Throne Of The Slayer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had someone contact me here about selling me their Buffy Ex, but the shipping to Australia was crazy, $350 and that's not including the statue cost, I nearly died. So unfortunately for both of us, the deal didn't work. So really the only way I can get one is if I find one in Australia, so I'm keeping a look out on Ebay.

I'm on the waitlist for Fatith, hopefully it will convert, but I don't really want the Willow one, just looking for the Slayers and Vampires.

I have seen the issues with the Faith in that thread. Hopefully they will fix the issues, it really makes it very annoying to preorder something based on the sample piece, only for the product to not even look the same. A paint job is everything, clearly the sculpt looked spot on, so any issues have to be recasting this scult and the painting.

These don't come cheap, hopefully they will give us a version that looks as close to the original as it can.

I had someone contact me here about selling me their Buffy Ex, but the shipping to Australia was crazy, $350 and that's not including the statue cost, I nearly died. So unfortunately for both of us, the deal didn't work. So really the only way I can get one is if I find one in Australia, so I'm keeping a look out on Ebay.

I'm on the waitlist for Fatith, hopefully it will convert, but I don't really want the Willow one, just looking for the Slayers and Vampires.

I have seen the issues with the Faith in that thread. Hopefully they will fix the issues, it really makes it very annoying to preorder something based on the sample piece, only for the product to not even look the same. A paint job is everything, clearly the sculpt looked spot on, so any issues have to be recasting this scult and the painting.

These don't come cheap, hopefully they will give us a version that looks as close to the original as it can.

I think your waitlist will convert. I wouldn't be too worried at this point. With that said, I am surprised that the secondary market has dried up with the Willow statue, specifically the Exclusive. I think we'll see a similar trend with Faith.

Received my Throne of the Slayer exclusive yesterday, I think it's a beautiful statue. I'm really happy with it, no lazy eyes and I think there is a very good likeness to SMG. I know a lot of people didn't think it was that good, but after I set it up and put it on display, I can totally see SMG there. Brilliant display piece, can't wait to get the Faith, Spike and Angel to complete my Slayer/Vamp collection.

Received my Throne of the Slayer exclusive yesterday, I think it's a beautiful statue. I'm really happy with it, no lazy eyes and I think there is a very good likeness to SMG. I know a lot of people didn't think it was that good, but after I set it up and put it on display, I can totally see SMG there. Brilliant display piece, can't wait to get the Faith, Spike and Angel to complete my Slayer/Vamp collection.

Congrats!!! :rock

Post some pics!

Any luck on the Faith Ex. WL? It's still early, but figured I'd ask.

No, Faith hasn't converted yet :( Perhaps it won't until it's ready to be shipped and a few cancellations go through. Just ordered Angel and pre ordered Spike a while ago. These will look great together on a shelf, looking forward to receiving them all.

I'm on the waitlist for the EX Faith too!! I really want her with her dagger. Most of the others, I am fine with the regulars, especially Willow and Spike. I'm not a huge fan of the stuffed animal or vampire face.

Yes, I think the Faith ex is a must because she always had that knife, same with the Buffy one, I love having the scythe on display with it.

Closer to the time she ships, you should see cancellations. I just know there are a lot of people on waitlist for that one. So, it will depend on how soon after she sold out you placed your order.

Hi all,

Bit of an old topic now but wanted to share my excitement haha.

My Throne of the Slayer maquette came today from London. I am in Australia and this piece has long sold out here from the suppliers of Sideshow products, and I had been scouring the internet for a place that still had one for months.

I finally came across a store who I was able to purchase one off and have it shipped. She's awesome (number 377) and looks great next to Willow. Looking forward to Faith, Spike and Angel.

The store I purchased it off is called Comet Miniatures. When I contacted them they had two left, so I'm guessing they have one now (it's still on their website anyway) if anyone wants to hit them up. I found them very friendly and reliable to deal with from abroad.

https://www.comet-miniatures.com/search.php?xsid=fd493033845fdcd9c9c0469031e13c19&s_for=buffy

Cheers

I posted in this thread a day ago but a message came up saying it needed to approved by a mod. Perhaps because it had a link in it? Anyway it hasn't re-appeared to re-posting..

Very happy collector here as I finally got my hands on a Throne of the Slayer maquette. Very happy with it. Good paint - no bleeding of the silver on the cross and no lazy eye syndrome. She's #377.

I'm in Australia and stockists here and in the US seem to have long sold out but I was fortunate enough to come across a place in the UK called Comet Miniatures who had two left so I had one shipped. Looks like they still have one left if someone is looking to get one of these pieces :) I found them good to deal with from abroad._

Cheers

Hello everyone,

I am new to this board (first post!) and new to this whole statue thing. But I am a HUGE fan of Buffy. That said, I am very sad that I did not know about Sideshow statues until just very recently. Because of that, I missed out on the first two Premium Buffy statues that first came out, and also the most recent Throne of the Slayer statue. What's really frustrating is reading that it took so long for Throne of the Slayer to sell out, but now it is nearly impossible to find. I contacted the UK store that is referenced a few posts above mine and they still have one available, but it is going to cost a pretty penny! I'm wondering if anyone happens to know of any other sellers of any of the Buffy statues? I see that back in August that Sidewinder said that she had someone willing to sell the Exclusive version to her. Sidewinder, or anyone else that may know, do you know if that seller is still looking to sell that statue? Probably not, it's probably long since been sold via ebay or something but just thought I'd ask.

Since discovering these statues I have ordered the Willow regular version, I got in on the preorder for both Exclusives for Angel and Spike, and I'm currently waitlisted for the Exclusive Faith. BUT I NEED A BUFFY TO GO WITH THEM! :panic:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Hello everyone,

I am new to this board (first post!) and new to this whole statue thing. But I am a HUGE fan of Buffy. That said, I am very sad that I did not know about Sideshow statues until just very recently. Because of that, I missed out on the first two Premium Buffy statues that first came out, and also the most recent Throne of the Slayer statue. What's really frustrating is reading that it took so long for Throne of the Slayer to sell out, but now it is nearly impossible to find. I contacted the UK store that is referenced a few posts above mine and they still have one available, but it is going to cost a pretty penny! I'm wondering if anyone happens to know of any other sellers of any of the Buffy statues? I see that back in August that Sidewinder said that she had someone willing to sell the Exclusive version to her. Sidewinder, or anyone else that may know, do you know if that seller is still looking to sell that statue? Probably not, it's probably long since been sold via ebay or something but just thought I'd ask.

Since discovering these statues I have ordered the Willow regular version, I got in on the preorder for both Exclusives for Angel and Spike, and I'm currently waitlisted for the Exclusive Faith. BUT I NEED A BUFFY TO GO WITH THEM! :panic:

Welcome to the forum!

Hello everyone,

Welcome!

I haven't seen any Thrones for sale, but if I come across one, I'll drop you a PM. It sounds like you're off to a good start with Willow and soon-to-come Spike and Angel. Stick with the wait-list on the Faith Ex. I would be a little surprised if it doesn't convert. Worst case scenario, go on Ebay. You may pay a slight mark-up, but if you find one early, it won't be outrageous.

Welcome iheartBuffy :) I was in much the same boat. My first statue in the line was Willow and I have Spike and Faith coming in the next few weeks.

Go to ebay, there is one just listed for buy it now. Search 'Buffy on Throne' :)

I scoured the Internet inside out to find a Throne of the Slayer statue and finally found one at Comet Miniatures in the UK (as previously posted). It ended up costing me a pretty penny to get it to Australia but am glad to have it.

I'm really surprised the Throne caught on in popularity as much as it did. I really enjoy the piece, but now with all of these new additions to the line, it's probably the weakest in terms of looks IMO. (Still a really great piece though. Don't get me wrong.)

I'm hoping they release another version of Buffy, which I think wouldn't be a bad idea for Sideshow, if sales are an issue. It would most certainly sell out if ES is right.

:welcome1:
I had your same problem, discovering Sideshow only about a year ago. Luckily I could still get the Throne back then. But the piece I was really after was the Buffy premium format alternate statue. It was REALLY hard to find, but my persistence paid off, and I got one off ebay at a decent price. I'm sure you won't have too much trouble finding one if you check on ebay regularly. You will get dry spells, and then all of a sudden there will be 3 on sale at the same time.
Anyway, I really do hope you find your Buffy! She is after all a must-have collector's item.

I'm really surprised the Throne caught on in popularity as much as it did. I really enjoy the piece, but now with all of these new additions to the line, it's probably the weakest in terms of looks IMO. (Still a really great piece though. Don't get me wrong.)

I'm hoping they release another version of Buffy, which I think wouldn't be a bad idea for Sideshow, if sales are an issue. It would most certainly sell out if ES is right.

I totally agree. I think when they released the images for Spike, Faith and Willow, people fell in love with the line so snapped up Buffy to complete their collection.

I would like to see a second Buffy. They did it with the PFs so why not. I wondered when the other statues' images were released, whether the Throne of the Slayer maquette was or wasn't the Buffy companion for this line. Seems it is.

Back