The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOTc7DHhMIs]Wolverine: A Film By Woody Allen - YouTube[/ame]
Besides the funny impression of Woody Allen, the girl pulls off a good Diane Keaton.

That's actually a good detailed article highlighting the various blockbusters which were deemed as flops, when in fact they weren't.

Also explains how sometimes early reviews and early audience reactions of films is used as basis to conclude a movie as a flop, even though the actual numbers tell a different story.

Saw it today. Better than the last movie. Question though since days of future past is supposed to erase the third movie does that mean the events in this movie won't occur??

Saw it today. Better than the last movie. Question though since days of future past is supposed to erase the third movie does that mean the events in this movie won't occur??

Time for Wolvie to dig up some old polaroids!

It'll likely retcon his bone claws and maybe the memory loss. Replace the adamantium bullet with his conscience being returned to the future.

I would love to see a Romulus storyline after he regains his memories

I reckon events will change around Wolverine, he'll remember events as they transpired from Origins through to Days of Future Past, but everyone else will be of the altered timeline so for them it all happened differently.

So it will be canon, for Wolverine.

Finally got to see this tonight. Maybe I just overhyped myself going into it, but I was a bit disappointed. It started out really good, but then the 3rd act completely ****s the bed.

Why did they need to go the route of 'giant robot suit'? It almost seemed like they stopped production at that point and then brought back the team that did Origins to finish it up. The Viper chick was just as bad.

This is also probably the best example yet of 'changing for the sake of changing' I've seen in a Fox 'X' movie. A Silver Samurai that was more like the original version would've worked way better, and fit the tone that had already been established in the first 2/3 of the movie.

Its like the producers didn't respect the audience enough to just have a great character piece where Wolverine just happens to fight ninjas and a mutant in a samurai costume.

Everybody immediately started *****ing about Trevor after IM3, but to me this was just as bad. Where was the real Silver Samurai? He was in a half second dream sequence.

Still, it wasn't all bad. I think this was Jackman's best outing yet as Wolverine, and the supporting cast did very well too. Also, the after credit scene was probably the best out of any Marvel movie.

Finally got to see this tonight. Maybe I just overhyped myself going into it, but I was a bit disappointed. It started out really good, but then the 3rd act completely ****s the bed.

Why did they need to go the route of 'giant robot suit'? It almost seemed like they stopped production at that point and then brought back the team that did Origins to finish it up. The Viper chick was just as bad.

This is also probably the best example yet of 'changing for the sake of changing' I've seen in a Fox 'X' movie. A Silver Samurai that was more like the original version would've worked way better, and fit the tone that had already been established in the first 2/3 of the movie.

Its like the producers didn't respect the audience enough to just have a great character piece where Wolverine just happens to fight ninjas and a mutant in a samurai costume.

Everybody immediately started *****ing about Trevor after IM3, but to me this was just as bad. Where was the real Silver Samurai? He was in a half second dream sequence.

Still, it wasn't all bad. I think this was Jackman's best outing yet as Wolverine, and the supporting cast did very well too. Also, the after credit scene was probably the best out of any Marvel movie.
Just finished watching it and you took the words right out my mouth. They established the tone very nicely the first 3/4 of the movie, no idea why they had to completely flip it. Made me feel like I was suddenly watching another Wolverine movie.

Wish they had used the Silver Samuri that was in the dream sequence. Big thumbs down to whoever was the one who thought of the idea of using a robot suit instead.

Great after credit scene though. Got a huge cheer in my theater for that scene.

I have a question if anyone can answer it. How exactly did the father survive Vipors poison? He was dying in the little pond by the house and then suddenly he was gearing up and fighting wolverine with no damage to him as if the poison stab to the neck never happened. Did I miss something?

It wasn't clear at all, but it seems maybe her poison wasn't meant to kill him but instead made him go all roid rage and powerful for a bit.

Well there was that one weird line where she said something about she was immune to all poisons, and to men. Got kind of lesbo vibe from that.

Back