Throne Of The Slayer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey can someone take photos of their Buffy from the top, most notably the hair. I might have some nasty brown highlight paint that I might want to get mine replaced if others look a lot better.

I spoke with the SSC returns department on Friday. They said the replacement throne shouldn't be a problem. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm still waiting for a formal email reply though as to their decision.

IMG_4732.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4728.jpg

IMG_4725.jpg

Thanks Chap! Yea mine looks pretty similar to that although it looks a bit more darker down the part and there is one side that looks like it has over "highlighting". I don't like how they painted the hair at all.

Ok so just got my replacement this morning everything seems to be correct, but I just have a question for fellow owners, should the foot that is resting on the base be firmly flat to the surface? When I move the foot Buffy rocks a bit in the chair; is anyone else getting this? It done this with the first one as well. Thanks in advance.

Tyler, are you gonna repaint it?

I have been thinking about it cause I am not a fan of the hair. I think if the hair was repainted it would look 10x better. I would have to repaint all of the hair first then add the highlights back in. I haven't decided what color I want the hair though, if I should leave it the same color or maybe change it up a bit.

I have painted miniature plastic and pewter figures but I haven't repainted anything sideshow yet so I am a bit nervous.

I have been thinking about it cause I am not a fan of the hair. I think if the hair was repainted it would look 10x better. I would have to repaint all of the hair first then add the highlights back in. I haven't decided what color I want the hair though, if I should leave it the same color or maybe change it up a bit.

I have painted miniature plastic and pewter figures but I haven't repainted anything sideshow yet so I am a bit nervous.

Polystone would be way easier than smaller plastic IMO, I think you'd be fine.

Polystone would be way easier than smaller plastic IMO, I think you'd be fine.

Yea but if you screw up a bit on smaller figures it is usually less noticeable on large but I guess anything is better than the current paint job on there.

You have any recommendations for paints to use?

Yea but if you screw up a bit on smaller figures it is usually less noticeable on large but I guess anything is better than the current paint job on there.

You have any recommendations for paints to use?

Sort of but even on the 1/6 scale for most stuff that I've painted the smallest mess up will show more in photos with the face features but everything is can be less noticeable.

I would go with Model Master acrylic from a hobby/art store. Also get some clear flat gloss to seal the paint after you are finished so it doesn't rub, it might not rub regardless but just to be safe.

Sort of but even on the 1/6 scale for most stuff that I've painted the smallest mess up will show more in photos with the face features but everything is can be less noticeable.

I would go with Model Master acrylic from a hobby/art store. Also get some clear flat gloss to seal the paint after you are finished so it doesn't rub, it might not rub regardless but just to be safe.

Rock on, I will have to check them out.

Trying to think the best way to do the highlights. Using watered down paint should be easier to get it in the grooves and deep parts of the hair. I don't want a drastic change in highlight color like they did though so I will probably mix a darker color with whatever color I decide to use with the hair.

Rock on, I will have to check them out.

Trying to think the best way to do the highlights. Using watered down paint should be easier to get it in the grooves and deep parts of the hair. I don't want a drastic change in highlight color like they did though so I will probably mix a darker color with whatever color I decide to use with the hair.

Try the drybrush method, although it ruins a brush you typically have one brush that is ruined for this method as well. You basically get some paint on the brush and wipe it on the paper towel, napkin or what not until it's dry and then lightly go over the part of the hair that you want highlighted or darken.

Try the drybrush method, although it ruins a brush you typically have one brush that is ruined for this method as well. You basically get some paint on the brush and wipe it on the paper towel, napkin or what not until it's dry and then lightly go over the part of the hair that you want highlighted or darken.

Oh yea most definitely that would work too but I usually use that method if I want to highlight the upper areas.

Her hair is blond with darker looking highlights, at least that is how it appears they painted it. Unless it is suppose to be darker with blond highlights. That might be easier. I could paint her hair the darker color then use the blond dry brush method to highlight it.

Oh yea most definitely that would work too but I usually use that method if I want to highlight the upper areas.

Her hair is blond with darker looking highlights, at least that is how it appears they painted it. Unless it is suppose to be darker with blond highlights. That might be easier. I could paint her hair the darker color then use the blond dry brush method to highlight it.

:rock :rock :rock I really think you could make her hair look much better than those photos I saw earlier, some of Sideshow's apps are really not up to par with a custom job.

:rock :rock :rock I really think you could make her hair look much better than those photos I saw earlier, some of Sideshow's apps are really not up to par with a custom job.

Yea I agree, they did not do the best job with the paint on this one. Well the skin isn't bad nor the face the hair is really the problem.

Back