The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see some PS4 footage- there's a few higher quality videos out there too, some have been compressed for YouTube and look bad.

Are any of you guys playing The Witcher 1 and 2 in preparation for this? I'll be getting this game in a few weeks with my pre-order, but I'm going to hold off playing it for a while, until I complete the first two. I've made a lot of progress in the first Witcher, and I should be finished with it soon. I figured, it makes absolutely no sense jumping into a sequel when I didn't even experience the full background story.

But, at least I'll be making good use of that Griffin statue, in the mean time :drool.

this game looks so stunning.. never played any of the series so I am glad they explain everting at the begin so I can jump right in :)

this game looks so stunning.. never played any of the series so I am glad they explain everting at the begin so I can jump right in :)

I haven't played any of them either but I might play them after Witcher 3 :)

I think that's just the wrong way to approach things. The game's basically the last part, in a vast storyline of a trilogy. And I can tell you from just playing a large portion of Witcher 1, that there's A LOT going on in the story. It goes for any long-running franchise, that you won't have same kind of experience, emotional impact, or be able to compare and contrast the evolution of the characters from just hearing and reading excerpts of what took place before. Plus, if there are any in-game Easter Eggs from Witcher 1 or 2, the references will just fly over your heads.

It's just my opinion, but I think you'll be doing a big disservice to yourselves by jumping into Witcher 3 head-first, without having any prior knowledge of the lore. I figure a lot of people are going to be doing that on release date, though...

Im going to have to, I have no other way to play the original two. The devs promised that the story will be accessible to new players, I think it's even list as one of the games features :lol I'm sure they're just saying that though, most devs do, but it's either I go into part 3 with no knowledge of the series or I don't buy the game, I'm going to have to go with the former on this since there is barely anything good to play on my PS4 right now. I'm desperate :lol

Yeah, I think CD Projekt Red is just saying that to market the game to a wider audience :lol. I guess you can still have a great experience, but it's too bad that the previous two games won't be released on current gen. Just as a heads-up, though: if you ever install Steam, you can pick up Witcher 1 and 2 for dirt cheap, when they're on sale (which happens every like every month), and I bought both of them up combined for $5 last year on the annual summer sale :lol. The good thing is, you don't even need a powerful PC to run Witcher 1, either. It looks so dated, I think even a potato will be able to handle it.

Sadly I'm one of those that will jump right in to. I have no knowledge of the previous games so I'm glad they said this one will be easy for beginners

Since I was mentioning Steam sales earlier, here's another one.

The Witcher Enhanced Edition - $1.49
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition - $2.99

The Witcher Weekend Deal

I think that's just the wrong way to approach things. The game's basically the last part, in a vast storyline of a trilogy. And I can tell you from just playing a large portion of Witcher 1, that there's A LOT going on in the story. It goes for any long-running franchise, that you won't have same kind of experience, emotional impact, or be able to compare and contrast the evolution of the characters from just hearing and reading excerpts of what took place before. Plus, if there are any in-game Easter Eggs from Witcher 1 or 2, the references will just fly over your heads.

It's just my opinion, but I think you'll be doing a big disservice to yourselves by jumping into Witcher 3 head-first, without having any prior knowledge of the lore. I figure a lot of people are going to be doing that on release date, though...

you might be right.. but I just dont have the time for all that.. Im sure that witcher3 gonna take me about a year to finish :D With kids, 2 jobs.. there is not much time for gaming..

Are any of you guys playing The Witcher 1 and 2 in preparation for this? I'll be getting this game in a few weeks with my pre-order, but I'm going to hold off playing it for a while, until I complete the first two. I've made a lot of progress in the first Witcher, and I should be finished with it soon. I figured, it makes absolutely no sense jumping into a sequel when I didn't even experience the full background story.

But, at least I'll be making good use of that Griffin statue, in the mean time :drool.

Waste of time I think. Might as well read the wiki and just get suck in with witcher 3 straight up.

you might be right.. but I just dont have the time for all that.. Im sure that witcher3 gonna take me about a year to finish :D With kids, 2 jobs.. there is not much time for gaming..

Fair enough :lol. Games do take long. I've been on and off with the first Witcher game for months, but I'm nearly finished it.

Waste of time I think. Might as well read the wiki and just get suck in with witcher 3 straight up.

You can read the Wiki for anything and get caught up. But, it doesn't mean that you'll have the same quality of experience, as if you took the time to play the games, to become immersed in the lore, yourself. Unless you're very busy (or if you have no means of playing the games on a PC), then there's no reason to go immediately in the very last game for the series. That said, the video games are based on "The Witcher" novelization series from, Andrzej Sapkowski. The books serve as a continuous narrative, so you should take that into consideration for the games, too.

In any case, I'm very jealous of the long-time fans who'd be able to pick up this game, and play immediately from where they left off (they'll even be able to import their save files from Witcher 2).

Last edited:
Back