Throne Of The Slayer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics. Now I see the likness.
I'm so glad I got this looking at all your pics.
I will open mine and post pics tonight. Can't wait to open her but I need to do a lot of crap first and it's kind of like a little ceremony when I open these things up. Everything has to be right.

Box damages and chips are certainly good enough reasons to ask for a replacement...
You paid a lot for this, erik.

I disagree. Damages to the box is being ____. Chips to the piece I definitely agree. When a statue comes mint that's the most important thing and should be to all collectors. The box protects our investment. :)

DSC04027.jpg

The bottom of the base is quite interesting.

Usually they're just black with words and numbers on them, but this one has all kinds of stuff going on.

I disagree. Damages to the box is being ____. Chips to the piece I definitely agree. When a statue comes mint that's the most important thing and should be to all collectors. The box protects our investment. :)

Eli, whether we like it or not, tears in the box like that (not a minor ding) does effect resale value. All things being equal, if you had a choice between a torn box and an undamaged one, would you choose the torn one? Likely not. Then again, if you typically throw out the statue boxes or generally have no intention of ever reselling, then it doesn't really matter what the opinions are on boxes as you're clearly of a different mindset. Which is fine.

In my mind, however, these beautiful pieces aren't just divine sculptures, they're collectibles too and as such, I realize that I will quite likely sell or trade it down the line. As I prefer to make more money than less, I prefer to not receive torn boxes.

:D

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I really love this piece, and wanted to convey just how beautiful it really is.

That does look great. Is the necklace part of the sculpt or a separate piece?
The necklace is part of the sculpt. There are only four pieces in the box - the base, the throne, the statue, and the scythe.

Who will be the first to post a pic of it next to the PF?

Here you go:

buffy12.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I really love this piece, and wanted to convey just how beautiful it really is.

The necklace is part of the sculpt. There are only four pieces in the box - the base, the throne, the statue, and the scythe.

Here you go:

buffy12.jpg

So, it appears that this is approx. 1/5th scale, as expected. I was really hoping that it would be in scale with the PFs, but I'm still tempted to get this in anticipation of the others coming out.

Also, RoboDad's pics are the best I've ever seen, Sideshow publicity shots or otherwise. Fantastic. They should probably give you a commission on statues sold in the next couple of weeks because of them :)

pics look good. but i still don't want to get into this line.

you should ask SS if they will send you a replacement box. i think i've heard of them doing that before. they might just ship 1 flattened. no guarantee it won't arrive with worse damage though.

Eli, whether we like it or not, tears in the box like that (not a minor ding) does effect resale value. All things being equal, if you had a choice between a torn box and an undamaged one, would you choose the torn one? Likely not. Then again, if you typically throw out the statue boxes or generally have no intention of ever reselling, then it doesn't really matter what the opinions are on boxes as you're clearly of a different mindset. Which is fine.

In my mind, however, these beautiful pieces aren't just divine sculptures, they're collectibles too and as such, I realize that I will quite likely sell or trade it down the line. As I prefer to make more money than less, I prefer to not receive torn boxes.

:D

I really don't see this as an investment, nor do I plan to resell it down the line. I just want stuff perfect, and I'm really crazy about how good the box is, therefore I'm a little sad my box got damage.

hmmmm, just wondering, for those who got the statue already, how's the paint job on the eyes? the one I have, one of the eyes seems to be a bit dirty on the white part of the eyes.....I'll try to take a picts maybe a bit later....

So, it appears that this is approx. 1/5th scale, as expected. I was really hoping that it would be in scale with the PFs, but I'm still tempted to get this in anticipation of the others coming out.

Also, RoboDad's pics are the best I've ever seen, Sideshow publicity shots or otherwise. Fantastic. They should probably give you a commission on statues sold in the next couple of weeks because of them :)

Robodad's pics are awesome.

I also would have preferred 1/4 scale. It makes it a little tougher display together.
However, if the Faith will be 1/5 too, I'll live.

:)

I'm going to imagine that the other pieces in this line will be the same scale. At least they had better be. Oh, and I got paid yesterday, and the pics look so good that I broke down and ordered the Exclusive. Now bring on Faith, or Willow, or heck, any Buffy (or too much to hope Angel?) character! I want a whole Scooby gang of these!

Here you go:

buffy12.jpg

From the photo it seems like the Throne is much smaller. But in person, it is quite big and striking!

From the photo it seems like the Throne is much smaller. But in person, it is quite big and striking!

I know what you mean. I even took extra care when I took that photo to make sure that I didn't do anything to distort the perspective at all. risingstar is right. The PF is just that much bigger.

Personally, though, I am liking this scale a lot. I actually kind of wish that Sideshow had opted for 1/5th scale when they first started the PF line. It is still large enough to be very impressive, but not so large that display space becomes so much of an issue.

Back