The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This film is one of the best comic films made IMHO...wish it was R rated

1098167_10151740953307708_721092853_n.jpg

I still find it kind of ironic that everyone made a huge deal about the Mandarin in IM3, but outside a few people, no one cares what the did to the 'Silver Samurai' in this film.

Maybe no cares about Silver Samurai, or maybe people want all their Marvel villains to be in Iron Man suits. :dunno

I'm looking forward to the unrated blu ray when it comes out.

I don't know....turning a popular character into a Bayformer is still pretty funny.

But i'll boil it down too Iron Man fans are incredibly more uptight then Wolverine fans.

I think its just gotten to that point where its cool to hate on IM now because its so popular.

Still, dying old man in a robot suit for 5 minutes before being thrown out a window following a cheesy one-liner, seemed like a joke to me.

I'd say thats true for merchandising, but not for the movies.

The dissapointment with IM3 is justified at least in that particular area.

I'm willing to bet over half of the 'disappointed' crowd had never read an issue of Iron Man with the Mandarin in it ever. I do agree with you on the bait n switch, but for me I liked the take and enjoyed the movie. I'd rather a filmmaker have ballz and take a chance like something with Trevor rather than go the cheap, easy route and put a bad guy in a robot suit just for the sake of having the hero fight a robot suit.

To each their own.

I would disagree and say the reason for hating Iron Man 3 was they can't separate film from the comics. People who haven't read the comic s really don't care about The Mandarin.

I've never read any mandarin stories, I didn't care if he was a terrorist or magical sorcerer with magic rings

I personally was dissapointed in that area because the trailers showed this awesome, menacing and calculating villain that looked wonderfully played by Kingsley, then it didn't happen.
They went the easy route of having a villain with fiery science powers for the sake of having the hero fight a guy with fiery powers

I've never read any mandarin stories, I didn't care if he was a terrorist or magical sorcerer with magic rings

I personally was dissapointed in that area because the trailers showed this awesome menacing and calculating villain that looked wonderfully played by Kingsley, then it didn't happen.
They went the easy route of having a villain with fiery science powers for the sake of having the hero fight a guy with strange powers

Touche :wink1:

A trailer did it's job then. Any trailer that could trick me is a good trailer.

So when you expect to get a $700 mint batmobile and get a scratched up matchbox car, would you love it for tricking you?

Honestly, when it comes to IM3 you have the advantage of not having any standards to begin with.

eh, why is this thread becoming an IM3 discussion?

anyway, i enjoyed the wolverine much more than i thought i would. i do think the 3rd act was a bit at odds with the down to earth feel of the rest of it. mangold did a great job as far as the character moments are concerned. for once i actually wanted to follow logan's journey every step of the way, and felt for him throughout. yukio was also a cute character, surprisingly memorable. it's got some flaws for sure, but overall it delivered. and hugh jackman rocks, as always.

i think this review best sums up my feelings on the film: https://electroshadow.com/?p=23154

Back