The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most of the changes are for the better, imo.......I was initally against the idea of your items replacing themselves when you mediate, but on the higher difficulty setting, its worth it....Griffin wasn't too bad........really enjoying just exploring and looking for all those '?'

Way nicer job on the monsters this time around. Witcher 2 was really much more focused on the drama of the land leading to this point than it was on as many monsters. They were there, but not to this degree...

Ugh...been spending the past few weeks hunting down the collector's. I'm almost thinking it aint worth the hassle. And depends if I can get the Batman PS4, because now I don't know if I want it on Xbox or PS. :gah:

Ok, the main story is way longer than I thought. I thought I was about to beat the game and it seems it was only the half way point. Good stuff, but I do feel like it's dragging a bit at this point. Some of the earlier quests seemed a little tedious for no reason now that everything is in full swing.

Currently just passed the '4 days' played mark :)

Sort of irritated they just released the Witcher wolf school gear as 'free DLC' now, a month after release.
....its free ...but this is obviously an example of holding content back. The other Witcher schools were all in the game and everyone questioned why the wolf school (Gerald's own school) was missing with no explanation.

I haven't finished yet so I'm slowly going through to get all the wolf gear ...seems important for Geralt to wear that while finishing the game: )

(Currently in all Bear master gear and weapons)

Last edited:
Patch 1.07 coming to all platforms that comes with a ton of fixes and interesting new additions. In a post on the forums, CDProjektRed has posted the major features:

• A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
  • A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
  • Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
  • Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
  • Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
  • Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
  • Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
  • A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
  • Various improvements to horse behavior.
These are not full patch notes, but some pretty cool stuff is on the list!

The game definitely needs more organization and sorting options. It's a shame how archaic the item and alchemy menus look in Witcher 2 and 3 compared to the first game. Also, upon playing Witcher 3, I was stunned that there was no way for Geralt to store his items - he has to carry EVERYTHING on him at all times.

Patch 1.07 coming to all platforms that comes with a ton of fixes and interesting new additions. In a post on the forums, CDProjektRed has posted the major features:

• A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
  • A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
  • Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
  • Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
  • Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
  • Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
  • Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
  • A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
  • Various improvements to horse behavior.
These are not full patch notes, but some pretty cool stuff is on the list!

That just really pi***s me off.
They worked on this game for 5 years .... they couldn't figure out proper inventory management systems or the fact stash locations would have been useful?
Now they fix it? We aren't talking about an MMO with balancing issues and player exploits they couldn't have foreseen.

It's always best to start play games a month or two after release :lecture.

I just made it to Novigrad.. while leaving a lot to sides quests still in Velen because of my level .. so I'm far from finishing the game and the patch is very welcomed at this stage for me :)

That just really pi***s me off.
They worked on this game for 5 years .... they couldn't figure out proper inventory management systems or the fact stash locations would have been useful?
Now they fix it? We aren't talking about an MMO with balancing issues and player exploits they couldn't have foreseen.
Yeah they should just leave as it is....

They can take their free dlc and shove it too [emoji38]

I just made it to Novigrad.. while leaving a lot to sides quests still in Velen because of my level .. so I'm far from finishing the game and the patch is very welcomed at this stage for me :)
Same I just got to novigrad last night finally! I just kept detouring to investigating every question mark. My god this game is sooo massive that I can almost play it all night.

Try and get delusion to the next level. Great xp, and saves you money from bribing.

Upgraded to enhanced griffin set and I'm cruising through side quests.

I thought I screwed up during the tower of mice quest and baron quest wow just tough decisions.... upgrades are welcome improvement to this amazing game.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Yeah they should just leave as it is....
They can take their free dlc and shove it too [emoji38]

No I'm saying it should be correct to begin with. We are not talking about something that was difficult to setup in the first place.
As I said, basic systems should already be in place. I'll always forgive enormous games when they have some bugs (hello Bethesda!) in random quests ...but base inventory systems are something the game is built with that should be there from minute 1 of playing. Not much to ask.
I got a lot of crashes at the end of Witcher 3 but that was 100hrs+ of decision making in .... I understand, no annoyance here at that.

Their free DLC is a whole other issue ..... in that its not really true DLC at all but stuff that was left off the the game at launch to act as a form of copy protection later. The haircuts were part of Witcher 2 .... but now they are a bonus DLC? Wolf armor (being Geralts own school) mysteriously missing? Come on..... :D
I don't have a problem with companies operating in such a way if it helps them avoid piracy but I'm not going to stand and applaud as if they have done something amazing.
And I wouldn't use 'shove their DLC' as a phrase, but I have no interest in turning on the game again for another set of armor or a different sword.

I will be back in 2016 though to play the 2 expansions since that's real new content. Don't mind paying whatever they want to charge there either as I'm sure it will be great.

Last edited:
What I really want, and I'm sure a lot of you will agree with me, is a New Game +! I can see myself playing this game multiple times and choosing different decisions but I want to do it with all my previous hard work on Geralt.

Same I just got to novigrad last night finally! I just kept detouring to investigating every question mark. My god this game is sooo massive that I can almost play it all night.

Try and get delusion to the next level. Great xp, and saves you money from bribing.

Upgraded to enhanced griffin set and I'm cruising through side quests.

I thought I screwed up during the tower of mice quest and baron quest wow just tough decisions.... upgrades are welcome improvement to this amazing game.

lol yeah I'm with you.. its so massive.. its crazy.. the Baron quest was fantastic !!! love it !! I killed the tree thing and hoped it was the right decision ..at the end.. all were "happy" ...

about the mice .. all went well at the end for me as well there..for my "bitchh" lol

lol yeah I'm with you.. its so massive.. its crazy.. the Baron quest was fantastic !!! love it !! I killed the tree thing and hoped it was the right decision ..at the end.. all were "happy" ...

about the mice .. all went well at the end for me as well there..for my "bitchh" lol
Yeah didn't matter for tower of mice what to chose since he dies either but I have no clue what I released! Damn my good conscious and I helped her.

Baron quest is weird quest since there is no "good end" I choose to screw the orphans and saved ann and the village. Baron deserved a second chance. Check back with him. I don't wanna spoil it.

Same quest with triss getting tortured, I just wanted to to butcher all those witch hunters.

Kinda what why I played mass effect series to death. twice since some chooses I made didn't have an effect during first game but the impact in 2 or 3 was O M G... like killing wrex impacted my renegade play though ME3 just a masterpiece of game.

Back