Throne Of The Slayer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She arrived!

P1020595.jpg

P1020599.jpg

For scale:
P1020598.jpg

(looks pretty much 1/4 to me since SMG would be shorter than Bruce)

Eh, I don't think she is 1/4 scale what so ever. She may be short but her actual body is not proportionate to 1/4th at all.

Anyway, I got mine. The lady is still skeptical on the likeness but I like. My only complaint is the paint on the hair, kind of ____ty. Wouldn't mind having someone repaint her. No lazy eye.

Yup, already did. They asked me to destroy the broken one, of course. I need to think up a creative way to do so.

Hi everyone, my exclusive version arrived last week #33 :yess:, my joy was short lived as I discovered two flaws on buffy, 1st was on her left hand where the stake point should be at the tip of her index finger, it was lying on the outside of her index finger. The second flaw was a black scratch under her right arm. So I e-mailed Sideshow asking for a replacement and I got an e-mail this morning confirming they will send a replacement in the next week or so. But when I read the last part of the e-mail :horror. Here's the e-mail.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact our Returns Department. We are so sorry to see that your item arrived flawed!
We wanted to follow up with you today to confirm that a replacement order #******** has been booked for the Buffy Body only. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your replacement order to ship at no cost to you.
Please make sure your replacement part is undamaged upon receipt. If your replacement is acceptable, please destroy your damaged part only per the instructions below and provide photos within 5 business days of receipt of your replacement. If we do not receive your photos in this time, you will be charged for the extra piece."

I understand that they don't want me selling on the flawed part and that they don't want me returning it as they would be responsible for the shipping charges but how can I destroy her, It just seems such a waste :monkey2. You can't even notice the flaws from a distance, I would have preferred they took the flawed piece back instead of having me destroy such a beautiful piece.

This has always been their standard practice for damaged pieces on non-US orders. The cost of returning the piece to California is usually too high to make it worth their while. And, since they do manufacture enough "spare" pieces to cover replacement requests, even after you destroy the Buffy statue it won't affect the overall edition size.

You should think up a creative way to destroy it, and make a video of it. We've seen some really interesting ones in the past.

^That's standard practice. I have to destroy my chipped scythe once I get my replacement.

Looking at this statue, I've even come up with a whole back story for what's going on in it.

I see a darkly lit dungeon type room, in it sit a whole bunch of vamps with their leader, a real pretentious guy that fancies himself the next Master, sitting the throne. There's the usual talk of ritual, and needing the blood of the slayer, and how they'll son rule th world. Then Buffy busts in and breaks up the party with a quip. The leader shouts "The Slayer! Get her!" Then begins the battle, with Buffy dusting vampires wholesale. After all the minions have fallen, the leader is the last one left. He shows his true colors and turns coward, pleading with Buffy to spare him. She hacks his head off with the scythe. A little weary after a good fight, Buffy sees the pretentious throne, and kicks back in it to admire her handiwork.

Man, that's sad that I thought up all that just over a statue.:rotfl

Standard practice I know I know, guess it just feels wrong destroying anything to do with the Buffster. Olaf's hammer would come in handy about now.

Back