The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope comic fans everywhere goes out to see this this weekend to help it get a $100+ million opening and beat out the 80 mil predictions since it seems based on the feedback thus far that this is a worthy movie about Wolverine that deserves our support.

Heavy Future: The Wolverine finds the balance of berserk and heart

The Wolverine was good and surprisingly so grounded with its approach to the story and characters for a major portion of the film. Though it's not exactly an faithful adaptation, the movie gives nods to the 1982 Wolverine comic by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller, while borrowing certain elements from it and expands on them.

This is Hugh Jackman's 6th time (5 movies and a cameo) portraying the character of Logan and he still brings something fresh to the character along with his badass charm to it. Both Mariko and Yukio played by Tao Okamoto and Rila F.ukushima were good supporting characters, especially with Mariko I was secretly hoping they would go with the comic ending panel.

The story is pretty straightforward but still manages to bring in some intrigue and moments of suspense in midst of the action. For most parts at least until the end, director James Mangold made sure that it doesn't feel like the action is driving the story, thus the action played out quite organic to the story.

The Wolverine is a solid and worthy entry into the X-Men saga and the mid credits scene just builds up the excitement for the next chapter.

Going to see this later today, so really trying to avoid spoilers. Really quick, is this movie viewable by a 7 year old? I did see the footage at SDCC, so I know they dropped one F-bomb, but I believe they can only get away with one in a PG13 movie.

Thoughts? Typically the Wolverine movies are more graphic and have more language than Avengers, Spiderman, etc.

Thanks!

For Cofphoto

No real spoilers but a rundown of some of the parentel concerns ..

There was alot of swearwords, one scene of some women in underwear, obviously slicing and stabbing but you don't see blood or the entry of the claws, but there is two consequtive scenes with a bit of blood and not screaming but Arghing pain sounds and some impalement but no blood. Some scene of Logan being shot and him examiining the bloody wounds

At one of the scenes where there was some violence the younger kkds in the audience were like "oh thats awesome"

Awesome thanks. Almost sounds like they went out of their way not to make it as graphic as they could have. He LOVES Wolverine and really wants to see this one. He's seen all of the XMen except Origins and First Class, although we'll probably let him see those any time now.

Thats what i thought. I was glad they didn't do it in this as it would've been pointless to change it in the first place.

Like giving Pepper Extremis and removing it ten minutes laters

Just returned.

Great emotion and character attachment in this movie.

My favorite Superhero movie this summer, easily beats IM3/MOS, no contest, sit the **** down IM3/MOS.

I didn't find anything boring

8.5/10.

She loved it.

Loved it loved it loved it.

She said it was very romantic and wants to move to Japan so that I can become romantic and propose to her again. :slap

She said it was better than IM3/MOS.

This movie was a great return to quality to this series.

Back