The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were actually canceled because Alan Moore was still working with Wildstorm and DC didn't want to piss him off. These were intended for the 15th anniversary of the comic in 2001. DC had a 15th anniversary hardcover in the works too when Moore objected they pulled the plug because they didn't want him to bail on his Wildstorm stuff.

Well, he eventually did and now that DC doesn't have to worry about him freaking out and ruining current comic projects there's nothing stopping these figures.

DC owns the "Watchmen" rights (they always have) so there's nothing standing in the way of "Watchmen" merchandise. 8 years ago Moore's approval was a concern, now it's not.

I think we'll get comic "Watchmen" figures once the movie-related stuff starts to dry up.

Oops!! Sorry, I stand corrected. :horror

With HT's comment on their Facebook page, I'd think they'll make an announcement in this Monday's newsletter.

P1000788.jpg

P1000786.jpg

Thanks for the size comparison pics. I was at Toys R Us on Friday on my lunch break and they had 2 of the DC Direct 13" Rorschach figures. I love the character and the figure looked nice so I tried to buy it. When I went to checkout they refused to sell it to me. They said the release date is the 11th and they can sell it to me then. I left empty handed and disappointed. After your pics I kinda want it more.

Last edited:
These were the initial prototypes based on the graphic novel by DC Direct. Canceled because of the planned release of the movie.. I'm hoping they reconsider producing these..

wa2.jpg

wa.jpg

wa1.jpg

I hope not. Those look like crap. I say they need to make a new attempt at the comic figures. These would have been OK back then, but DCD has gotten so much better lately that they need to start fresh on the comic line.

With HT's comment on their Facebook page, I'd think they'll make an announcement in this Monday's newsletter.

We are getting a newsletter Monday for sure? How'd you find out about that? HT's newsletters have been random at best.

After seeing the film now, here is what i think the three "announced" figures should come with.

The Comedian
- younger, Vietnam headsculpt w/ removable mask
- older, scared older headsculpt w/ removable mask
- highly detailed Comedian outfit w/ smiley face button
- 2 smiley face pistols
- grenade launcher
- blow torch
- attachable flame
- sniper rifle
- cigar (fits in either head)
- flask
- glass of booze
- many sets of interchangeable hands

* Limited Bathrobe variant w/ much older headsculpt

Nite Owl II
- masked headsculpt w/ removeable goggles
- unmaksed headsculpt w/ attachable mask around his neck
- snow outfit mask (headsculpt?)
- highly detailed Nite Owl outfit
- snow outfit cape and gloves
- owlarang (or whatever his moon batarang is called)
- Comedian's bloody button, rain smeared

Rorschach
- masked headsculpt w/ removable hat
- unmasked headsculpt
- cloth mask (for holding in hand with unmasked head or half masked eating beans look)
- highly detailed Rorschach outfit with trenchcoat
- grappling hook gun
- cleaver
- can of beans and spoon
- aerosol can
- lighter
- attachable flame
- journal
- flashlight
- Comedian's bloody button
- many sets of interchangable hands

Last edited:
*wipes brow* ok as i promised about a million pages ago when we were talking about the 6 inch rorschach i finished my custom job. we were on the topic of how bad the articulation was and that he couldnt stand up without that stupid stand they packaged with him. so i decided i wasnt going to let this figure go to waste.

here are some pictures of what i came up with. if you want an in depth explanation of what I did i can post that as well.

PictureorVideo012.jpg

PictureorVideo033.jpg

PictureorVideo029.jpg

a funny thing about the blood stain. as i was doing this modification i sliced my thumb with an exacto knife. and as i watched the blood drip out of my thumb and into my palm i thought it would be pretty cool to actually put real blood on his coat. i may actually go back and paint a more accurate blood stain but i thought it looked pretty cool. :naughty

Yes that sounds good. Although I have yet to see the movie, been delayed for one more month :(

How would the removeable mask work though. Since the one that the spirit is sporting on isn't removeable. Besides, wouldn't it look too thick if they are removeable?

After seeing the film now, here is what i think the three "announced" figures should come with.

The Comedian
- younger, Vietnam headsculpt w/ removable mask
- older, scared older headsculpt w/ removable mask
- highly detailed Comedian outfit w/ smiley face button
- 2 smiley face pistols
- grenade launcher
- blow torch
- attachable flame
- sniper rifle
- cigar (fits in either head)
- flask
- glass of booze

* Limited Bathrobe variant w/ much older headsculpt

Nite Owl II
- masked headsculpt w/ removeable goggles
- unmaksed headsculpt w/ attachable mask around his neck
- snow outfit mask (headsculpt?)
- highly detailed Nite Owl outfit
- snow outfit cape and gloves
- owlarang (or whatever his moon batarang is called)
- Comedian's bloody button, rain smeared

Rorschach
- masked headsculpt w/ removable hat
- unmasked headsculpt
- cloth mask (for holding in hand with unmasked head or half masked eating beans look)
- highly detailed Rorschach outfit with trenchcoat
- grappling hook gun
- cleaver
- can of beans and spoon
- aerosol can
- lighter
- attachable flame
- journal
- flashlight
- Comedian's bloody button
- many sets of interchangable hands

Yes that sounds good. Although I have yet to see the movie, been delayed for one more month :(

How would the removeable mask work though. Since the one that the spirit is sporting on isn't removeable. Besides, wouldn't it look too thick if they are removeable?

DCD's mask is removeable and doesn't look to big in pics (and things usually look worse in pics than in person). The mask is thicker that the Spirit's anyway. Plus the Spirit's mask didn't come off in the movie but the Comedian's did. I'm actually really looking forward to a Comedian figure, almost as much as a Rorschach.

Any pics of the DCD ones?

Yeah, same here. Cause the comedian come with a lot of accessories. And a cigar too :D

DCD's mask is removeable and doesn't look to big in pics (and things usually look worse in pics than in person). The mask is thicker that the Spirit's anyway. Plus the Spirit's mask didn't come off in the movie but the Comedian's did. I'm actually really looking forward to a Comedian figure, almost as much as a Rorschach.

I'm for Rorschach, the Comedian and Night Owl for sure, with Rorschach being the one I would want the most.

I might or might not buy a Silk Spectre (Laurie), depending on funds.....

Any others would be passes.

To be fair, it is DCD. I'm sure HT would find a way to get the mask to have the eyeshadow makeup included with it. Its only done in real life so the actors can actually see out of the mask, a figure won't have that problem.

But then again, HT's watchmen figures are based on the movie. So they have to be movie-accurate; not comic accurate.

This is why the HT tdk and oc batman still has those eyeshadow makeups.

To be fair, it is DCD. I'm sure HT would find a way to get the mask to have the eyeshadow makeup included with it. Its only done in real life so the actors can actually see out of the mask, a figure won't have that problem.

Back