The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it correct to assume everything on Velen is suitable for my current level and if I were to go to Novigrad and come back, Velen quests and places I have not explored would become way to easy for me and in some cases, quests would disappear?

Any advice or thoughts appreciated...

So far, the only way I've seen quests fail/disappear is when you advance the story too much and therefore make the quests irrelevant e.g. the quest was having to talk to a certain character but 'cause the main story progressed, the advantage/purpose of talking to said character is no longer relevant.

Gotta admit that I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with all the quests, especially once we hit Novigrad and Skellige. There is just so much to do. I know it's impossible to do everything but even then, it's hard to decide what to tackle first. Also, the further we progress, the harder some of the choices are. Kinda wish I had romanced Triss more 'cause Ynnifer annoys me with her 'never consider the consequences and keeping things a secret' behaviour.

Out of curiousity, has anyone finished the game yet? I kinda have the feeling that we're reaching the end :
Spoiler Spoiler:
So without spoiling too much, can someone tell if we are getting close to the end : yes or no?

Last edited:
I am so loving this game right now. So deep. Kinda sucks that Batman is almost 2 weeks away since there is just so much to do, but I think I can handle it. :wink1:

Man I trailed off Dragon Age 3 at around 57hrs and soldiered on to hit 60 just to say I hit 60 :D

Witcher 3 I'm currently at 62 hours and haven't finished act 1 :D

So far, the only way I've seen quests fail/disappear is when you advance the story too much and therefore make the quests irrelevant e.g. the quest was having to talk to a certain character but 'cause the main story progressed, the advantage/purpose of talking to said character is no longer relevant.

Gotta admit that I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with all the quests, especially once we hit Novigrad and Skellige. There is just so much to do. I know it's impossible to do everything but even then, it's hard to decide what to tackle first. Also, the further we progress, the harder some of the choices are. Kinda wish I had romanced Triss more 'cause Ynnifer annoys me with her 'never consider the consequences and keeping things a secret' behaviour.

Out of curiousity, has anyone finished the game yet? I kinda have the feeling that we're reaching the end :
Spoiler Spoiler:
So without spoiling too much, can someone tell if we are getting close to the end : yes or no?

not yet .

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think I'm on the last mission. Which is only two or three main missions after the part you're at.

Btw, I encountered a cool easter egg to what will be Projekt Red's next game, Cyberpunk 2077.

The creature designs are so rad. Just met the 3 crones.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if any of you guys played The Witcher 2, but the Queen Endrega made me rage quit a few times last night :lol. I spent six hours planning and experimenting with different strategies, and I still haven't defeated the thing. The combat for that game is increasingly more difficult than the first game.

I'm not sure if any of you guys played The Witcher 2, but the Queen Endrega made me rage quit a few times last night :lol. I spent six hours planning and experimenting with different strategies, and I still haven't defeated the thing. The combat for that game is increasingly more difficult than the first game.

I just beat witcher 2 tonight...(really short game, surprisingly)....but yeah, they were tough at first. I had beefed up my Igni sign early on and pretty much used that while running circles kinda thing....also, they only follow you so far.......and once you figure it out, the AI will kinda just 'hold' at that edge......

I finished Story mode last night and I'm really happy with the ending we got:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Glad to see that Witcher 3 has been nicely modernized; even playing 2, there were a few 'old school' aspects that I am happy to see updated: much more functional map; able to place custom waypoint on map, etc

I just beat witcher 2 tonight...(really short game, surprisingly)....but yeah, they were tough at first. I had beefed up my Igni sign early on and pretty much used that while running circles kinda thing....also, they only follow you so far.......and once you figure it out, the AI will kinda just 'hold' at that edge......

Man, I just found out about the boundary at the edge last night :slap. Igni really didn't do enough damage, so I decided to plant Yarden near the boundry. When the Endrega stepped on the spell and became frozen, I attacked it from behind for more damage. I had my bomb abilities upgraded and I was able to use Grapeshot to do some damage as well. Took like 15 minutes to kill one Endrega Queen... pretty frustrating.

Glad to see that Witcher 3 has been nicely modernized; even playing 2, there were a few 'old school' aspects that I am happy to see updated: much more functional map; able to place custom waypoint on map, etc

One thing I'll say, going from Witcher 1 to Witcher 2, I noticed that the menu system was horribly downgraded in Witcher 2. Witcher 1 allowed custom map markers, and the inventory lists were so easy to use (no senseless scrolling thorough a hundred items, with bland-looking sub-menus).

The combat system is pretty clunky as well.

Last edited:
Slow Trap is surprisingly effective.

Upgrade for multiple, longer duration, and increased %.

45% slow that you can scatter or chain about, that last 30 secs each.

Can get so many swings in before you need to dodge out. Easy positioning.
That mixed with the HP restoring shield...making me want to try on max difficulty instead the-next-to max.

Solidus: glad you survived the queen..........

I was 'weirded out' by Witchers 3 and your need to equip abilities you already have, but I'm over it.............the only confusion: the trap sign at its default setting doesn't actually do anything.....other than make a pretty purple type circle?!

the only confusion: the trap sign at its default setting doesn't actually do anything.....other than make a pretty purple type circle?!

The default trap should slow enemies within that circle.

Back