The X-Files Re-Opened: New Seasons From FOX (Season 11 Coming Soon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Truth May Still Be Out There! The X-Files potentially back!

i dont even think it was because of writing to those two. the plots in general were awful

Now that was a fantastic episode. Very clever and humorous twist, and it had a lot of heart.

Duchovny actually seemed interested and did a great job.

I disagree, I really liked tonight for the emotional aspect of the struggle with William.

Every episode in this season is like a highlight of some classic aspect of the first 9 seasons, I feel like Carter was very strategic about what kind of stories to have, how best to use this 6 episode season, I'm very impressed and next week looks classic.

I disagree, I really liked tonight for the emotional aspect of the struggle with William.

Every episode in this season is like a highlight of some classic aspect of the first 9 seasons, I feel like Carter was very strategic about what kind of stories to have, how best to use this 6 episode season, I'm very impressed and next week looks classic.

Didn't they go over that in the second episode? :lol I didn't like the monster...well, the monster was fine, but there was no explanation...I mean nothing. I get that Molder and Scully usually never solve any cases, but come on, at least shot that thing or something.

I guess you missed that part about the "tulku." Explained everything.

I guess you missed that part about the "tulku." Explained everything.

:lecture

Everything was explained and the episode had a theme running throughout that you're responsible for what you put on the earth. I agree with Maul about how strategic they're being in what little they have to work with. Great job so far. Two left.

My least fav episode thus far. That said, this is definitely X-files, and I did enjoy the emotional journey aspect....

Excellent episode! I love how they thematically tie the case into the characters lives. That was some old brew X-Files.

My least fav episode thus far. That said, this is definitely X-files, and I did enjoy the emotional journey aspect....

My least favorite as well, mostly because it was pretty dark and grim overall, but that said, it felt a lot like some of the episodes when Scully was dealing with cancer, which were pretty bleak, but in the grand scheme of a season they work fine. I think there's a sense of disliking an episode like this in a 6 episode season because you get so few, but in a 24 episode season this one might have felt more enjoyable.

Excellent episode! I love how they thematically tie the case into the characters lives. That was some old brew X-Files.

It's really amazing to see how well they're working all the classic elements that defined the show into these episodes. If you only ever watched season 10, you would know what the whole show was like. If new viewers can grasp that, this could easily hook a whole new audience on. It's like they hit this with an attitude that this could very likely be the last time we ever get a show or movie with these characters and let's go out on a high note.

As much as I'm sad we're almost done, if this is the end of our time with Mulder and Scully, I am more satisfied with this than Season 9 or I Want to Believe as our last times with them.

Nah, there's no way they'll walk away from the show after this season...not after the ratings and enthusiastic response they've got. I believe (heh) that this season was just them testing the waters to see if there was enough demand for more episodes. I'd say another mini-season is pretty likely...maybe even a 10 or 12 ep run.

Plus there's the fact that both Anderson and Duchovny have stated how much they enjoyed going back to it, and that Carter seems to be setting up a whole new mythology to play with.

Nah, there's no way they'll walk away from the show after this season...not after the ratings and enthusiastic response they've got. I believe (heh) that this season was just them testing the waters to see if there was enough demand for more episodes. I'd say another mini-season is pretty likely...maybe even a 10 or 12 ep run.

Plus there's the fact that both Anderson and Duchovny have stated how much they enjoyed going back to it, and that Carter seems to be setting up a whole new mythology to play with.

I'm hoping and have a feeling it's not done either. I did notice during the coming attractions that it said "One more episode until the Season Finale" and not Series Finale.

Last night was my least favorite as well - not because it was bad, but kind of depressing. I agree with MaulFan that it would have fit in better during a full Season.

I was surprised they got the same actress back as Scully's mom.

So I'm thinking at this point, the Gunmen cameo and Reyes pop up in the finale, although with the humor spin on the next episode, the Gunmen could fit there, I keep waiting for it.

IF there's another season, it's doubtful it will be longer than 6 episodes. Gillian lives in England and being away from her kids for that long of a time is a no-go according to interviews she has done recently.

I was surprised they got the same actress back as Scully's mom.

So I'm thinking at this point, the Gunmen cameo and Reyes pop up in the finale, although with the humor spin on the next episode, the Gunmen could fit there, I keep waiting for it.
The actress who played Scully's mom is R.W. Goodwin's wife. She was a customer at the dry cleaner I used to work at.

The last two episodes haven't been that great to me. Other than the scenes with Scullys mom we've seen episodes like it in the series. Tonight was okay until shroom tripping Mulder dreams of honky tonks, line dancing, and so on. Hope it comes back in full swing with the last episode.

Back