Throne Of The Slayer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, though, I am liking this scale a lot. I actually kind of wish that Sideshow had opted for 1/5th scale when they first started the PF line. It is still large enough to be very impressive, but not so large that display space becomes so much of an issue.

I agree 100%. I may be wrong but I think SS wanted to differentiate itself from the other companies producing statues at the time. Bowen was really popular then and fans wouldn't have been as quick to pop over unless SS stood out in some way... and boy did it ever. Most fans who came over for a visit eventually moved in.

That's probably true, but I think the mixed media aspect alone would have been enough to stand out over Bowen.

It has, you're right. However, I remember the fabric aspect being a tough sell at first.
For some, it still is a tough transition. It definitely was for me as my first reaction was that it felt doll-like.
Of course, I grew to see the error of my ways... lol

I still love the PF's and I wouldn't give them up. But I do very much love this Maquette line and I cannot wait to see the next item up. Though, it seems like it will be a while.

My PF Spike is simply the best thing I have in my collection. I'm dying to see the Throne in person tomorrow and decide if Spike loses his crown. Anyway I'd give up this new line of maquettes for the resurrection of the PF and 1/6 line...

I'll be honest. I didn't expect it to, but the Throne has already become my favorite Buffy piece, even beating the LBD and Spike PFs. There is so much detail, and the addition of the throne makes the piece so much more dynamic.

I'll be honest. I didn't expect it to, but the Throne has already become my favorite Buffy piece, even beating the LBD and Spike PFs. There is so much detail, and the addition of the throne makes the piece so much more dynamic.

I don't remember if I said the same thing in this thread, but I def said it in my collection thread. This has become my favorite piece in my collection.

I don't remember if I said the same thing in this thread, but I def said it in my collection thread. This has become my favorite piece in my collection.

:rotfl:lol:lol:lol:lol Friday :rock

Well I love it. Not my buffy so much though. She has a serious lazy eye.

buffy014.jpg

buffy012-1.jpg

buffy007.jpg

buffy013.jpg

buffy009.jpg

buffy008.jpg

buffy005.jpg

buffy002.jpg

buffy003.jpg

buffy004.jpg

Freemie, if you are unhappy with your piece, you can always ask for a replacement.
You're a darn good client.

I didn't read the last post so didn't see he was unhappy with the lazy eye, but as risingstar says if you're unhappy then get it replaced or you'll never enjoy it like you should. :)

Seeing these photos just confirms for me what I originally thought, and that is this is a beautifully sculpted piece, but it looks bugger all like Buffy. To me it's just some blonde sitting on a throne.

Still think the 12" fig and the premium format has the best likenesses I'm afraid. Kudos for those who love it though.

Back