The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wolverine 2

No idea what that is. :panic:
luther_1630806c.jpg

Wolverine 2 may be the summer shocker.

Not saying its going to do IM3 money, but not spending another budget worth on advertising may be a good way to go.

I'm really hoping they can infuse something into this franchise, its not like Origins didn't have some cool stuff in it, its just what they did do wrong, they did horribly wrong. :slap

PR will be the summer winner IMHO. I don't know if it will beat IM3 though

Watching that featurette and the guy breaking the mug on Wolverine's face made me think of something. Could you imagine them doing a Wolverine rated R with the level of violence of say Dredd?

Obviously not what producers want (crippling potential audience) but I think it would be awesome for hardcore fans. I would love to see something on screen like Wolverine slicing the Hellfire goons up in the sewers below the club. Oh well, not like it would ever happen, but I can dream of a Wolverine Unleashed. :love

I was saying the same thing the other day, the comics are goretastic at times and get by just fine.

Best we could wish for is a 18 rated cut on home entertainment.

I don't see why they wouldn't they'd, get DVD sales from the regular cut and unrated cut aswell :dunno

And they know comic fans will lap up a blood and guts Wolverine movie while the general audience can have the theatrical cut

Last edited:

I was saying the same thing, the comics are goretastic at times and get by just fine.

I don't see why they wouldn't they'd get DVD sales from the regular cut and unrated cut aswell :dunno

And that could be worth the wait for that. Dude you need to seriously email someone with that idea, I can't believe it hasn't happened. An R Rated Director's cut would be a dream prize and I'd pay a premium for it, I really don't know why they can't have extra scenes and edits to cater to a crowd that wants a Wolverine "Dark" edition. If its a decent movie and can be bumped up to a little more realistic "gore" (worthy of a man who fights with unbreakable pig stickers) I'd be all over it, even at the 75 to 100 bucks range. I'd actually look at it as more of a collectible than anything else. best of both worlds, families get their "blean" version, hardcore gans get the adult version.

Watching that featurette and the guy breaking the mug on Wolverine's face made me think of something. Could you imagine them doing a Wolverine rated R with the level of violence of say Dredd?

Obviously not what producers want (crippling potential audience) but I think it would be awesome for hardcore fans. I would love to see something on screen like Wolverine slicing the Hellfire goons up in the sewers below the club. Oh well, not like it would ever happen, but I can dream of a Wolverine Unleashed. :love

I was saying the same thing the other day, the comics are goretastic at times and get by just fine.

I don't see why they wouldn't they'd, get DVD sales from the regular cut and unrated cut aswell :dunno

And they know comic fans will lap up a blood and guts Wolverine movie while the general audience can have the theatrical cut

And that could be worth the wait for that. Dude you need to seriously email someone with that idea, I can't believe it hasn't happened. An R Rated Director's cut would be a dream prize and I'd pay a premium for it, I really don't know why they can't have extra scenes and edits to cater to a crowd that wants a Wolverine "Dark" edition. If its a decent movie and can be bumped up to a little more realistic "gore" (worthy of a man who fights with unbreakable pig stickers) I'd be all over it, even at the 75 to 100 bucks range. I'd actually look at it as more of a collectible than anything else. best of both worlds, families get their "blean" version, hardcore gans get the adult version.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

Back