The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rorschach008.jpg

Nice!! Im going to look for a 1/6 cleaver!!

yeah they did a really bad job on that thing. its so much more pronounced in the film and book

So Blake still wears the small mask after he's been scarred? Seems like a big, disfiguring scar on your face would be a dead giveaway secret identity wise.

Its actually less pronounced in the film where you have to really look for it. Here is an old Comedian pic that my wife was focusing on while painting:

comedian.jpg

In the book its a serious scar that disfigures the Comedian.

comedianwyv.jpg

126265-27823-the-comedian.jpg

which is why he wears the Gimp mask. In the film because the gimp mask was written out the scar is less pronounced so its easier to hide by just the Domino mask... a lot of from initial injury goes into Morgan's natural smile lines

watchmen.comedian.bust.jpg

So Blake still wears the small mask after he's been scarred? Seems like a big, disfiguring scar on your face would be a dead giveaway secret identity wise.

The mask covers alot of it. The gimp mask still woulda been cool to see though.

Hot Toys posted the Watchmen trailer on their Facebook today. All this teasing is agonizing. :lol Hopefully I'll wake up to a newsletter from Hot Toys in the morning.

That all but official confirms they'll be making figures now. I wish we'd get figures and pics instead of just a "we got watchmen" announcement.

I think like TDK where they were forced to hold off because of DCD we'll get the announcement and the previews of whatever they'll put out. My only fear is that like TDK they'll do busts first and figures later.

I think DCD is why we haven't gotten the annoucement until now. With TDK, some had figures IN HAND before the film came out. I'm thinking once DCD releases Rorschach this wednesday, they will be done with the "1:6" line and let HT have at it.

nice pics mike! i actually painted in the eyes on my comedian as well the other day. it looks a ton better. i haven't messed witht he hair yet though.

Honestly I would say wait a couple of weeks and you'll find it cheap. The economy isn't helping much as Manhattan can be found for as low as $30 and I've seen The Comedian go in the high 60s.

Cool. I got the Commedian for about $50 shipped. I'm gonna wait for Rorschach because I don't think they will fly off the shelves on Wed.

Does every Toys r us have them for sale? One I went to didn't look like they carried any of them. They took them off their site, so I can't locate the sku or item number to call around and ask. Does anyone have the TRU item number?

Many TRUs have them in house, they just won't sell them until the official street date of 3/11. The site had them up early, it was a fluke and honored the orders. If you go to a brick and mortar though they won't do it. I would imagine on Thursday it'll appear on the site again.

Ah, okay. Good point. Maybe they just took them down and they didn't really sell out.

I will as well. If the prices come down enough I'll get one to display unmasked.

Back