The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So when you expect to get a $700 mint batmobile and get a scratched up matchbox car, would you love it for tricking you?

Honestly, when it comes to IM3 you have the advantage of not having any standards to begin with.

That's not the same thing. At all. One is a film, which tells a story, the other is a piece of material.

I don't want to know the whole story when I walk into the theater. I want to be surprised. I want to be shocked. If a film can do that, it did it's job perfectly. Even if I don't like it.

I've never read anything about IM alone, only with the Avengers and stuff, so I wasn't that familiar with the mandarin, I have my own set of criticisms for IM3 but the Mandarin isn't quite one of them, I was indeed disappointed by the fact that he wasn't the main villain, but at the same time I thought the "twist" was very funny and the character itself was wonderfully played by Kingsley.

Also, this has now become an Iron Man takeover thread :lol

I've never read anything about IM alone, only with the Avengers and stuff, so I wasn't that familiar with the mandarin, I have my own set of criticisms for IM3 but the Mandarin isn't quite one of them, I was indeed disappointed by the fact that he wasn't the main villain, but at the same time I thought the "twist" was very funny and the character itself was wonderfully played by Kingsley.

Also, this has now become an Iron Man takeover thread :lol

IM3 will be the parachute pants of this comic book movie generation but I think Wolverine will fair better. I guess I can only speak for old fogeys like myself since Celtic represents the apocalyptic future present! :cuss

For better or for worse, Iron Man 3 is the more memorable then Wolverine.

Only as far as stepping in **** is more memorable that having a nice walk in the park. Look at us still kicking it off our shoes in all these different threads.

I would disagree and say the reason for hating Iron Man 3 was they can't separate film from the comics. People who haven't read the comic s really don't care about The Mandarin.
Isn't that what the haters of The Wolverine are doing? Yes the Silver Samurai in The Wolverine is portrayed differently then what he is in the comic. To me though I can completely buy it because of the story behind it. Fits the story perfectly.

Are people angry at the Silver Samurai? I thought it was done quite well and I could give two ****s about the Mandarin because I dont care for iron man's villians anyhow. Maybe Im being biased because if they if they did the same thing to someone like Venom or joker or even Magneto, then I'd be upset I guess. Since those characters are so well known and Mandarin and Silver samuri arent then i guess its ok to change them up a bit. Sure mandarin was extreme but Silver Samurai was fine in my book.

I only disliked Iron man because it so bland and shallow compared to the other two. It felt so small to me. Wolverine just felt like a good ole comic book film.

:rotfl

Excellent analogy.

Everything I needed to know, I learned by walking the dog. :lecture

By the way, for you fanboys, I never said memorable equaled better. It doesn't.

You wouldn't suggest for a minute that any comic book movie is better than IM3 this year. You're it's biggest ****ing cheerleader so anything you type is just another damn pom-pom in my face!

Isn't that what the haters of The Wolverine are doing? Yes the Silver Samurai in The Wolverine is portrayed differently then what he is in the comic. To me though I can completely buy it because of the story behind it. Fits the story perfectly.

The final act has been to focal point for most of the criticism on the movie and I agree. It could have been done better and been more faithful to the comics. All told though, it still delivered a decent payoff in the end. Nowhere near as ****acular as Origins or as v*g*n*l as IM3.

Are people angry at the Silver Samurai? I thought it was done quite well and I could give two ****s about the Mandarin because I dont care for iron man's villians anyhow. Maybe Im being biased because if they if they did the same thing to someone like Venom or joker or even Magneto, then I'd be upset I guess. Since those characters are so well known and Mandarin and Silver samuri arent then i guess its ok to change them up a bit. Sure mandarin was extreme but Silver Samurai was fine in my book.

I only disliked Iron man because it so bland and shallow compared to the other two. It felt so small to me. Wolverine just felt like a good ole comic book film.

True Mandarin wasn't the only problem. There was the anticlimax of turning his armors into tissue paper and magically turning them into fireworks with some ****ty CGI to boot.

Wow, am I late to the party? Everyone realizing that comic movies are rarely faithful to the source material? :rotfl

Indeed i don't think there's one thats fully faithful.

sin_city_poster-10165.jpg

also

300-posters--300-649187_1100_1630.jpg

That one may have added a few EXTRA bits, but pretty much everything in the comic is in that movie.

Back