The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe only when riding and fighting on horse.

I did 3 or so side quests in white orchard before continuing on the main quest what brought me to Velen... Im still level 4 ... you guys think I moved on to fast and should do more in Orchard before continuing ??
I see more and more quests and "things to fight" that are higher levels then me in Velen...

No I went to Velen at 4. Now 13 and still there. Getting high quests is just part of it. I think the first contract I picked up upon arriving was level 33.

oh ok.. so you can take on higher levels .. just have to figure out how to beat them ?

Yes.
They allow you to run into and higher level stuff, up to you if you want to try to wait until higher level.
I am usually down to try to fight higher level stuff, but as soon as I see a red skull by the name, I just turn around.

I think the trophies always apply to you. Least I hope so, I never use the dumb horse.
I will take note next time, try to kill two things the same level, one with a trophy, one without.

I mean you do not need to be on your horse to take advantage of the higher carrying capacity.
Blinders and Saddles only even apply to the horse, so experience would be the only question.

What I do in a lot of MMOs/RPGs like this if I start getting too many quest too fast.
Go through the quest log, find the lowest level quest, do that one. Then start moving up the ladder.

Do you have to craft all your silver swords or can you find some? Im level 9 now this game is very long lol

You find em.

I never craft until max level.
Have yet to craft armor/weapons, all from drops and I sell everything.

Both weapons are relic level, as opposed to common.

Hit up the boards in towns, grab all the notes/quests.
They should open up more ? around the map. Go to each one.
Eventually better gear will come from drops and quests.

I'm one of those ignorants who is jumping into this without having played the first two. A soundtrack cd, stickers, a MANUAL , free dlc and paper map are included with the standard edition??

CDPR are giving the biggest of **** yous to the standard greedy devs of today:rock

I never played the first two either. I just heard how the first 2 where, seen and read how much bigger/better 3 was supposed to be, figured I would give it a go.

Least it is not like Diablo 3. Never played the first two. Heard how they were, thought 3 would be fun...wrong...

Got all of that in mine regular edition.

You find em.
I never craft until max level.
Have yet to craft armor/weapons, all from drops and I sell everything.
Both weapons are relic level, as opposed to common.
Hit up the boards in towns, grab all the notes/quests.
They should open up more ? around the map. Go to each one.
Eventually better gear will come from drops and quests.

I'm the exact opposite :D
Crafting materials in this game weigh nothing and its easy to just pick up all the materials you come across.
If you're doing all the sidequests in the game you end up with a ton of diagrams for equipment and its generally much. much better than what will be stocked in shops and found on opponents bodies (otherwise crafting has no purpose)

If you just pick up crafting materials as you go, you generally already have whatever materials you need at any given time, then when you find a new diagram for weapons or armor, you can automatically get it built at the nearest craftsman.

oh ok.. so you can take on higher levels .. just have to figure out how to beat them ?

To a certain extent, yes.
But if they are more than a few levels above you (say 5+) your weapons won't do much damage at all and larger monsters will be able to one shot kill you.

I've found its balanced pretty well though. You don't end up overpowered, it scales nicely, the quests mark a 'recommended level' to warn you and you only end up in an area where you have no chance if you purposely go in there :)

I'm one of those ignorants who is jumping into this without having played the first two. A soundtrack cd, stickers, a MANUAL , free dlc and paper map are included with the standard edition??

CDPR are giving the biggest of **** yous to the standard greedy devs of today:rock

Even their regular edition is like a LE. Aside from the whole downgrade issue, CDPR really went above and beyond here.

I never played the first two either. I just heard how the first 2 where, seen and read how much bigger/better 3 was supposed to be, figured I would give it a go.

Least it is not like Diablo 3. Never played the first two. Heard how they were, thought 3 would be fun...wrong...

Got all of that in mine regular edition.

You should really try out the first two games if you get the chance. The Wild Hunt appears in the first game, and they serve as a recurring enemy for Geralt.

I just watched a youtube recap of the first two like a lazy ****, I usually get bored with rpgs but the quality and range of quests in this are keeping me glued.

Geralt does walk a bit funny though, it's like an rpg tradition now :lol

He actually walks with a limp because one of his legs was crushed years before he lost his memory in Witcher 1 :lol. It's funny because he looks like he's shuffling with leg cramps sometimes. I've noticed in Witcher 1 and 2, Geralt moves more sluggishly than some of his enemies, and it's fairly easy for them to land attacks on him. I'm not sure if they translated his handicap for Witcher 3, though.

I received my Gwent cards and cloth map today from an Ebay scalper. These were only exclusive to the Xbone LE of The Witcher 3 :pow.

The cloth map is cheap canvas with printed ink, but the cards are good in quality - just like the Battletech cards I used to collect.

Now to find another lonely nerd to play some Gwent with me...

Map.jpg

Gwent.jpg

First encounter where someone challenged me to gwent I was like ain't nobody got time for dat good day sir.

But, you can make a lot of in-game money by doubling your bets. And if Geralt becomes very skilled at Gwent, he can play for thousands of Orens with more experienced Gwent players. It seems like a good time-saver, if you don't want to do the minor fetch-quests.

Gwent is amazing. I probably spend more time seeking people to play who I can get a card from then actually doing quests.

Xbox one cards are cool I wonder if every deck is random.

As far as I can tell from the Xbone cards, every deck includes all of the cards that you'd find in-game. So, there's no need to trade :lol.

It also comes with two identical decks; one for you, and another for a buddy.

Guys - I'm about 40 hours in and still in Velen. I've been completing the "main quests" and some secondary quests but have not really explored off the path to explore all the towns and place of interests, something I did in the first map before venturing to Vizima and now Velen.

I'm level 9 right now and by the looks of it, I'm close to finishing Velen Act 1 main quests. Is it not recommended to go to Novigrad until I 100% the rest of the Velen map if I want to aim for a good completion %? Is it correct to assume everything on Velen is suitable for my current level and if I were to go to Novigrad and come back, Velen quests and places I have not explored would become way to easy for me and in some cases, quests would disappear?

Any advice or thoughts appreciated...

Back