The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wolverine 2

New promo pic from USA Today.

04e909e7-fb16-4722-8c25-ce039bd9ac27-13Wolverine.jpg

I think what bugs me about the "bone claw" thing is that they look more like overgrown fingernails that have been nervously chewed on.

Jackman definitely looks more bulky in that shot from others, more like Hulk than super cut like the early promo photo.

wolverine_jackman_660.jpg

This and Man of Steel are my most anticipated this year.

Though i bet this (despite quality) will be the one everyone trolls and hates on. There's always one each year that people decide is the one to hate

Man of Steel will be praised just because Nolan was involved an people's view of this movie will be tainted by bad views of Origins.

Man of Steel will be praised just because Nolan was involved an people's view of this movie will be tainted by bad views of Origins.

:exactly: Though if it sucks, all the Nolancom****s will just blame Snyder and claim Nolan was attached for name recognition. :monkey1

https://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/01/24/the-wolverines-james-mangold-promises-berserker-rage/

"One of the things that has always been a feature of Wolverine in the comics is that he has a berserker rage, that he has anger and some of his abilities are driven by something more primal." And how do you showcase the primal nature of those abilities? Easy, Mangold said: You give the character opportunities to get pissed off. "Honestly, to get really pissed off — not cute pissed off, not quippy pissed off, not funny pissed off or cigar-chomping pissed off, just pissed off — that can then help drive the fighting, drive the combat"

The more i hear about this film the more the anticipation builds. :yess:

"There is a significant amount of Japanese spoken in the movie, and the cast is almost entirely Japanese," he said of the film's international flavor and setting. "So there is this wonderful sense of cross-pollination between a very Western character and a far Eastern culture, and I think it's very cool and something we haven't seen so far."

I'm so glad Fox and Mangold are doing this and not MCU, they'd never take the character in this direction or have the ***** to set the film near entirely in Japan with Spoken Japanease and a near entire Japanese cast.

Although he would not reveal a day or time we'll see a trailer, Mangold did promise something is coming "soon," though it might be a less-is-more approach rather than two minutes of revealing footage. "I think you always want to put your best foot forward," Mangold said when asked about how he's crafting the first look at the film. "For me, I'm not the marketing department of Fox, but for my own tastes, less is more." He said that because audiences are already familiar with the character, he doesn't think they have to give away too much, just a proper tease that showcases what he and Jackman have been up to. "You have a character that's a bit of a given, you know this guy. Hugh is so good in this role. My point of view is 'save as much as you can,' but we will be lifting our skirt and offering a peek or two, certainly in the months to come."

More good news, i hate it when movies are marketted so much you feel like you've seen it all before even seeing the movie

Last edited:

This better be good, lost some anticipation after Aronofsky left.
X Men Days of future Past needs a good lead in!!!

Back