the DCD 7" figure's face. Not too much black and not too much white.

Well, the problem with the Spirit mask is, theres the black eye makeup...and that would look silly when the mask is taken off.

Just a couple of size comparisons between Hot Toys Two-face, DCD Sinestro and DCD Rorschach. He's relatively smaller than the rest of the Watchmen crew so it clocks in at about 12". Still not true 1/6 scale but atleast he's not so uber tall like the rest of the DCD 1/6 figures..

P1000788.jpg

P1000786.jpg

These were the initial prototypes based on the graphic novel by DC Direct. Canceled because of the planned release of the movie.. I'm hoping they reconsider producing these..

wa2.jpg

wa.jpg

wa1.jpg

Yes.

And I dont know if I want it any more. He's way too big. I guess i'll just wait for the HT one...:(

These were the initial prototypes based on the graphic novel by DC Direct. Canceled because of the planned release of the movie.. I'm hoping they reconsider producing these..

They were actually canceled because Alan Moore was still working with Wildstorm and DC didn't want to piss him off. These were intended for the 15th anniversary of the comic in 2001. DC had a 15th anniversary hardcover in the works too when Moore objected they pulled the plug because they didn't want him to bail on his Wildstorm stuff.

Well, he eventually did and now that DC doesn't have to worry about him freaking out and ruining current comic projects there's nothing stopping these figures.

DC owns the "Watchmen" rights (they always have) so there's nothing standing in the way of "Watchmen" merchandise. 8 years ago Moore's approval was a concern, now it's not.

I think we'll get comic "Watchmen" figures once the movie-related stuff starts to dry up.

And I dont know if I want it any more. He's way too big. I guess i'll just wait for the HT one...

I'll never get scale complaints. The figure is in scale with the Comedian and Dr. Manhattan. That's what matters. My Comedian and Dr. Manhattan figures (I don't have Rorschach yet, he should ship next week) both tower over my "Army of Darkness", "X-Files" and "Terminator" figures. That's not a concern because I see no reason why it should be in scale with unrelated figures.

I have 3.75" figures, 6" figures, 7" figures, 8" figures, 12" figures, 18" figures and probably more than a few in other miscellaneous scales and the only time scale is an issue is on something like McFarlane's Flukeman figure who is taller in a crouched position than McFarlane's Mulder and Scully.

Back