The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wolverine 2

I think its cultural, its probably made to appeal to a certain market, plus, this isn't the first time I've seen Asian stuff referring to this as Wolverine Samurai. They seem to be heavily courting the Asian market which isn't a bad thing.

wolverinelimitlarge.jpg

I used to agree with the "this poster sucks" crowd, but then I noticed that no matter how different new film posters are, they all still say they're ****ty. :lol

Poster looks fine to me.

Got the Adamantium Collection today

k557.jpg

70q.JPG

It's beautiful.

Incidently the introduction says... "And even though they (comic fans) may grouse in the Internet, Marvel's readers can never seem to get enough of him"

:lol

Last edited:

Got the Adamantium Collection today

k557.jpg

70q.JPG

It's beautiful.

Incidently the introduction says... "And even though they (comic fans) may grouse in the Internet, Marvel's readers can never seem to get enough of him"

:lol

I like that art, who drew that? I think he did a couple 80s issues of the X-Men when Forge and Storm were under attack from the Wraiths, but I can't place the name.

:lol thought he was the writer :slap

Oh, he may write also, but that style is unmistakably his art. When I first read one of his books in the 80s I really hated it, but over time his style really grew on me and you definitely can't mistake it for someone else.

I personally don't really dig the 'claws out & holding the sword' thing. It looks extremely impractical to me.

One or the other I say.. :lol

You're right! I think it would've looked cool just having him holding the sword, but although I don't think the poster is super great, I don't think its crap like I posted... I was basically mimicking Darkseed's close minded post about hater being a hater if someone didn't like the poster, rather than the fact that they could honestly just not like the poster.

Confusing isn't it?

It's all fun & games until some naughty little mutant forgets to retract his adamantium claws while playing with his katana. :monkey2 :lol

I think the BEST poster so far, is this one:

the-wolverine-teaser-poster.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

My favourite is this.

2012-03-20-thewolverine.jpg

You could take away the text and you'd still know it's Wolverine in Japan. So simple yet brilliant.

Also MUCH prefer the font here, don't know why the changed it :cuckoo:

My favourite is this.

2012-03-20-thewolverine.jpg

You could take away the text and you'd still know it's Wolverine in Japan. So simple yet brilliant.

Also MUCH prefer the font here, don't know why the changed it :cuckoo:

Yup, thats cool, very low key.

Damn that X-Men cover I posted above is HUUUGE :lol

Back